It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bler144:
aRealCyborg:
babark:
MaxFulvus:
Great. Welcome aboard both of you. We almost have a full 6 man party, only missing the response from Thulgrun the Warrior.

We should probably start deciding about our strategy. I propose we simply focus on the main South Tunnel while others lose their time with the chests. The middle grate makes me feel uneasy and I want to set out quickly to be at least some distance away from it when the fools fiddling around with the chests inadvertently spring some trap and release whatever insectoid horrors lurk down there.

So far, we have a Ranger, Battlemage, Cleric, Thief and a Warrior (Dwarves) and a Paladin (Human). We should decide if we want to look for anyone else or start our journey.
Post edited September 23, 2019 by idbeholdME
Aramandur: I won't allow you to venture into unknown, northern tunnel without a protection from the Order. You have my sword.

- Danric the Exiled
Hooyaah: Your protection is appreciated and we will work together to survive this labyrinth, good sir Danric. Who others among you wish to join us?

- Stephareth, Human Necromancer
Since you all seem useless monkeys, Vanathradil, the Elf Mage, will do you the honor to join you and save you from your incompetence. I...I am just afraid of spiders, so don't leave me alone with a spider ok? I can go in the front or back row whatever you prefer, maybe we can put an extra strong monkey...errrr person in the back row to protect us from possible attacks from the rear?
Nadruk:
Catac1ysm:
Post edited September 23, 2019 by greeklover
Trid: Also - Gold, any suggestion with way we should go?
Gold (Goblin Ranger) thinks maybe we should go to one of these smaller tunner. But I'm also undecided which one to go. Which do you think we should choose?
Hooyaah: Your protection is appreciated and we will work together to survive this labyrinth, good sir Danric. Who others among you wish to join us?

- Stephareth, Human Necromancer
greeklover: Since you all seem useless monkeys, Vanathradil, the Elf Mage, will do you the honor to join you and save you from your incompetence. I...I am just afraid of spiders, so don't leave me alone with a spider ok? I can go in the front or back row whatever you prefer, maybe we can put an extra strong monkey...errrr person in the back row to protect us from possible attacks from the rear?
Nadruk:
greeklover:
What I propose is me (Aleric) and Catacl1ysm in the front, Stephareth, Vanathradil and Danric in the back. Maybe OldNick will join us later on and stay in the middle. I'd prefer to have a thief in the party even if he is a drow.

Aleric, dwarf cleric.
Post edited September 23, 2019 by Nadruk
Doc0075: The smaller tunnels are two people across.
Aramandur: Could you please verify if I get that right? This is a hypothetical formation of our party.
That could be a good formation. You will make a great general if we escape this dungeon. Now you all stay out of the way when I throw Fireballs and everythng will be fine:D
greeklover: Since you all seem useless monkeys, Vanathradil, the Elf Mage, will do you the honor to join you and save you from your incompetence. I...I am just afraid of spiders, so don't leave me alone with a spider ok? I can go in the front or back row whatever you prefer, maybe we can put an extra strong monkey...errrr person in the back row to protect us from possible attacks from the rear?
Nadruk: What I propose is me (Aleric) and Catacl1sm in the front, Stephareth, Vanathradil and Danric in the back. Maybe OldNick will join us later on and stay in the middle. I'd prefer to have a thief in the party even if he is a drow.

Aleric, dwarf cleric.
Danric's suggestion a few pages back seemed nice maybe we wait a bit to see how many more will join us?

And who is going down the side northern tunnel that fits 2 people per row? We may meet them later.
Post edited September 23, 2019 by greeklover
ZyloxDragon: "Hmmphh." Roy steps into the western tunnel with whoever is in there (as that's where he's closest to). He says to whoever is in the tunnel with him, "Need to slow them down, maybe some stuck food will keep them busy as we go our way". I give Siegfried a grin, and cast web in the center of the room.
Ereanar the Elven Paladin calls out to Roy as I see him casting a spell, "Wait, fellow adventurer! Don't cast the spell yet while still so many of us linger within these chambers, or seek to open the chests. You'll just trap us inside or make it harder to escape while the appreacohing creatures draw nearer! Perhaps you can cast it only on the grate, or the entrance to the West tunnel?"

I take a look around and if Roy still keeps casting the spell, I quickly move to inspect the walls near the entrance to the Southern tunnels and the ceiling of the South main tunnel, hoping to avoid becoming caught in the web and looking if there are some hidden doors or blocks that might fall down and block the way when the chains are being pulled - if those chains can be pulled at all. And whether there's anthing else of interest to see, markings and so on.
And if the turn still allows it, and I don't see anything that could block the way (eg. a collapsible celiing in the South tunnel), I then move to pull the last unmanned chain (If I counted right, 3 are being pulled), if the web is not so big or I can hack my way through it to the last chain. Otherwise I move inside the main South tunnel
If Roy doesn't cast it, I stll do the search and then move towards the foruth chain if I don't find anything, if I do and it seems like there's some kind of a closing mechanicsm, I join the party in the South tunnel. (the main one).

