It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It only lets you make a single character. You need to pay money to restart with a new character.

No thanks. I'm sure there's a way you can jump thru hoops outside the game to get around it but, no thanks.
Post edited March 22, 2024 by EverNightX
EverNightX: It only lets you make a single character. You need to pay money to restart with a new character.

No thanks. I'm sure there's a way you can jump thru hoops outside the game to get around it but, no thanks.
Just to clarify a possible misinformation:

Apparently you do not have to pay to have a new character, but you can pay to buy an in game item known in the series already that allow you to change your character appearance. You still can get it in game for a small price, like in the original.

The problem here would be, it seems to me, that people that play only online arent being able delete their characters definitely because their characters are saved in Capcom servers. So in theory, you would be able to delete the save and play offline with a new save normally, I assume.

Still... the way Capcom is nowadays with this all online only dlc full denuvo "is a feature" mentality, I doubt nothing.
Post edited March 22, 2024 by .Keys
.Keys: The problem here would be, it seems to me, that people that play only online arent being able delete their characters definitely because their characters are saved in Capcom servers.
If you need a workaround to create a new character on a $70 RPG, that's the problem.
The very idea that a game released in 2024 only supports 1 charter is ridiculous.
.Keys: The problem here would be, it seems to me, that people that play only online arent being able delete their characters definitely because their characters are saved in Capcom servers.
EverNightX: If you need a workaround to create a new character on a $70 RPG, that's the problem.
The very idea that a game released in 2024 only supports 1 charter is ridiculous.
Agreed.

Granted, DD:DA did also support one character per slot/playthrough too - so this ain't a method they changed here for on DD2.

Not sure, but how many character slots are there in DD2? 1 slot? 3? 5? Something else?

Regardless, not having even say like say 5-20 slots for each Character is silly; especially in what's likely a 20-40 + hour RPG here. I don't trust big games like this - never know what's broken w/ animations, having bugs, quest-breaking stuff, etc that can cause the player to not advance. I don't wanna restart b/c I got only one slot b/c say some quest broke - especially if its a main quest - and I can't go forth in the main story b/c of an issue of a bug or something on their end.
Post edited March 22, 2024 by MysterD
MysterD: Not sure, but how many character slots are there in DD2? 1 slot? 3? 5? Something else?
Like the first game, Dragon's Dogma 2 only has a single save slot. There are not multiple slots.

So not only do you get just 1 character. You can only have 1 save for that 1 character.
So it's like iron man mode all the time. I guess you can argue it's a game design decision, but it does not appeal to me.
I say no thanks.
MysterD: Not sure, but how many character slots are there in DD2? 1 slot? 3? 5? Something else?
EverNightX: Like the first game, Dragon's Dogma 2 only has a single save slot. There are not multiple slots.

So not only do you get just 1 character. You can only have 1 save for that 1 character.
So it's like iron man mode all the time. I guess you can argue it's a game design decision, but it does not appeal to me.
I say no thanks.
At least w/ DD:DA on PC (especially on GOG) - you can just periodically use say GameSaveManager and back up your game-save, just in case saves or stuff might break & you need to go backwards.

Was there ever a PC mod to allow for multiple slots for DD:DA, more or less?
It is a shame it has the technical diffilutlies that it has right now, becuase it from a game design point of view do many things right and do it really well. It is an open world game that gives full freedom the player, it is really old school in quest design and have no hand-holding leaving it completely up to the player how to do the quests, the monster battles are great, the world is very well designed and it is a living breathing world, the world itself is dynamic and reactive to the player actions - there is really no fail state you just have to live with the consequnces of your actions, the pawn system is better than in the first game (and they dont talk as much), and so on. Ig they manage to get the technical issues sorted out, this is potentially a really good and open action RPG unlike any other. It just needs to be made playable first.
amok: Ig they manage to get the technical issues sorted out, this is potentially a really good and open action RPG unlike any other. It just needs to be made playable first.
So basically it's an inferior Elden Ring.
The anime was nice, tried the first game but, it seems i'm not capcom material. Still a shame to see yet another title go down in flames.

You are almost inclined as a lawgiver to have new players take a mandatory course before purchasing a new triple A title.
There is often such a large gap between expectancy and reality
Post edited March 22, 2024 by Zimerius
EverNightX: Like the first game, Dragon's Dogma 2 only has a single save slot. There are not multiple slots.

I say no thanks.
MysterD: At least w/ DD:DA on PC (especially on GOG) - you can just periodically use say GameSaveManager and back up your game-save, just in case saves or stuff might break & you need to go backwards.

Actually, yes:
https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/40

But this is simply because DDDA save system is really easy to manage 'file system wise'.

Personally I like the 1 character per save design choice though. To each their own. :)

amok: It is a shame it has the technical difficulties that it has right now, because it from a game design point of view do many things right and do it really well. It is an open world game that gives full freedom the player, it is really old school in quest design and have no hand-holding leaving it completely up to the player how to do the quests, the monster battles are great, the world is very well designed and it is a living breathing world, the world itself is dynamic and reactive to the player actions - there is really no fail state you just have to live with the consequences of your actions, the pawn system is better than in the first game (and they don't talk as much), and so on. Ig they manage to get the technical issues sorted out, this is potentially a really good and open action RPG unlike any other. It just needs to be made playable first.
Yeah... Its sad indeed. Lets hope Capcom understands that this is not a random release, but its one of their biggest releases to date (simply because of how much people asked them for this) and they do not abandon the game in its current state fixing only the performance issues.

