It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready for some pure gaming fun – as of today and until 8th January 2022, 8 AM UTC, Cave Story's Secret Santa is available on GOG as a giveaway. The game’s release is accompanied by an announcement of two upcoming titles:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Cave Story +

So, enjoy a free game and stay tuned for more titles from Nicalis!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
If the Secret Santa game was indeed made with Studio Pixel, maybe the beef has been squashed?
Also, yea the game page is messed up, I guess I grabbed it at the right time.
About time.
GOG.com: Get ready for some pure gaming fun – as of today and until 8th January 2022, 8 AM UTC, Cave Story's Secret Santa is available on GOG as a giveaway. The game’s release is accompanied by an announcement of two upcoming titles:
That game is not currently available free, despite what you've posted.

Is that a site error?
Am also curious about **Cave Story's Secret Santa** giveaway status. Unable to obtain the game, but I did click the "Notify Me" button. Cannot "Wishlist" the game either.
Interesting. GOG usually makes the same mistakes over and over again.
This time we've got a totally new kind of bug or some extremely strange business decision/problem.
Yup, same here i can't claim the game, only subscribe for notifications.

I just searched this game on Steam to see if it happened the same but there is still being ffered free so it must be something with GOG only.
It looks like you can add Secret Santa to your cart again from the store listing page, or manually with the link below, but not directly from the product page yet.
https://www.gog.com/checkout/manual/cave_storys_secret_santa

The newsletter sent out said it's free till January 10th, but here it says the 8th.
It's working for me now \o/

https://www.gog.com/game/cave_storys_secret_santa
One of the best ads of the year for the GOG catalogue. They are two of the best indies games ever made, acclaimed by both critics and the public. It's amazing to be able to finally have DRM free copies!

I hope Isaac has the achievements feature on Galaxy as it is a game that benefits A LOT from this feature considering the hundreds and hundreds of hours to unlock the game's massive content.
Am i a heretic if i say i'm not interested in those games , find them overrated and didn't redeem the free game ?
Thanks, Nicalis, for bringing DRM-free titles to GOG! And thx for the freebie. :)
DD & Ji Ji: Am i a heretic if i say i'm not interested in those games , find them overrated and didn't redeem the free game ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2xlQaimsGg
Thanks Nicalis & GOG! ^_^
DD & Ji Ji: Am i a heretic if i say i'm not interested in those games , find them overrated and didn't redeem the free game ?
Nope. But your interest is not for "AAA" games alone, right? (assuming you care about "AAA" games at all) Because I think those releasing on GOG will remain few and far between.
Post edited December 12, 2021 by tfishell
No thanks. Unless someone tells me that Pixel will be getting reparations for the money they stole from him.

Plus, you know.

All the other choice problems at that studio.

Like attempting to publish a game without the consent of the developer.

Or generally being a horrible place to work.

My opinion: Letting Nicalis on GOG is a mistake.
Post edited December 12, 2021 by Darvond