It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

StingingVelvet: I doubt this matters at all. PC gamers like me couldn't care less, and the new consoles will be backwards compatible (probably with graphics enhancements), so everybody wins.
Sarafan: I think it matters even for PC gamers. New generation consoles means better graphics even on PCs because the games will be scaled for new hardware. Backwards compatibility is a good thing, but still the graphics quality will be the same as on currentgen consoles. I'm quite disappointed with the decision to delay the game, but of course I can see the advantages. There must be a lot of bugs... :/
i don't really get your negativity here. you were ok with it if they only delayed by a month but you also want them to delay longer to make it a next gen game?

you realise they've been working on the game for years now and it's not like they could just quickly rewrite the game engine in a few months?

the graphics will scale just fine on pc. i'm ok with them taking time to polish the game. i'm not ok with another 2 years so they can make it "next gen". no ROI in that imo.
No Summer of Punk then I guess.....
I'm kind of glad really. Now I don't have to worry about choosing between pre-ordering Trails of Cold Steel III (Switch) or Cyberpunk 2077
Didn't see this coming!
I'm actually a bit glad about that, the first half of the year is packed with games for me already (Even though I'm afraid Falcom will probably release something in september again which drains at least another 100-200 hours from my avaiable time, good thing I have no social life) and in additon to that I can now take more time for my PC waiting for the next Graphic cards generation.
Fine by me! The last decade got increasingly tiresome as studios used online accessibility like a crutch, pushing a 'patch it later' mentality that soiled the release of countless games.
gibbeynator: Expected this the second Square announced Final Fantasy 7 would be moving to a few days beforehand.
I thought the same exact thing.
Also. Square: That was a dick move! But in retrospect; that gives CP's devs more time to "Polish" some more! :P

Maybe Windows 7 compatibility and 3rd person view unlocked after finishing the main story..? :p
Post edited January 17, 2020 by novumZ
low rated
Probably need to double check and make sure none of the npcs have a gender. With the amount of NPCs in the game, that will take some time.
I don't mind the delay. Prefer to wait for a proper release rather than play a rushed buggy mess. ;) Besides, this buys me more time to upgrade my pc and play some of my other games.

An unconfirmed source from a parallel universe existing only inside my head told me that CDPR needed this delay in order to fully test their Linux port of Cyberpunk 2077. :P
Fine by me. Better to have the game in a more polished state than risk negative press (and thus worse sales) due to game crashes and serious bugs. And since I'm on a Linux only system, it doesn't really matter. Won't buy it on release anyway, because I want to see the game working well via DXVK first. And it's usually good to wait a little while anyway, until at least one major patch is out.
ChrisGamer300: Good, maybe the next gen cards are out by then, i don't mind at all.
Lol? There's no reason that Cyberpunk wouldn't run fine at max settings on a 1080 or 2080.
Shrug.
Honestly, if it keeps the devs away from the dreaded crunch, I actually hope CDProjekt has the fortitude to push it even more. Remember, no matter how good the game ends up being, it's not worth ruining people's health.

The devs have families too, and they deserve to spend time with them, even though their game ends up keeping us away from ours. ;)
Post edited January 17, 2020 by MadalinStroe
zenstar: i don't really get your negativity here. you were ok with it if they only delayed by a month but you also want them to delay longer to make it a next gen game?
I don't want a longer delay. I just fear that the release of a currentgen game close to the release date of nextgens will be bad from a marketing point of view. But ok, September is still acceptable. The nextgens will come out in December probably.
Sarafan: I don't want a longer delay. I just fear that the release of a currentgen game close to the release date of nextgens will be bad from a marketing point of view. But ok, September is still acceptable. The nextgens will come out in December probably.
If rumors are true on how the new consoles will work, it's basically a cross-gen game by default. You'll buy it on your chosen "platform" and then play it on the machine you own.

As for PC design being hindered by the old Jaguar processors in the Xbox One and PS4, well... that would be true no matter how long they delayed it, unless they totally redesigned the game.