It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

aRealCyborg: snip
bler144: Your skills could be of great value, oh dwarf paladin of indeterminate gender with the mighty beard.

Your proposition is acceptable to me.
K thx we shall work as a nice team

(I am a ranger for got to put that in my request)
Kyp, Dwarf Ranger
Also has a fair beard indeed
Post edited September 22, 2019 by aRealCyborg
I slowly open my eyes. The spirits were hard last night. There's a ruckus around me, and quickly check to see if my possessions are still with me. Great. Leather armor is on, fitting like a glove. This little elven thief is ready to play.

"Hi, everyone! This is Aslain Melemir... Ah yeah... Did anyone stop to think that maybe we can delay whatever is coming from the grate with some fire spells or torches by creating a barrier? No? Just me? Ok..."

I take some torches from the tunnels and throw them at the grate, realizing late that there's no way the torches can create a firewall. I keep one of the torches with me and approach the southern tunnel to listen.
Post edited September 22, 2019 by jonridan
Doc0075: 2 across in the smaller tunnel, 6 across in the larger. You can of course have more behind the front people.
BenKii: Very well. I will confer with my compatriots.
Og'rialt wants to go down the smaller tunnel. I think we should stay the course down the west tunnel. What say you all?
Going back now would be a mistake.
Something evil is getting out of that grate, we must stay away from it.
Also, we don't know what other groups are in the tunnels now, we would risk being trapped by those orcs and drows.
Post edited September 22, 2019 by phaolo
aRealCyborg: K thx we shall work as a nice team

Kyp, Dwarf Ranger
Well, our resident Paladin seems all for it so welcome aboard.

Also, I assume you have a ranged weapon?
Well, since I'm at the start of the western tunnel – and I find the cacophony of voices quite soothing – I focus my attention on quietly searching the entrance for signs of what might lie ahead.

Shins A'Hoy, Halfling Thief
Post edited September 22, 2019 by Lemon_Curry
aRealCyborg: K thx we shall work as a nice team

Kyp, Dwarf Ranger
idbeholdME: Well, our resident Paladin seems all for it so welcome aboard.

Also, I assume you have a ranged weapon?
I have a 1 handed brod sword and a medium size recurve bow
BenKii: Still care to join?
"I wish you best of luck if you insist on the western tunnel, but no, my dwarven instincts prefer the smaller tunnel"

Lone_Scout: Turns to Og'rialt: "I like your suggestion, and this party here is already well armed. I'll join you if you want." "Otherwise, I'll head to the western tunnel"
"Be welcome with me. If these fellow lost souls prefer to head west, the choice if you can join them is theirs."

Sulibor: Dunward Human Mage says:
Do you need a human mage in your part, as I do not know your race and class?
"Be welcome." I'm a dwarven Brigand (*points to title underneath his username*)

I head into the smaller south tunnel, and wait just inside to see who else will join me. I suggest that the more martial classes, and anyone good at detecting traps, takes point, with the rest of the party spaced out behind them with enough room to maneuver. At the same time, I begin setting a fire trap just inside the entrance of this tunnel to discourage pursuit. I point out the trigger mechanism to all friendly souls who'll join, so that they might avoid it.
Post edited September 22, 2019 by gogtrial34987
I guess pulling the chain didn't do anything. Anyone need a druid with resurrect and cure poison?

Roark, Elven Druid
Post edited September 22, 2019 by RedFireGaming
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Ioanna - Elf Paladin
Hooyaah: Stefareth - Human Necromancer
aRealCyborg: Kyp - Dwarf Ranger
hummer010: Hummer - Elven Ranger
misteryo: Rizzleskiff - Drow Shaman
muddysneakers: Squee - Goblin Thief
v1989: Vertel - Human Thief
ww_gog: shamus - Drow Brigand
greeklover: Vanathradil - Elf Mage
Damon18: Damon - Dwarf Warrior
Melvinica: OldNick - Drow Thief
mintee: Cirocco - Halfling Ranger
Nadruk: Aleric - Dwarf Cleric
Korotan: Karanos - Half Orc Cleric
direspirefirewire: StrangerDanger - Elven Ranger
josh72718: Vanlaa - Human BattleMage
RickyAndersen: Aurelia - Elf Cleric
Fellow travellers! What do you think about planning our journey this way? We may get out alive if we stay together!