If they focus on other issues people addressed, this can become a well beloved, albeit 'nichy', game, just like the first one.

I'm quite certain about one thing though:

They've DLCs planned for this game, and if it doesn't sell well, this will end up being incomplete just like the first game if they end up deciding to not release it.

"How can you be so sure about DLCs planned for this game?"

The answer is simple and is based on Dragons Dogma lore.
First game DLC, Bitterblack Isle, is one of the most beloved DLCs to date in Capcom history and they cannot release Dragons Dogma 2 without any Bitterblack Isle reference or in-world gameplay-like mechanic.
Same way they cannot not create a system/story element like the Everfall (therefore, randomization / random dungeons crawling), because its one of the in depth lore explanation of how Pawns operate in the game world and The Rift and its varied levels of dimensional depth.

To not address those concepts in the current content, or in a future DLC, is to hurt Dragons Dogma deep lore.
Post edited March 22, 2024 by .Keys
amok: this is potentially a really good and open action RPG unlike any other.
I've watched reviews of DD 2 and based on that, it's very clear that DD 2 is a clone of Dark Souls mashed together with also being a clone of Monster Hunter World (and probably also it is a clone of various other additional games simultaneously as well).

So it's definitely like many other games that came before it and from which it steals many of its ideas.
Post edited March 22, 2024 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
amok: this is potentially a really good and open action RPG unlike any other.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I've watched reviews of DD 2 and based on that, it's very clear that DD 2 is a clone of Dark Souls mashed together with also being a clone of Monster Hunter World (and probably also it is a clone of various other additional games simultaneously as well).

So it's definitely like many other games that came before it and from which it steals many of its ideas.
Nah. Not really.
The only thing DD has close to Monster Hunter is the weapon / class system, and its nothing like Dark Souls and Elden Ring. Just in the Open World category. Gameplay and mechanics are really different.

Albeit one could say that Dragons Dogma is Devil May Cry and Monster Hunter child, as Itsuno is the creator of both DD and DMC and you can really see the hitstop skill aim to hit based gameplay of Monster Hunter there.
amok: Ig they manage to get the technical issues sorted out, this is potentially a really good and open action RPG unlike any other. It just needs to be made playable first.
EverNightX: So basically it's an inferior Elden Ring.
No, not at all. Mechanically, there is very little to compare DD2 with ER with. DD2 is not a souls like at all, it plays very differently.

would you say that Elden Ring is an inferior Skyrim?

And apart from the technical problems, there is not really anything inferior with this game either. A bit of jank, yes, but that is part of the charm with games like this
Post edited March 22, 2024 by amok
MysterD: At least w/ DD:DA on PC (especially on GOG) - you can just periodically use say GameSaveManager and back up your game-save, just in case saves or stuff might break & you need to go backwards.

.Keys: Actually, yes:
https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/40

But this is simply because DDDA save system is really easy to manage 'file system wise'.

Personally I like the 1 character per save design choice though. To each their own. :)

amok: It is a shame it has the technical difficulties that it has right now, because it from a game design point of view do many things right and do it really well. It is an open world game that gives full freedom the player, it is really old school in quest design and have no hand-holding leaving it completely up to the player how to do the quests, the monster battles are great, the world is very well designed and it is a living breathing world, the world itself is dynamic and reactive to the player actions - there is really no fail state you just have to live with the consequences of your actions, the pawn system is better than in the first game (and they don't talk as much), and so on. Ig they manage to get the technical issues sorted out, this is potentially a really good and open action RPG unlike any other. It just needs to be made playable first.
.Keys: Yeah... Its sad indeed. Lets hope Capcom understands that this is not a random release, but its one of their biggest releases to date (simply because of how much people asked them for this) and they do not abandon the game in its current state fixing only the performance issues.

If they focus on other issues people addressed, this can become a well beloved, albeit 'nichy', game, just like the first one.

I'm quite certain about one thing though:

They've DLCs planned for this game, and if it doesn't sell well, this will end up being incomplete just like the first game if they end up deciding to not release it.

"How can you be so sure about DLCs planned for this game?"

The answer is simple and is based on Dragons Dogma lore.
First game DLC, Bitterblack Isle, is one of the most beloved DLCs to date in Capcom history and they cannot release Dragons Dogma 2 without any Bitterblack Isle reference or in-world gameplay-like mechanic.
Same way they cannot not create a system/story element like the Everfall (therefore, randomization / random dungeons crawling), because its one of the in depth lore explanation of how Pawns operate in the game world and The Rift and its varied levels of dimensional depth.

To not address those concepts in the current content, or in a future DLC, is to hurt Dragons Dogma deep lore.
About the DDDA Save Mods - does this work on the GOG-version?
It is a shame i only have about 80 GB's left on my game drive, else i would, might have been persuaded to take a peek :-|

it literally takes ages to decide and move titles to storage :-/
Attachments: