It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Across the years, Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex series gathered a massive fanbase among the gamers worldwide. Today Dungeon Siege Collection, as well as Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director’s Cut and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided arrive on GOG.COM in all DRM-free glory.

Dungeon Siege Collection (-85%) includes three parts of the cult fantasy RPG series, along with the DLC titled Treasures of the Sun. The Dungeon Siege series was born in 2002 from the Gas Powered Games studio members' passion for the RPG genre. The title captivated gamers around the world with its rich fantasy world, beautiful 3D graphics, and mechanics that were easy to grasp even for the beginners in the RPG domain. It was only a matter of time when the sequel was released in 2005 with the expanded world and a more complex storyline.

Over the years, Dungeon Siege became a cult classic. This led to a movie adaptation of the game featuring Jason Statham and, finally, to the third part of the series. This time it was created by Obsidian Entertainment (veterans of Baldur’s Gate) and published by Square Enix. Released in 2011, Dungeon Siege III introduced gamers to an innovative combat system that made the gameplay even more dynamic and engaging.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (-85%) is also a good example of revamping a cult series. After Deus Ex (2000) and Deus Ex: Invisible War (2003) made a lot of fans thanks to the cyberpunk setting and RPG elements, the series went into a hiatus for nearly a decade.

Human Revolution lets us revisit the same dystopian universe of the future, albeit its story is set a few decades earlier. The world is divided between the supporters and opponents of human augmentations. The main protagonist, Adam Jensen, is a former SWAT member and the head of security at a tech company. He is being cast into the above-mentioned strife after suffering heavy wounds and being biotechnologically enhanced in order to save his life. During the game, the player can expand the main character’s augmentation further, making him even more lethal.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (-85%) further expanded on adventures of Adam Jensen, merging action elements with RPG decision making, that changed the face of the storyline. One of its highly praised elements was the so-called Breach - an alternative game mode set in the virtual world. On top of that Deus Ex series was even further expanded with the successful comics series.

Now you can revisit the fascinating universes of Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex once more, thanks to the Square Enix Publisher Sale on GOG.COM featuring deals up to 89% off until 4th May 2020, 1 PM UTC.
tfishell: Do you have the specific text that says their mission was to change the industry? Is it on a web archive somewhere?
Cavalary: Old interviews mostly. Didn't they keep saying that they want to prove that DRM and other common practices (including regional pricing...) are wrong?
Perhaps, though I thought it would have been on the website somewhere. I guess I'm able to just shrug it off as marketing/PR-speak, not some "great crusade", whereas - and I don't mean to be rude - you seem to really believe GOG could have changed the industry (I'm not saying that's wrong) and seem obsessed with going back to pre-2014 (which of course isn't going to happen at this point). I'd be interested to see you debate those who now benefit from regional pricing.
Post edited May 07, 2020 by tfishell
SmollestLight: The issue has been fixed for the Deux Ex: Mankind Divided DLC as well! You will now be able to play it without GALAXY.
Those of us using offline installers are still affiliated by this issue.
SmollestLight: The issue has been fixed for the Deux Ex: Mankind Divided DLC as well! You will now be able to play it without GALAXY.
McMicroDonalds: Those of us using offline installers are still affiliated by this issue.
Affected*

Put in a ticket and they get to it if theyre not at it already.
Loger13: Has anyone already checked the updated offline installers and can confirm that the consumables are included?

Warning about consumables from Steam:

Note: DLC includes some consumable items which will permanently disappear from your inventory once used (including ammo, darts, grenades, weapon parts, praxis packs and credits) and will not be available in subsequent play-throughs or other saved games.
Loger13: Because if so, shhhh.... then we actually got a better version than the Steam version, if you understand what I mean. :)
Just installed the game and picked normal mode moved the EE Tranq Rifle to the inventory and quit the game.
Started a new game on hard and could move another EE Tranq Rifle to my inventory.
Yes offline installer and the updated version with no galaxy on the system.
low rated
SarahGabriella: Galaxy is useful to have. I recommend getting it. You dont even have to start it to play games either, its just helpful to see updates right away.
Kyousuke.: Ah yes, the common "I use it because it makes my life easier, so everybody should use it as well" catchphrase.

