It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hunter65536: [...] Now we're down to the smileys, it means that it was a pressure vote not a vote because I'm convinced that Leonard is scum. I do have my doubts about Leonard07.
Actually, I noticed, and mentioned it, because you did the same thing when you voted me Yesterday, and I took that as a joke-vote. Was that one also a pressure vote?

agentcarr16: I'm requesting replacement guys. Sorry, girls.

I'm afraid that school combined with the rest of my life isn't leaving me enough time to properly contribute here. And my inattention isn't fair to all of you guys.

So I've messaged yogsloth to ask for replacement. I'll stick around until he finds someone.

[...]
Just admit it already, you're quitting because you’re devastate that I don't like you. ;-P

Leonard03: That would explain why I thought I had said something about it. As for my reason I noted at the very end of post 133 (yes it was a weak reason). I'm not sure why I didn't reply to you.

[...]
That question about flubbucket's participation was supposed to click as your reason for voting him later on?!
I'd say it doesn't even qualify as "weak", yet it was enough for you to stay on him until the very last moment when you switched to drealmer7, and hammered him, only to prevent a No-Lynch - or so you say.

yogsloth: Sorry everyone, I've been sick most of the day. Let me get plugged in and figure stuff out.
Hope you're not sick and tired of us ladies. ;-)
Get well soon!
The group continued their discussions in the boardroom. It was surprisingly genteel, given the additional corpse and various scenes of chaos they had all had to deal with. Accusations of penis ownership were rampant, but other than that, they still worked at an alarmingly slow pace.

Suddenly, Dr. Wissenschaftler stood up. “I haff decided, zis is not the place for me. I vill be taking my leave immediately.”

Dean Sloth glared at her. “I don’t think so, you sit your butt right back down until we get this solved. What will I do for your specialty if you’re gone?”

“I haff arraigned for my colleague from ze fatherland, to take my place. She vill be here any moment.”

Surely enough, a moment later, a woman nobody had ever seen before climbed in through the boardroom window.

“Hello zere. I haff come to assist mein colleague Dr. Wissenschaftler,” said the woman. “I am Dr. Affe Kurzblau, and I vill be happy to be a professor at zis fine university.” She strode across the room and shook hands with agentcarr16, who promptly exploded in a flash of lightning and confetti.

“Vell, zat vas unexpected,” laughed bler144. She looked around at the rest of the faculty. “Hmmmm. Vhy is everybody so looking with ze upset?”

“Aren’t we two stories up?” somebody whispered.

agentcarr16 has been replaced by bler144

Yes, I gave him a name up front.

_____

You have a deadline.

Deadline will be approximately 9 PM PST (GMT-8) on Thursday March10.
HypersomniacLive: Actually, I noticed, and mentioned it, because you did the same thing when you voted me Yesterday, and I took that as a joke-vote. Was that one also a pressure vote?
Different context, same smiley. That was a joke-vote.
flubbucket: trentonlf's pressure vote isn't outrageous. However I was curious when Day One had him discussing flavor from his role PM and justifying it since it's only flavor. Not wholeheartedly scummy but it was curious to me.
It's the same thing I've said the last few games, I don't mind someone discussing flavor as long as they don't try to discuss role or PM information that could break the game. Post 219 from last game. I will always be against discussing personal PM info, but flavor adds enjoyment to the game and the enjoyment is the reason I play so I am not against discussing flavor.

agentcarr16: I'm requesting replacement guys. Sorry, girls.

I'm afraid that school combined with the rest of my life isn't leaving me enough time to properly contribute here. And my inattention isn't fair to all of you guys.

So I've messaged yogsloth to ask for replacement. I'll stick around until he finds someone.

@Hunter - People aren't jumping on me because my mistake wasn't a Freudian slip...
I'm sorry life is hectic for you right now, I hope you are able to get things back to a normal pace soon. Don't let life drag you down!

HypersomniacLive: Well, in case it's not Krypsyn's blood, the injured person may be reluctant to come forward, as doing so may make them (again?) a target for N2.

It’s the mention of no serious injuries found on anyone, combined with the large splatters of blood that got me wondering. And since I've not been in a yogsloth game before, I thought I'd ask those that have been to share from their experience. Too bad we don't seem to have the means to run tests to confirm whose blood it is.-:-)
If someone was injured then whoever attacked them would know who they were so them coming forward or not should have no bearing on whether they were targeted on N2 or not, but I can see someone not saying anything if there's nothing that really helps us or might just cause confusion.
yogsloth: “Aren’t we two stories up?” somebody whispered.
_____
You have a deadline.

Deadline will be approximately 9 PM PST (GMT-8) on Thursday March10.
1. Lol - I believe I've gotten the joke, though I had the advantage of looking up what my name meant 20 min ago.
2. So not surprised.

Guten Tag, frauleins. I don't speak German, and my RP is half-ass. Okay, had been following, but not particularly in depth until the past 30 minutes. Couple observations:

1) As the new person, my risk of dying tonight is likely somewhat elevated, so I have the challenge/joy of figuring out how (or even whether) to deter that. WIFOM that. But I might as well be a smiling flower and gather some rosebuds while I may.

2) Drealmer certainly invited his own end, and I don't think it's beyond the pale that scum may have done very little to move it along. Krypsyn took the very comfortable #5 seat (not #3-4, nor the hammer) as non-town, pretty much right where you might expect. But scum may well have been content to mostly watch, particularly if one assumes Flub is also town. Town knowing flub's alignment would be incredibly useful for wagon analysis, and at least at this point, I'd suspect this is arguably the single most useful data point out there.

3) Looked back at yogs' last game because I was curious about something about Trent. But the thing I was looking for wasn't there - if anything I found the opposite. Which somewhat takes me back to theory #2 above. Though interestingly, in that game Trent proclaimed "TOWANDA!". While we already know the names are largely jokes, I'm curious if yogs added that extra layer on purpose. Not relevant to gameplay, however.

4) Looking at all the post-Krypsyn chatter about more men in disguise, it has occurred to me that it would be particularly humorous if Cristi were in that camp (woman playing a man playing a woman, much as Krypsyn was a man playing a man playing a woman) However, I tend to think this line of pursuit, and any query thus about whether Hunter "slipped" is fruitless unless yogs is playing a bit of a mindfuck with the flavor. Which I think unlikely given the SK in the mix providing an actual tactical challenge.

5) On the design question, taking off from flub's notes above. N=13, 1 SK in the mix. Balance-wise, that either means 2 scum , or 3 scum. The latter would likely require some offset with town having a slightly >average number of power roles to bring it back to balance. I tend to favor the latter theory. No data at the moment suggests an even more exotic setup is likely.

6) We're likely to see short deadlines all the way out from here given yogs IRL timeline. That suggests a few potential strategic responses, but I'll hold on that.

7) Town might actually be in pretty good shape right now, other than the short timelines. Only down one vanilla, and almost certainly with some power out there, in a game that was likely balanced for more than one kill per night on average, even if we don't know precisely why there was only one kill N1.

8) If dedo is not town, he has giant brass balls to go with his, um, club.

Admittedly, most of that is just setup / first foray. I didn't get to have an RVS, so hey. Have a few questions in mind for specific players, but that can wait for tomorrow. I do have my annual budget meeting in the morning but I'll likely be more active as Tuesday moves along.
Idle hands and such. Rough vote count looks to me like:

Mme Bucket (1) - dess
Leonard who says he can't figure out where "Leandra" comes from because it's such a huge mystery (2) - trent, hunter
Hunter Du Seize (2) Lift, flub

Interestingly, I had all three of those as slightly scummy from a casual outside view. But a closer re-read actual entering the game, plus some actual PM information, quite changes things. I don't favor any of these three, at least for D2.

Before I actually clarify my own inclinations on direction (though my RVS vote would've been CSP for pushing cricket over hockey), I'm curious if HSL would be so kind as to share his read on Cristi.
HypersomniacLive: And a question to all – if the blood in the foyer is not Krypsyn’s, do you think that the flavour about it is to let us know that there was an attempt on someone’s life but they survived, or that it's there just to keep us guessing, and talking about it?
I’m leaning slightly more towards the blood being from someone who survived an attack. The blood appears to be limited to the foyer. The source of the blood was likely stopped before leaving the room.