A) If Roy casts the web, I move to avoid it - I'm not sure if I can still remain within the chamber or I have go inside the South tunnel to avoid becoming trapped in it. If I have to go inside the tunnel I do so, I draw my sword and shield and start examining the surroundings, if I don't have to, I do it from inside of the circular chamber, but still close enough to the entrance for the tunnel to quickly dash in should it start closing.

B) If Roy doesn't cast the web after all, I do the inspection, if I don't find anything, I go and pull the fourth chain if it can be pulled with my s. If it can't be pulled, I ready my sword and shield and move halfway between the column and the entrance to the South tunnel, ready in case hornets or anything springs from the chest, to aid the other adventurers.
bler144:
aRealCyborg:
babark:
idbeholdME:
Maybe it's not safe to expose our equipment to the crowd. Who knows if there is not some spies among those adventurers, working for the Dungeon Master ? We should talk about it on chat. Also, what about our formation ? I can go ahead but I might need some protection...
Post edited September 23, 2019 by MaxFulvus
Hail everyone!

I'm an Elven Paladin.
RedFireGaming: I guess pulling the chain didn't do anything. Anyone need a druid with resurrect and cure poison?

Roark, Elven Druid
Great idea! That was my first thought as well when I read about those chains and I was planning on pulling the fourth chain so we see what do they all do. However since Roy is casting a web towards the middle of the chamber, I'll move to the side so I'm not caught in it and can potentially come back and help you get out of it, if you all get trapped in it. If I can then move back to you, I'll help you pull all the chains at the same time if we get the chance and I don't find any traps near the South entrance!
greeklover: Danric's suggestion a few pages back seemed nice maybe we wait a bit to see how many more will join us?

And who is going down the side northern tunnel that fits 2 people per row? We may meet them later.
I guess we all have to bite the bulle... ekhm an arrow and let Danric be the leader in North Tunnels. He could set up our formation tommorrow at the end of the turn. I wrote to him in chat.

Aleric, dwarf cleric.
Post edited September 23, 2019 by Nadruk
gogtrial34987:
I see the Dwarf Brigand Ogrialt with others entering the smaller south tunnel, and call out to him, "Fare safely, perhaps we'll meet eventually, as I'll be most likely heading down the main South tunnel. If we ever meet up again, I'll be happy to join forces with you."

jonridan:
"Hail friend! I'll be happy to join you. There seems to be a mostly dwarven party already heading inside, I'll first finish checking out the chains though and then venture inside, unless I have to dash in due to the web spell being cast by Roy."
idbeholdME:
MaxFulvus: Maybe it's not safe to expose our equipment to the crowd. Who knows if there is not some spies among those adventurers, working for the Dungeon Master ? We should talk about it on chat. Also, what about our formation ? I can go ahead but I might need some protection...
Are you going into the main South tunnel? Or was it the smaller one? (I don't think it's that kind of a game btw, no need to be afraid of spies, rather other only potentially - other players).

Just checking. By the way, since there are around 20 people at each tunnel, there will be more people in the tunnel with you, so consider teaming up with more people if you wish - the 6 people is how they fit inside the tunnel, there's no need to limit parties to six. An ideally we should have some space left to manouever, in case the walls start closing in and so on. Right no you're not the only ones entering the main (or side) tunnel, so it'll be more crowded.

Right now I'm focused on exploring the circular chamber, however I'm open to cooperating when I'm inside the south tunnel (I have two scenarios of what I'll do, depending on how the web spell turns out).
Trid: Also - Gold, any suggestion with way we should go?
PMPMGamer: Gold (Goblin Ranger) thinks maybe we should go to one of these smaller tunner. But I'm also undecided which one to go. Which do you think we should choose?
(Tridris - Drow (f), Necromancer)
We could do this, but we also could stick behind some other group, they can provide useful as meatshield for traps.
idbeholdME:
MaxFulvus: Maybe it's not safe to expose our equipment to the crowd. Who knows if there is not some spies among those adventurers, working for the Dungeon Master ? We should talk about it on chat. Also, what about our formation ? I can go ahead but I might need some protection...
A good suggestion, hopefully nobody heard it.

As for formation, if Thulgrun joins, then I had something like this in mind:

You, him and the Paladin at the front to protect you while you check for traps.
Me and the Cleric in the middle.
And Ranger in the back?

|Warrior|Thief| Paladin
|Battlemage|Cleric
|Ranger

Sort of a "reverse wedge" formation?
idbeholdME: ...
Sure. You have my warhammer.
But, please, let's go into the tunnel before it'll be too late. I have a feeling that my weapon will be useless against what is coming here.
idbeholdME: ...
ciemnogrodzianin: Sure. You have my warhammer.
But, please, let's go into the tunnel before it'll be too late. I have a feeling that my weapon will be useless against what is coming here.
Ahh, sorry. Didn't hear you over all the commotion. Welcome aboard (missed your previous post :P).

We should decide if we want to recruit anyone else, or set out as a party of 6.
Post edited September 23, 2019 by idbeholdME