It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

RWarehall: I thought about the same thing. One possibility is having a long list of roles, everything from cop to The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass, all written by you to choose from.
Krypsyn: Well, yes, but, in order for it to be irrefutable, it would necessarily have to not include any roles town may actually possess. That is where it would possibly (probably) give scum too much information.
Another possibility is to make most roles just a couple of one-shot abilities and call everyone a JoaT...
RWarehall: ]
Another possibility is to make most roles just a couple of one-shot abilities and call everyone a JoaT...
Hahahaha! Brilliant. I may even have to steal that from you. :P
RWarehall: ]
Krypsyn: Hahahaha! Brilliant. I may even have to steal that from you. :P
Feel free!
FTL is a great game to play while waiting for forum mafia to progress!!! I'm having a blast!(er...)
Post edited October 23, 2015 by drealmer7
RWarehall: I thought about the same thing. One possibility is having a long list of roles, everything from cop to The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass, all written by you to choose from.
That was actually somewhat like the mechanic I had in mind when I started the nunnery game. Every player would get a partial list of the roles in play plus some roles not in play. Repeated roles, like vanilla, would show up on the composite list multiple times.

The basic idea for the flavor was that 1/2 or so of the original population had been wiped out, so the full list included those who "were lost" plus those players actually still in the game. There would be some temptation for scum to bluff when sharing their part of the list, of course, which could actually add to the intrigue, or you could give players overlapping sections of list as a counter-balance.
Vitek: Game with no flavour, low number of roles and only basic ones and clearly posted sample PM to make it unable to discuss them.
Krypsyn: Have zero flavor. The role PM would only be role. For example: "Town Cop" or "Mafia Goon". The OP could list win conditions (as well as an exmaple PM for all alignments), so that would be taken care of. Hard to read too much into such a terse PM.
Tell you what - you guys really think that sounds like a good time? I'll cut you a deal. I'll mod that game, and you both should be forced to play it.

Zero flavor, zero creativity, zero work, zero effort.

You can invite JMich, CSPVG, flubbucket, and Robbeasy, and then you'll finally have the savvy veteran game you've been craving for so long.
Post edited October 23, 2015 by yogsloth
"Ballad for Yogsloth"
I'm disappointed, I was expecting the Foo Fighters...
All I'll add is this...as a veteran of massive 30 player live late night Werewolf games at conventions such as Gencon or Origins, even though there are only 2 Werewolves and 1 Seer among so many, its still very fun...
yogsloth: I'll cut you a deal. I'll mod that game, and you both should be forced to play it.
Nah. I want Vitek to run it, and I won't have to be forced to play. A game where talk of PMs and set-up is kept to a minimum, and flavor can't be used to (unintentionally) unbalance things, seems like Mafia heaven to me.
Please remove me from the contact list as well as the hosting list.
I'm done playing this game with someone who spends all game spouting non-game related personal insults...
Okay.

I'll leave a light on for ya' in case you decide you want to play again.
RWarehall: Please remove me from the contact list as well as the hosting list.
I'm done playing this game with someone who spends all game spouting non-game related personal insults...
Too bad to see you leave. Don't let HijacK get to you so much. Yes, he is often annoying and gets unjustly personal and I was angry about that from time to time too. But then I decided, that playing with you others is still fun and I won't let my fun be spoiled by one overly agressive person.
RWarehall: Please remove me from the contact list as well as the hosting list.
Lifthrasil: Too bad to see you leave. Don't let HijacK get to you so much. Yes, he is often annoying and gets unjustly personal and I was angry about that from time to time too. But then I decided, that playing with you others is still fun and I won't let my fun be spoiled by one overly agressive person.
^ +++

That is how we need to be operating in life as a world-community. We're all stuck on this planet together.

edit: until they start sending people to mars
Post edited October 25, 2015 by drealmer7
Has anyone seen crewdroog since she was replaced?