It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready for some pure gaming fun – as of today and until 8th January 2022, 8 AM UTC, Cave Story's Secret Santa is available on GOG as a giveaway. The game’s release is accompanied by an announcement of two upcoming titles:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Cave Story +

So, enjoy a free game and stay tuned for more titles from Nicalis!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Darvond: No thanks. Unless someone tells me that Pixel will be getting reparations for the money they stole from him.

Plus, you know.

All the other choice problems at that studio.

Like attempting to publish a game without the consent of the developer.

Or generally being a horrible place to work.
The first link I don't trust anything said when its stated the discovery was found by Kotaku a known joke of a gaming news site for how hyper political and BS they have been for ages thus when I read the lines '''However, a recent investigation by Kotaku has revealed some troubling issues at the company. Kotaku has spoken to several former staff and partners and has heard tales of racism, ghosting and exploitation of employees – as well as questionable business practices when it comes to working with indie developers.'' I have to extremely doubt the claims when it was from Kotaku supposedly investing and findings as Kotaku has also twisted facts and interviews and make sure to question people in such a way to get the answers they want even when not truly what was meant..by the ones answering
Post edited December 12, 2021 by BanditKeith2
BanditKeith2: -wah wah, it isn't Fox News-
Do you want the DMs of Tyrone using incredibly colourful language?

Or just further evidence?

I don't know what news source would satisfy people like you, as for all I know, you only take the word of RT or some crazy rag like Epoch Times as golden.
BanditKeith2: -wah wah, it isn't Fox News-
Darvond: Do you want the DMs of Tyrone using incredibly colourful language?

I don't know what news source would satisfy people like you, as for all I know, you only take the word of RT or some crazy rag like Epoch Times as golden.
Who or what is RT? For that matter I don't think I ever heard of '''Epoch Times '' at all

Also my problem is with how much Kotaku has shown in the past to twist facts and get political regularly where it doesn't fit and they even has said to pirate new games in articles rather then buy em.. They even had in articles hated on games for the games not getting political and them getting caught in lies and even some staff caught for plagiarism fully .. They also was caught in the past making up stuff about people and companies they didn't like.. Thus when its Kotaku which finds via investigations I highly doubt anything and everything Kotaku claims to have discovered.. Its not that I couldn't believe such things I just don't trust Kotaku for reasons I mentioned in this reply and the last one.. Thats it

Edited in whatever the case this isn't to discuss Kotaku but rather Nicalis and related topics mainly
Post edited December 13, 2021 by BanditKeith2
Darvond: Do you want the DMs of Tyrone using incredibly colourful language?

BanditKeith2: Who or what is RT? For that matter I don't think I ever heard of '''Epoch Times '' at all

Also my problem is with how much Kotaku has shown in the past to twist facts and get political regularly where it doesn't fit and they even has said to pirate new games in articles rather then buy em.. They even had in articles hated on games for the games not getting political and them getting caught in lies and even some staff caught for plagiarism fully .. They also was caught in the past making up stuff about people and companies they didn't like.. Thus when its Kotaku which finds via investigations I highly doubt anything and everything Kotaku claims to have discovered.. Its not that I could believe such things I just don't trust Kotaku for reasons I mentioned in this reply and the last one.. Thats it

Edited in whatever the case this isn't to discuss Kotaku but rather Nicalis and related topics mainly
yep i wouldnt trust kotaku at all , it is clearly a biased political propaganda site
high rated
As if "Nicalis stole Cave Story IP rights" subject wasn't enough, Ittle Dew 2 creator claimed that, 1 year after partnership ended, they tried to re-publish his game on a console behind his back: https://twitter.com/reallyjoel/status/1238431974039093248

What an unacceptable behavior of this company!

Look, I was really happy for these games finally appearing here on GOG, but I'm beginning to question myself if they did the right thing. It just feels wrong.

I feel relieved Ittle Dew 2 is free from Nicalis. And Binding of Isaac's creator already stated he won't do business again with them in the future due to their behavior. Just wish Cave Story rights goes back to Studio Pixel one day!
Post edited December 13, 2021 by di0nizus
Thanks for the freebie!
Post edited December 12, 2021 by eiii
I've seen no evidence Cave Story was "stolen" from Pixel. He seems to be on good terms with Nicalis. Post proof or retract.
di0nizus: As if "Nicalis stole Cave Story IP rights" subject wasn't enough, Ittle Dew 2 creator claimed that, 1 year after partnership ended, they tried to re-publish his game on a console behind his back: https://twitter.com/reallyjoel/status/1238431974039093248

Look, I was really happy for these games finally appearing here on GOG, but I'm beginning to question myself if they did the right thing. It just feels wrong.
Same..Ill just forget their games.
Post edited December 14, 2021 by apfelnymous
Thank you kindly.
di0nizus: As if "Nicalis stole Cave Story IP rights" subject wasn't enough, Ittle Dew 2 creator claimed that, 1 year after partnership ended, they tried to re-publish his game on a console behind his back: https://twitter.com/reallyjoel/status/1238431974039093248

apfelnymous: Same..Ill just forget their games.
GOG deciding to please China by taking down Devotion just because dictator Xi Jinping is being cursed in it, but now decided to close their eyes for the bad Nicalis has been doing for several other game companies. This is just sad.

Ittle Dew 2 is finally free from them, creator said, but GOG refused it here in the store, so we're stuck only with Ittle Dew 1. Funny, uh?

Binding of Isaac Repentance DLC is the last partnership between McMillen and Nicalis, then it will be published independently in the near future too. GOG already waited a decade for it, why just not waiting a little longer?
di0nizus: GOG deciding to please China by taking down Devotion just because dictator Xi Jinping is being cursed in it, but now decided to close their eyes for the bad Nicalis has been doing for several other game companies. This is just sad.
Oh god what ???!! Pitiful it is.
di0nizus: GOG deciding to please China by taking down Devotion just because dictator Xi Jinping is being cursed in it, but now decided to close their eyes for the bad Nicalis has been doing for several other game companies. This is just sad.
apfelnymous: Oh god what ???!! Pitiful it is.
That's why it's absent on Steam, GOG and any other game platform. It's only available on their official website: https://shop.redcandlegames.com/games/devotion