It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The wait is over – Phantom Liberty, a full-fledged expansion to Cyberpunk 2077, has arrived in its full glory, and is now available on GOG!

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is an action spy-thriller where you, the player, will yet again become V, a cyberpunk for hire who is thrown into the shadowy world filled with espionage. It offers a new, full, complex storyline, a new district – Dogtown – to discover within Night City limits, a powerful new skill tree, new quests, gigs and contracts; new items and weapons, and an infinite amount of replayable open world activities.

As the Night City’s aspiring mercenary legend, you will cross paths with a new cast of characters; including veteran secret agents, cunning political players, and bloodthirsty guns for hire. On your way, you’ll be joined by the secret agent of NUSA, Solomon Reed, portrayed by Idris Elba – to take on a difficult mission so, filled to the brim with tough choices, twists and turns.

The expansion will also bring you to a completely new part of Night City – Dogtown, the most dangerous district so far, ruled by arms dealer and warlord, Kurt Hansen. The district brings in new gigs and characters, but also offers new boss fights, infinitely replayable open world activities in the forms of airdrops and courier missions; and even more to discover.

You will also gain access to over 100 new items – vehicles, weapons, clothing, and cyberware – as well as see a whole new Relic skill tree (on a redesigned skill tree) with unique Relic perks, to bring even more freedom and flexibility to your playstyle curation.

If you haven’t stepped into Night City yet, you can get both the base game and the expansion in a special Cyberpunk 2077 & Phantom Liberty Bundle, now discounted -20%; and whether a newcomer, or a seasoned edgerunner, you can navigate HERE, to ensure your installation of the expansion goes smoothly.

Now, grab your gear, get your cyberdeck ready, and let’s meet in Dogtown – Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is now available on GOG!
Clownski_: *snip*
Still can't see version 2.0 under Extras in Galaxy. It's just the 1.63_Hotfix version. Version 2.0 offline installer is available on the website, though.

When will they be updated through Galaxy/Extras?
high rated
φιλα_δελφία: P.S.: From this day on I will keep my personal list of "official crybabies".
I like to buy my DRM-Free games in full, not in 70% or 90% or 99.9856%. If 0.0144% of the game is tied behind online activation (See attachment), then the game is NOT DRM-Free.

Now if this was any other company I'd begrudgingly give them a pass. But when CD Project preaches DRM-Free gaming and the ability to play offline in a bunker on one hand, while mandating an "optional" client for authentication on the other, I cannot give them a pass.

And then they wonder why people are always worried that Offline Installers are about to be sent to the chopping block.
Attachments:
The reason this game is only "partially DRM free" is because the majority DOES NOT CARE, this is a hard fact those who care will have to swallow.

So, CDPR was going the way of "advertisement", "fear of missing out", and basically "make use of the greed" which seems to be a natural human weakness.

In short term at least it seems to work for them, but not sure how it looks for long term... because at some point the masses may still care as they may "wake up" and realize... "i got a broken game and i am nearly unable to fix it, no matter how much i pay". It will take a while because for that to happen a IQ of over 80 is most likely required. Or at least a good "guidance" of some people with a IQ of over 100.

So anyway, for me the meaning is that i simply will only buy this game and any addons with a good price cut and at some point using many mods which are most certainly even better than the items "locked behind certain paywalls" by the devs.
Post edited September 28, 2023 by Xeshra
high rated
From what I gather, you can't even play the expansion without Galaxy. Please fix this CDPR!
shmerl: From what I gather, you can't even play the expansion without Galaxy. Please fix this CDPR!
It's getting hammered in the most-voted reviews, so at least in this case I do think GOG will fix it.
Xeshra: The reason this game is only "partially DRM free" is because the majority DOES NOT CARE, this is a hard fact those who care will have to swallow.

So, CDPR was going the way of "advertisement", "fear of missing out", and basically "make use of the greed" which seems to be a natural human weakness.

So anyway, for me the meaning is that i simply will only buy this game and any addons with a good price cut and at some point using many mods which are most certainly even better than the items "locked behind certain paywalls" by the devs.
From what I seen the DLC locked are not even worth it. Mods will definitely add more to the game.
shmerl: From what I gather, you can't even play the expansion without Galaxy. Please fix this CDPR!
Dumb mistake by CD red but I'm positive it will be fixed.
Post edited September 28, 2023 by Syphon72
Meanwhile on steam : https://steamcharts.com

top games 4th place
I feel so tired: Meanwhile on steam : https://steamcharts.com

top games 4th place
I am part of the problem for this. I purchased Cyberpunk 2077 on Steam after Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty came out just so I can write a negative review telling CD Projekt RED and gog.com that having microtransactions in Cyberpunk 2077 is not acceptable or requiring GOG Galaxy for the gog.com version, because reviews on Steam for video games are much more helpful for video game developers to see than they are on gog.com.
Xeshra: The reason this game is only "partially DRM free" is because the majority DOES NOT CARE, this is a hard fact those who care will have to swallow.

In short term at least it seems to work for them, but not sure how it looks for long term... because at some point the masses may still care as they may "wake up" and realize... "i got a broken game and i am nearly unable to fix it, no matter how much i pay".
CDPR will keep testing the waters. They have never made a secret about how *free goodies and items are going to be distributed and what customers will need to do to claim and activate them. They have now taken it two steps further with the idea to offer Twitch drops. One of them can be obtained only if viewers spend money to gift two subscriptions in channels of qualified streamers.

This is a waste of money if the only reason someone is watching is to receive items and precious lifetime but doesn't intend to come back to watch one of the streamers.

