It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

trentonlf: Ok, bout of stress over the mafia game is done. Please add me to the notify list.
Done. Lucky 13!
Sign-up thread is now live!
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/signup_thread_gog_forum_mafia_30
Just gonna throw this out there, I don't know what people would think of playing a similar, but slightly different game than mafia. Specifically I'm think of The Resistance. It's the same tyke of game as mafia, social deduction, but has some different mechanics.
The game is divided into two teams, the loyal resistance members and the hidden infiltrators. It takes place over five missions, where on each mission a certain number of players will be sent out to complete it. Resistance played will try to do their part, while any spy's will have the opportunity to either do their part, or purposefully mess up the mission. All it takes is one person failing to bring the whole mission down. The resistance wins when three mission are successful, the spy's win when three fail.
I probably did a terrible job explaining so it might be better to go watch a review of the board game here, it will explain all the rules.
Obviously it wouldn't have to be a permanent change, but it might be interesting for something different.
Leonard03: Just gonna throw this out there, I don't know what people would think of playing a similar, but slightly different game than mafia. Specifically I'm think of The Resistance. It's the same tyke of game as mafia, social deduction, but has some different mechanics.
The game is divided into two teams, the loyal resistance members and the hidden infiltrators. It takes place over five missions, where on each mission a certain number of players will be sent out to complete it. Resistance played will try to do their part, while any spy's will have the opportunity to either do their part, or purposefully mess up the mission. All it takes is one person failing to bring the whole mission down. The resistance wins when three mission are successful, the spy's win when three fail.
I probably did a terrible job explaining so it might be better to go watch a review of the board game here, it will explain all the rules.
Obviously it wouldn't have to be a permanent change, but it might be interesting for something different.
I've played that, and it is interesting. I figure you could sign up to host, and then run that when your turn comes up. Off the top of my head, I think it should translate okay to the forum, maybe with a little tweaking to account for the lag inherent from people in different parts of the world playing.
Leonard03: Just gonna throw this out there, I don't know what people would think of playing a similar, but slightly different game than mafia. Specifically I'm think of The Resistance. It's the same tyke of game as mafia, social deduction, but has some different mechanics.
Sounds interesting (I haven't watched the video, but I think I get the gist of the game from what you've said), as Bookwyrm suggests you should sign up for hosting and do it when it's your turn. I'd certainly play :)
Didn't watch the video till the end, but I did do a little search for online playing, and it seems to be popular on quite a few sites/ forums.

I'm a bit confused how the whole cards thing fits in/ works when played on a forum.

As others said, we could see how it goes, so you should host one!
Hm, I do have a setup I'd like to try, so do add me to the host list. Still have some flavor to settle, but I think I should be able to pull it off.
JMich: Hm, I do have a setup I'd like to try, so do add me to the host list.
Done.
JMich: Hm, I do have a setup I'd like to try, so do add me to the host list.
TheGOGfather: Done.
Me too! Then we can try some forum resistance.
Leonard03: ...........
The Resistance sounds cool. I think it could work with strong modding.

Players could be in the turn and all pass/fail information sent to mod via PM.

I would play, although I would clearly be town/resistance every time.
Leonard03: Me too! Then we can try some forum resistance.
I think you could perhaps try to run sign ups outside the hosting line as it is different kind of game and if it gets enough players you could run it concurrently with mafia game.

I will have to watch the video later as I don't understand what is the game about.
Is it regularly played as forum game or is it mostly RL?
Post edited August 31, 2015 by Vitek
Vitek: I think you could perhaps try to run sign ups outside the hosting line as it is different kind of game and if it gets enough players you could run it concurrently with mafia game.

[...]
Since it'll be the very first game, it'd be better to not run it concurrently with a regular mafia game, as it might divide interest/ participation. JMO

Vitek: [...]

From a quick search I run when Leonard03 first mentioned it:

AoPS - The Resistance

AoPS - The Resistance: Game Archives

BoardGameGeek - Play By Forum
Post edited August 31, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
Leonard03: Me too! Then we can try some forum resistance.
Vitek: I think you could perhaps try to run sign ups outside the hosting line as it is different kind of game and if it gets enough players you could run it concurrently with mafia game.

I will have to watch the video later as I don't understand what is the game about.
I was thinking along the same lines as HSL that it wouldn't be as good to run it concurrently as most players would probably be the same and its already a lot to play one game. I'll post more thoughst later but I'm trying to stop a virus loose on my computer right now. Don't lynch me for lurking! :D
Leonard03: I'll post more thoughst later but I'm trying to stop a virus loose on my computer right now. Don't lynch me for lurking! :D
Psst, guys. You should totally lynch him for lurking.
@Leonard - I've played The Resistance before, so when you're ready to host, I'd be glad to help with setup and balance.