If people want to use it I'm fine, as I'm fine with people not wanting it, get over it already because the majority of us is tired about hearing this thing everytime.

SarahGabriella: What Galaxy DLL? You dont need Galaxy to play your games...And they would have fixed it anyways without everyone making a peak first world problem kinda fuzz.
Kyousuke.: WRONG. Do you research first. GOG has rebuilt the offline installer of almost every game sold here, making it galaxy compatible; the issue though is that the galaxy api has caused many games to stopping working when you disable internet for them, or with older OSes incompatible with it. This also extended as far as breaking some game mechanics on some games too.

If you care to learn more about it:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_galaxydll_breaks_xpcompatibility_in_good_old_games/page1

The thread is long and many posts detail how worse it can get.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not antagonizing galaxy and I'm fine with whoever uses it, as those who don't (heck I use it as well since galaxy 1), but I don't condone acting casual about it, and most of all, I can't forgive spreading misinformation or minimizing the issues we have at hands, because the more times it happens, the more the "optional client" slogan loses its value altogether.

I kinda apologize for my rudeness, but I really can't stand it when people talk without looking first.
If theres an issue, they will get around to fixing it. Plain and simple.
McMicroDonalds: Those of us using offline installers are still affiliated by this issue.
I'm not seeing anyone else saying they're still affected, is there something wrong on your end?
tfishell: I'm not seeing anyone else saying they're still affected, is there something wrong on your end?
I installed the game using the offline installer. I've haven't gotten any noticed about it being updated. I'll redownload and try again.
tfishell: I'm not seeing anyone else saying they're still affected, is there something wrong on your end?
McMicroDonalds: I installed the game using the offline installer. I've haven't gotten any noticed about it being updated. I'll redownload and try again.
If you're not using Galaxy, of course there is no change until you download the new offline installers and re-install the game.
McMicroDonalds: I installed the game using the offline installer. I've haven't gotten any noticed about it being updated. I'll redownload and try again.
Randalator: If you're not using Galaxy, of course there is no change until you download the new offline installers and re-install the game.
Yes, all 44gb of it!
Randalator: If you're not using Galaxy, of course there is no change until you download the new offline installers and re-install the game.
Usually when the offline installers are updates there's a notice. There is no notice but I'll double check.
high rated
McMicroDonalds: Usually when the offline installers are updates there's a notice. There is no notice but I'll double check.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/has_gog_stopped_flagging_game_updates_with_the_blue_dot

The installers were updated yesterday.
Old: v1.19 (installer 37718)
New: v1.19 hotfix (installer 38078)
Post edited May 07, 2020 by Randalator
McMicroDonalds: Usually when the offline installers are updates there's a notice. There is no notice but I'll double check.
Randalator: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/has_gog_stopped_flagging_game_updates_with_the_blue_dot

I just tested them and I can confirm they are indeed fixed! DLC is now 100% DRM free. I must have missed the numbers. I downloaded the files just before they were updated lol.
Post edited May 07, 2020 by McMicroDonalds
low rated
Randalator: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/has_gog_stopped_flagging_game_updates_with_the_blue_dot

McMicroDonalds: I just tested them and I can confirm they are indeed fixed! DLC is bow 100% DRM free. I must have missed though numbers. I downloaded the files just before they were updated lol.
GOG is always DRM free...
high rated
Ruvika: Any chance to upload the hotfix separately? Internet runs like shit lately and download almost 40GB it's a too much for me for a hotfix, I already play the base game time ago, I just want to play the expansions, please help!
The Hotfix has been added as separate 4MB patch now.
high rated
McMicroDonalds: I just tested them and I can confirm they are indeed fixed! DLC is bow 100% DRM free. I must have missed though numbers. I downloaded the files just before they were updated lol.
SarahGabriella: GOG is always DRM free...
Did...did you not read the last twenty-something pages?