@agent – best wishes with school and the rest

bler144: 4) Looking at all the post-Krypsyn chatter about more men in disguise, it has occurred to me that it would be particularly humorous if Cristi were in that camp (woman playing a man playing a woman, much as Krypsyn was a man playing a man playing a woman) However, I tend to think this line of pursuit, and any query thus about whether Hunter "slipped" is fruitless unless yogs is playing a bit of a mindfuck with the flavor. Which I think unlikely given the SK in the mix providing an actual tactical challenge.
Knowing the general setup in the sign-up thread, I was tempted to ask yogs to make me a guy so we would all have a role-reversal.

@blerr – I hope you have a stronger constitution than dear Zahlenia. Between Saith and Zahlenia the smell in here is a bit acrid. And I won't ask how you got in the window...
cristigale: @blerr – I hope you have a stronger constitution than dear Zahlenia. Between Saith and Zahlenia the smell in here is a bit acrid. And I won't ask how you got in the window...
Elementary, my dear Zephyr. Affe is the clue. Or μαϊμού, as JMich might prefer.
cristigale: @blerr – I hope you have a stronger constitution than dear Zahlenia. Between Saith and Zahlenia the smell in here is a bit acrid. And I won't ask how you got in the window...
bler144: Elementary, my dear Zephyr. Affe is the clue. Or μαϊμού, as JMich might prefer.
Did a quick search, that is simply too cute
After a rushed first day, I revisited a couple of players:

Lift was quite the first day. This was not unexpected after the last two games. On the revisit, he seemed almost too quite. Early in the day he placed what appeared to be an RVS vote on flubb (for being the first in the room with the dead body). He left his vote there the rest of the day with no additional explanation as flubb’s wagon started to grow. Was he just being cautious or too cautious? With not much to go on yesterday, it’s hard to be overly suspicious of this. He seemed a bit more like himself today when he voted for Hunter. I don’t think Hunter’s anime reference was a slip. @Lift - was your vote on flubb ever serious? In not, why did you leave it there?

CSPVG has a limited number of posts. However, a couple of those posts included a decent amount of observations and questions. They are mostly directed at drealmer and to a lesser extent dessimu. I find it hard to read CSPVG but see nothing out of the ordinary so far. It would be good to hear more from him.

Dessimu: Who would be so intimidated by mere Krypsyn's presence to spend a night kill on him? Either a person who was voted by Krypsyn at some point (that would be Leonard), or someone, who has past experience with him (that would be flubbucket (my personal experience, game #35)). This is a big hunch for me of why should I vote flubbucket.
Emphasis added

This bothers me. Not because Dessimu associates flubbucket with krypsyn, but because flubbucket is the ONLY person who is mentioned as having past experience with Krypsyn. At least a handful or more of us could fit this description. This feels like an intentional focus on flubb to build a case against him. @Dessimu, why did you mention only flubb?

Dessimu was fairly adamant about drealmer’s innocence. This seems town, at least on the surface. Scum could also present the same argument, knowing that drealmer was not one of them.
EBWOP…The first sentence about Lift should read…Lift was quiet the first day. And again two sentences later. At least I'm consistent in the misspelling. :-)
cristigale: @Dessimu, why did you mention only flubb?
This game is my third forum Mafia game. In first one (#35), I was mafia together with flubbucket and Bookwyrm. We decided to kill Krypsyn mainly just because he is too much of a wild card, hard to read, could have a role and hide it well and is observant as hell. We spent two nights killing him!

In game #36 only Lifthrasil was a bad guy. Everyone else - town.

So now I am drawing my opinion basically from that first game I participated in. And I only know how mafia-flub might act. I especially remember the last Day in game #35, when someone said that flubbucket is suddenly too engaged in scum hunting, so he must be scum. And now flubbucket is engaged in scum hunting a lot! Which is unlike the town-flub I would expect.

This is by no means a solid reason for voting flub, but as I am having a hard time in reading others, I feel comfortable for now.
HypersomniacLive: ............<snip>.............
I don't follow - if you think that the SK didn't have an odd/even night restriction, and that you expected two kills for N1 (that of the Mafia, and that of the SK), how can the person that survived not be the SK's target?