- Danric, Human Paladin
Attachments:
Post edited September 22, 2019 by Aramandur
direspirefirewire: I'm seriously lost. Is there a spreadsheet or document where we can post our actions given there are 5 rooms and 60 or so characters chatting in a single thread?
this. I had a feeling this would get confusing and hard to keep up with so many entries, though a wonderful idea. Im going to bow out now and follow as a spectator when I can. love this idea so much, cheers to the OP.
BenKii: Still care to join?
gogtrial34987: "I wish you best of luck if you insist on the western tunnel, but no, my dwarven instincts prefer the smaller tunnel"
Best of luck to you as well. Stay safe.

* I check my inventory and make sure everything is equipped. Long Sword, Shield, Amulet of Infravision, and Plate Armor all on. And I've got 2 health potions in case someone needs a little pick-me-up. I walk down the West tunnel with my party of 5. Maybe we'll find a 6th person to tag along later.*
RedFireGaming: I guess pulling the chain didn't do anything. Anyone need a druid with resurrect and cure poison?

Roark, Elven Druid
The consequences of your actions will become apparent in good time. I have to wait before acting on peoples movements/ actions until most have logged on and said what they want to do.

As I have to go to bed soon (work at 5 am) this will happen tomorrow afternoon.
gogtrial34987: It might be my dwarven sensibilities feeling at home in small tunnels, but personally I'd rather encounter small monsters living in small tunnels, rather than large monsters living in large tunnels! And if those clawed feet were to gain on us, I'd rather face them in an easily defensible tunnel, particularly if we might give them a few surprises before they reach us!"
paladin181: Perhaps we should investigate the chain on the column closest to us...?
BenKii: While we could do that, there are plenty of people already playing with those chains and I believe that those chains are somehow tied to the grate that house all those nasty sounding monsters. I personally believe we should get our 6th party member and head down the west tunnel before bad things start to happen. What does everyone else think?
I would also prefer to get away from there. We don't know what these chains are for. I suspect a trap/general negativ event too. But there will probably be traps in the tunnel too, at least at some point, if not right away.
We could use someone capable of checking for traps.

BenKii: ...
As for the smaller tunnel: If Drows happened to walk in the large tunnel beside us. Wouldn't that effect us negatively? We don't know how far these tunnels are apart. Other than that I wouldn't mind. It would give large attackers little room to maneuver. Humans and Elves are normal sized.

----------------------------
I look at the "new" Human Paladin, Roosevelt, knight champion defender of the chivalrous order of the Lion, he introduces himself. His shield looks sturdy and his weapon mean. Like me, he is suspicious of the smaller tunnels. But, unlike me, he eyes the chains hanging by the colums with interest, not unease. What use could they have in a place like this. Except to tempt you into conjuring your own death. And the sounds from the grate are getting ever louder. We should leave here. I look down the West Tunnel. It is only dimly and the brightness of this chamber makes it even harder to see what may lie ahead in it. If only I learned how to reveal traps, it probably has plenty. Just like the other tunnels. I look back to the metal grate and shudder, remembering the sound. I want out of here. But running headlessly isn't gonna help. I look at the Dwarf, Og'rialt. He might join us, if we take one of the smaller tunnels. I don't mind as long as we go.

Tanea, Halfling Shaman (female)
----------------------------------
Post edited September 28, 2019 by FlockeSchnee
mintee: this. I had a feeling this would get confusing and hard to keep up with so many entries, though a wonderful idea. Im going to bow out now and follow as a spectator when I can. love this idea so much, cheers to the OP.
I agree, it's all really confusing. :/

I guess it'll become much easier once the blood starts flowing...
gogtrial34987: "I wish you best of luck if you insist on the western tunnel, but no, my dwarven instincts prefer the smaller tunnel"
BenKii: Best of luck to you as well. Stay safe.

* I check my inventory and make sure everything is equipped. Long Sword, Shield, Amulet of Infravision, and Plate Armor all on. And I've got 2 health potions in case someone needs a little pick-me-up. I walk down the West tunnel with my party of 5. Maybe we'll find a 6th person to tag along later.*
I am somehow emotionally attached to the Western tunnel. Nobody else seems to be checking it... Somebody needs to make sure there is not a bigger menace coming from there, or that we're not missing an opportunity to escape.