Coming up with this new way of distributing free goodies is a stroke of genius. Not only did they manage to enlist a great number of streamers, many of which may have bought the game and add-on from their own money, while the big ones and a select few will have received free keys to do the advertising; With this Throw a coin to your Twitcher™, oh cash cows of plenty, oooooh cash cooooows of pleeee-n-t-yyyyyy! idea, they managed to have willing viewers pay in their stead! And what do viewers receive in return? A weapon skin. I bow my head before the person who has come up with this brilliant idea!

Since it works, they will turn the screws further when a new patch of free rewards that are locked to Galaxy for The Witcher 3 will be released. Those rewards were already gated behind Galaxy and a requirement to go online at least once to claim them. So if this new drop scheme is a success, which undoubtedly it is going to be, one can guess what they will come up with for any future TW3 goodies and rewards. I guess that is what a representative had in mind when he was talking about wise monetization in an interview.

They will keep doing this until either Steam, Epic, or Sony customers are fed up; they really draw the short stick here. That's because not only do they need to register their accounts with GOG/CDPR, but they, as PC customers, also have to use Galaxy to claim rewards or connect Steam/Epic accounts to GOG or vice versa, as well as Twitch on top of that, just for something supposedly free - coming from the goodness of our so beloved company, once standing by their word; that's no more than your typical and worthless CI and marketing nonsense to please the board of directors and shareholders. I hope the sarcasm will be forgiven...

The problem I see is that CDPR seems to see no more need to listen to complaints from customers who do business in their very own shop or on other platforms buying any of their games old and brand new. Since update 2.0 doesn't seem to work, introduces new bugs, makes changes that are not very well received, still contains known bugs which were never really fixed, and the fact that slowly the mask is dropping and the company many once liked taking it in a direction mindful customers are opposed to degrading GOG/CDPR to a cheap St. Elsewhere clone, the sensible thing to do is to invoke the right to refund the game, DLC, or both. If a majority of customers did that, instead of wasting additional time trying to make a game run - as they could reasonably expect it to do (quality assurance and final testing before release, anyone, CDPR?), or waiting months for a fix, that's what CDPR will readily be able to understand.

Money speaks - and theirs is a business. Customers on the other hand are not fans and supporters who have to put up with any practices or whims of companies, developers, and publishers who still think they can do what pleases while disregarding laws now protecting customers from said practices. Once people out there realize that they got rights, and even though detractors call them entitled, crybabies - probably in their own interest or a companies, they will either comply, start to listen and act or go under. From a customer perspective, we don't have to care whether GOG/CDPR or any other company makes money or how passionate they say they are and who all they are planning to support - in part with our money, not theirs.

Each and every one of us has a choice. One of the choices is to accept their practices and keep buying their games, or don't. GOG/CDPR and other companies and individuals have the choice to listen carefully to what regular customers have to say, what they are asking for and complaining about, and go out of their way for their customers, or don't. They need us more than we do them. And if they think they can get away with it, CDPR/GOG can do whatever they wish to; it's their company and their right to decide how things gets done. BUT - each decision they make, comes at a price. Whether they are willing to pay it, and what it's going to look like, remains to be seen. ;)
high rated
We know that most people don't care, that's why they buy on Steam. People on GOG should care though. If they don't, then they don't realise that no online service stays online forever.

Ubisoft also had "online rewards" and now they've been shut down for many older games. All those games are now essentially crippled. I do not want CDPR games to go the same way in 20 years. Maybe CDPR will give us offline installers for this content before shutting the authentication service down or maybe they won't. They're not saying anything.

Mori_Yuki: That's because not only do they need to register their accounts with GOG/CDPR
While I'm not a fan of Twitch Drops, they're not even the main problem. It's the distribution method once the drops have been unlocked. The fact that we have to link GOG accounts to Twitch, rather than anything else, literally allows CDP to generate offline installers / activators of these Twitch Drops for GOG users and place them in the DLC section. They are intentionally keeping it tied to Galaxy authentication though. That is so PRO-DRM of them.

The subscription gifting rifle is not even a drop that activates via linked accounts. We get a serial key. Can we redeem that code on GOG? No, we have to redeem it on Cyberpunk's website. Do we get an offline installer / activator for that rifle at least? Of course not. Need to launch the game via Galaxy for that.
Post edited September 28, 2023 by SargonAelther
high rated
I have to confirm this. Without Galaxy the game crashes for me before the main menu is shown. With Galaxy everything worked fine and I played for hours.
Post edited September 28, 2023 by MarkoH01
Haven't bought the expansion yet. But looking at what the people here said about crashing without Galaxy is truly a shame. A shame. Wow. I use Galaxy, but to have the game crash without using Galaxy is just another notch down for GOG. Man, I hope they fix this. Otherwise, it's going to be another blow of huge disappointment
MarkoH01: I have to confirm this. Without Galaxy the game crashes for me before the main menu is shown. With Galaxy everything worked fine and I played for hours.
Thanks for confirming!
MarkoH01: I have to confirm this. Without Galaxy the game crashes for me before the main menu is shown. With Galaxy everything worked fine and I played for hours.
It's caused by REDmod in my case. I did some tests and the results were:
CP2077 runs offline
CP2077 with PL runs offline
CP2077 with PL and REDmod crashes without Galaxy.
SargonAelther: It's caused by REDmod in my case. I did some tests and the results were:
CP2077 runs offline
CP2077 with PL runs offline
CP2077 with PL and REDmod crashes without Galaxy.
Never had REDmod installed - game crashes whenever I try to launch it.