Hunter65536's anime reference certainly feels to have more weight Today, but what do you think of the fact that he put a "sticking out tongue" smiley next to his vote?
My point was how credible it is to have had two NKs on Night One. ...and also to postulate on the whole game setup.

Odd even would suppose we have another SK. But the most likely is scum killed Krypsyn and someone saved the other. Given what clues we have my guess is the blood is from Krypsyn's intended target.

Regarding tongues, it isn't enough for me to indict someone since it's most likely intended in fun. However if a player should use it later to exonerate themselves...... -_-

yogsloth: ...........<circumcise>...............
lulz!

So long agentcarr16...be cool stay in school.

Welcome bler144...don't be scum.
bler144: Interestingly, I had all three of those as slightly scummy from a casual outside view. But a closer re-read actual entering the game, plus some actual PM information, quite changes things. I don't favor any of these three, at least for D2.
Welcome to the game! Please don't start talking PM information unless you have some information as to what happened last night. Who do you suspect and why?
Notes.

#248 - Hyper - No, but I did fail my driver's license test for the second time (smart, me) and had to stand in the sun for forty-five minutes.

Also, I did add that perhaps it was the result of a possible doctor saving someone. Honestly, yesterday I thought that there wouldn't be any flavour reason for why a doctor saving someone would mean that there would be blood left in the foyer. This is why I didn't really explore the idea. Now, in a less tired state, I acknowledge that this is an idiotic line of thinking.

#255 - Hyper - I did say that the former possibility was more likely than the latter possibility.

Also (again), it is likely that the blood belongs to someone other than Krypsyn. I think that it's likely that we had an attempted kill on someone, and that it's not just flavour. However, I don't know if talking about it is for best at this moment in time. A doctor/protective role/ etc. may slip up and reveal themselves, or something like that. So, unless someone wants to come out and put all their cards on the table, I don't know how helpful this sort of speculation will be.

#256 - Lifth - I agree with the first part of your message (for the most part), but I think that you're really reaching with the second bit.

Besides that, is it just me or does trent seem a little bit off to anyone else? He seems slightly more aggressive than what I think a usual Town-trent is (perhaps I'm just imaging this aggressiveness).

#260 - trent - I feel like trentonlf would usually respond differently to a situation like this. By which I mean that I think that he;d be more reticent about sharing night information, or at least give a better justification than he did for giving away quite so much information.

#262 - flub - Again, I don't think that Hunter's post was anything other than a joke. I was, however, horribly wrong about drealmer, so perhaps I'm way off here, too.

---

My puzzle behind my name is super weird, but I think that I've figured it out.

If you stand before a mirror (preferably full length) in a darkened room and light a red candle before it and then say, "Danr Ettolrahc" (Charlotte Rand backwards) three times, the world shall shudder and for a time grow so dark that you feel as if you have been struck blind. In time, however, you shall feel a kind of peace wash over you, and before you shall stand a kindly old man dressed all in blue. It may take you a moment to apprehend, but he's an usher. He'll say, "Madam, we're waiting for you." before gently taking your hand and guiding you through large doors and down the aisle of an empty movie theatre. When you reach the center row, he'll stop and say, "Your seat, my dear." and, before you know it, you'll be off, knowing that seat fourteen is your seat. Upon seats thirteen and fifteen sit your favourite cinema treats, to your one side a large, buttery popcorn and on your other a lime Slush Puppie. You're reminded of Saturday jaunts with your parents. Sitting there in expectant awe, waiting for the lights to dim, and then you remember that the cinema's owners left a long time ago, left for Perth, and that this is now supposed to be the new wing of a hospital. Suddenly, you're hit by a pang of sadness. You used to attend school with the boy whose family owned this place. He was always just a little too wealthy to ever be your friend, but you miss him sometimes. There's no going back to his house and the smell of grass on the rugby field and your weird tenth birthday at McDonald's. They aren't waiting for the cinema to fill up. The lights are going down. The curtains are drawing open. You watch the ads, bored, not wanting to be told that smoking is bad or that DVD piracy is a real crime, and now you're wondering what in the world you're actually going to watch. Should you leave? Somehow, that doesn't seem right, or even possible. You wait. You don't have to wait long. The film on tonight is Crispin Glover's directorial debut 'What Is It?" You scream. There's no end to the sadness now.