It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ingsoc85: Or maybe one of the old Jurassic Park games.
Tarm: I'd be fine with that too. Haven't played them so my curiosity would have me buy them.
ShadowWulfe: Since they're so obviously in bed with Team America exclusivity, is there a way to make sure they DON'T get the rights to games? Probably hopeless and all, it's just majorly depressing to see such classics get locked to an online platform.

Strife was perfectly fine without multiplayer, and I never even knew it had that until they released their veteran garbage.
Tarm: I want this too. They buy up great old games and release broken versions on steam only. It's making me mad!
anyone else getting sick of this trend?
Here's some info on why some games aren't on GOG:

https://www.facebook.com/NightDiveStudios/photos/a.194457070696388.53219.194438327364929/583028895172535/?type=1&theater
In essence, either GOG is rejecting the games as unfit for their service, or because of the pricing.
I assumed the wishlist votes / sales projections were a factor, but I had completely forgot about the price differences. Most of the Retroism releases are 6.99 on Steam, whereas GOG has long had the 5.99 or 9.99 prices. I guess that's gonna be a factor in keeping most of the Retroism titles from coming here.
Post edited May 09, 2015 by SCPM
SCPM: I assumed the wishlist votes / sales projections were a factor, but I had completely forgot about the price differences. Most of the Retroism releases are 6.99 on Steam, whereas GOG has long had the 5.99 or 9.99 prices. I guess that's gonna be a factor in keeping most of the Retroism titles from coming here.
Then GOG needs to introduce new price points for classics, i'd hate to have games not come here just for that reason.
So in essence, either retroism wants to push their whole catalogue on GOG, shovelwhare included, either they are far too greedy (confirmed by the cinemaware debacle, where retroism cut on steam on cinemaware pricing strategy on GOG) and wants GOG to sell their shove... hum games for far too much than they have used their customers too (like it's a great idea to price your games 7 dollars, when you know that the historical actor on the market prices at most a game at 6 dollars -_-)

OK. Understood. We'll see how that's going to work in the future... :)

^^^ The worst things in that kind of debacle is to see customers selling their rights for a few good games and a sea of mediocre ones. Remember steam or Nordic ^_^
Post edited May 09, 2015 by MacArthur
MacArthur: So in essence, either retroism wants to push their whole catalogue on GOG, shovelwhare included, either they are far too greedy (confirmed by the cinemaware debacle, where retroism cut on steam on cinemaware pricing strategy) and wants GOG to sell their shove... hum games for far too much than they have used their customers too (like it's a great idea to price your games 7 dollars, when you know that the historical actor on the market prices at most a game at 6 dollars -_-)

OK. Understood. We'll see how that's going to work in the future... :)
Yeah, Night Dive needs to accept that not everyone wants the shovelware titles. Seems silly they won't release anything else here because of that.
MacArthur: So in essence, either retroism wants to push their whole catalogue on GOG, shovelwhare included, either they are far too greedy (confirmed by the cinemaware debacle, where retroism cut on steam on cinemaware pricing strategy on GOG)
Retroism has nothing to do with the Cinemaware Anthology; that's Cinemaware/Kalypso's doing.
haydenaurion: Then GOG needs to introduce new price points for classics, i'd hate to have games not come here just for that reason.
Price points might not be everything. GOG might be reluctant in pushing higher than US prices for Europeans/British, for such old games.
Post edited May 09, 2015 by Grargar
MacArthur: So in essence, either retroism wants to push their whole catalogue on GOG, shovelwhare included, either they are far too greedy (confirmed by the cinemaware debacle, where retroism cut on steam on cinemaware pricing strategy on GOG)
Grargar: Retroism has nothing to do with the Cinemaware Anthology; that's Cinemaware/Kalypso's doing.
haydenaurion: Then GOG needs to introduce new price points for classics, i'd hate to have games not come here just for that reason.
Grargar: Price points might not be everything. GOG might be reluctant in pushing higher than US prices for Europeans/British, for such old games.
Indeed, I got confused on that one.

But pricing is far more important than what you make it out to be. The 6 dollars price point has been pushed on every publisher here for an old game. Just imagine the sh*t if they let one 7 dollars go through, the next time they have to negociate their contract with EA or Ubisoft. It's not that simple and it's something that retroism should know better before fixing their prices on steam...
Grargar: In essence, either GOG is rejecting the games as unfit for their service, or because of the pricing.
I imagine pricing for most of the older games. Shame as it's only a $1 difference - 5.99 vs. 6.99.
Is pricing really such a problem though? I mean look at the Pixelunk games; and [url=http://www.gog.com/game/pixeljunk_monsters_hd]$7.99 for Shooter and Monsters, respectively.
Grargar: In essence, either GOG is rejecting the games as unfit for their service, or because of the pricing.
tfishell: I imagine pricing for most of the older games. Shame as it's only a $1 difference - 5.99 vs. 6.99.
Funny how often people have complained on GOG that some classic games aren't even worth $5.99. Correct or not, that was something I read many times regarding one of the last Tommo games to be released on GOG, Sword of the Samurai.

So, who should we be laying the blame on? Night Dive for increasing their base price refusing to make an exception for GOG because they want the same price on all platforms (sound familiar? Yeah, that was recently returned Nordic's position)? Or GOG for not making a $1 exception so they can continue to release classic Microprose titles?
ggf162: Is pricing really such a problem though? I mean look at the Pixelunk games; and [url=http://www.gog.com/game/pixeljunk_monsters_hd]$7.99 for Shooter and Monsters, respectively.
GOG has been historically tight on "classic" game pricing. They've been willing to treat newer indie game differently...
Post edited May 09, 2015 by yyahoo
MacArthur: But pricing is far more important than what you make it out to be. The 6 dollars price point has been pushed on every publisher here for an old game. Just imagine the sh*t if they let one 7 dollars go through, the next time they have to negociate their contract with EA or Ubisoft. It's not that simple and it's something that retroism should know better before fixing their prices on steam...
Publishers can also use the 10 dollars price point, if they so desire (like in the case of Disney). The fixed 6 dollars price point has also worked against the customer here, as some games (like AVP Classic 2000, Desperados and Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee) are actually cheaper elsewhere. Judging by the price points at their own stores, I doubt that EA would particularly care about raising the prices.
So, looks like Night Dive Studios is preparing to release System Shock 1:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145663

Will be interesting to see if it's going to come here or be Steam-only like Strife. At least we got Terra Nova, but it seems sales have been criminally low, even The Hugo Trilogy sold more, sheesh! Everyone who didn't buy Terra Nova should do so right now.
jkiiskinen: So, looks like Night Dive Studios is preparing to release System Shock 1:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145663

Will be interesting to see if it's going to come here or be Steam-only like Strife. At least we got Terra Nova, but it seems sales have been criminally low, even The Hugo Trilogy sold more, sheesh! Everyone who didn't buy Terra Nova should do so right now.
That would be amazing to see, as I've never played it...

Here's hoping.

But, seeing System Shock 1 has over 33,000 votes on GOG's community wishlist...Night Dive would be insane not to release it here, and GOG would be crazy not to try and score it.

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/system_shock_1_1

Plus we already have the sequel, and Night Dive released a game somewhat recently here.

It's probable!
Post edited August 26, 2015 by JinseiNGC224