It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It’s all new Trek?
I want to get into comics. Can anyone recommend places where they sell drm free digital comics? Also what comics are worth checking out?
.Ra: I want to get into comics. Can anyone recommend places where they sell drm free digital comics?
Places I know that sell DRM free comics:
- Humble Bundle (mostly bundles)
- Itchio (mostly indies and beware the store allows NSFW contents and their filtering options can be rather bad)
- Gumroad (just like Itchio, but mind they allow content creators to add the buyers' info to PDFs as watermark upon download, which they insist that is not DRM, and that there's no way to know if the watermark function is being used without downloading the ebook first or asking the content creator)
- IndieGala (sells bundles and single copies, but beware they may be NSFW)
- Fanatical (only through bundles, and such bundles seem to tend to be rare)
- Black Library (I never used it, but I saw mentions about it in another forum)
- Denpasoft and Sekai Project (technically two stores, both belonging to Denpasoft, and the former is supposedly SWF, while the latter *IS* NSFW)
- DLsite (almost 100% NSFW; also mind it has comics with DRM among the DRM free ones, and it can be a major headache to filter out the ones with DRM)
- Fakku (100% NSFW, and mind anything that all the contents from their "Unlimited!" subscription have DRM, and they push the subscription so hard to customers it becomes a nuisance)
- Patreon and Subscribestar (sites that work in the subscription model, and you'd have to dig to find comics there)
- GOG and Steam (occasionally as DLCs for some games)

.Ra: Also what comics are worth checking out?
SFW? Hard to come by outside of bundles, from what I observed, so options aren't plentiful.
Post edited September 09, 2022 by _Auster_
Humble Fantasy RPG Comcis Bundle:
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/fantasy-rpg-comics-books?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_threes_tile_index_3_c_fantasyrpgcomics_bookbundle

The "Pathfinder" and "Dungeons & Dragons" comics have been bundled before (excpet #4-5 of "D&D: Infernal Tides"), "Skullkickers" and "DIE" seem to be new to bundles.
Geddes17: Humble Fantasy RPG Comcis Bundle:
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/fantasy-rpg-comics-books?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_threes_tile_index_3_c_fantasyrpgcomics_bookbundle

The "Pathfinder" and "Dungeons & Dragons" comics have been bundled before (excpet #4-5 of "D&D: Infernal Tides"), "Skullkickers" and "DIE" seem to be new to bundles.
Link without all the trackers:
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/fantasy-rpg-comics-books
Manga Masters Bundle at Fanatical:
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/manga-masters

Most items have been bundled before at Humble Bundle, but I'd say it's a solid bundle for manga newbies.

New to bundles are:
- Vol. 2-3 of "Dolly Kill Kill"
- "Shaman King"
- "Ayanashi"
- Vol. 3 of "APOSIMZ"
- Vol. 2-3 of "Gleipnir"
For your consideration:

AiComicbooks.com
"Free to download and read. If you want to support the artist, there’s a tip option, though it’s not required"

Are AI assisted Comic Books. There are 8 available, to download each, it asks for email and name
After that, it gives a link to a PDF file right there on the page (therefore the email address provided is not used at all)

Are AI assisted Comic Books a terrible idea? Share your thoughts, but please don't blame the messager
Geddes17: Manga Masters Bundle at Fanatical:
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/manga-masters

Most items have been bundled before at Humble Bundle, but I'd say it's a solid bundle for manga newbies.

New to bundles are:
- Vol. 2-3 of "Dolly Kill Kill"
- "Shaman King"
- "Ayanashi"
- Vol. 3 of "APOSIMZ"
- Vol. 2-3 of "Gleipnir"
Small update: a countdown for the end of the bundle now appears in its page. According to the countdown, it'll end in a bit less than 19 days and 18 hours from now.
Post edited October 11, 2022 by _Auster_
tag+: For your consideration:

AiComicbooks.com
"Free to download and read. If you want to support the artist, there’s a tip option, though it’s not required"

Are AI assisted Comic Books. There are 8 available, to download each, it asks for email and name
After that, it gives a link to a PDF file right there on the page (therefore the email address provided is not used at all)

Are AI assisted Comic Books a terrible idea? Share your thoughts, but please don't blame the messager
It looks like some things in the site are still in a WIP stage. Like the "About Us" button in the foot of the page sends the user to Google's front page, while the other buttons besides it send the user to the site's front page without showing anything new.
A few Markosia books are offered in a new bundle:

https://www.indiegala.com/bundle/true-tales-bundle

Seems all of them were previously bundled in Groupees.
Post edited October 13, 2022 by eladz
And a new Vampire Hunter D bundle at Humble:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/vampire-hunter-d-dark-horse-books

Note that it seems to be offered only in ePub format, which makes me think I'll pass on it
eladz: Note that it seems to be offered only in ePub format, which makes me think I'll pass on it
Sorry for my naivety, what's the problem with the ePub format? they are books, aren't day?
maestroruffy: Sorry for my naivety, what's the problem with the ePub format? they are books, aren't day?
It's a digital book format, albeit a less supported one, and I think fits eBooks better than comic books. Digital comics are usually offered as pdf/cbz as well, only in recent bundles this started to change.

There are probably applications that allow to convert between the formats, but it's more of a hassle.
eladz: It's a digital book format, albeit a less supported one, and I think fits eBooks better than comic books. Digital comics are usually offered as pdf/cbz as well, only in recent bundles this started to change.

There are probably applications that allow to convert between the formats, but it's more of a hassle.
I agree with you but I think (I have not bought the bundle) that they are selling the novels of vampire hunter D, not the comic version and this is the reason why they are using epub format
maestroruffy: I agree with you but I think (I have not bought the bundle) that they are selling the novels of vampire hunter D, not the comic version and this is the reason why they are using epub format
Oh ok, I wasn't aware there were novels in this series and assumed these are comic books, since it's associated with Dark Horse.
There's no preview option, so can't be sure. For eBooks, ePub is more of a standard and fitting format.