It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Frozen: Starlight Drifter
Visual Novel mixed with FTL (Faster Than Light)
I like what they have so far. Looks influenced by Mass Effect as well, specifically in starting with a protagonist of either gender, two hot human crewmates of each gender, and a hot blue alien crewmate.
Prydeless: Yeah, whatever Obsidian does it will have to be their own IP since EA has an exclusive on Star Wars, and they're still forcing SWTOR as KotOR 3/4/5/6/blah. Sega owns the AP IP and I think they've given up on it. It could be a spiritual successor sort of AP game, but I'm not sure I'd go for it in an isometric game. A Sci-fi RPG would be pretty cool since we don't really get many of those for RPGs.
Yes Sega owns the AP IP, but as you said they seem to have given up on it when the game didn't sell well. So maybe with enough funding from KS Obsidian might buy it back. It's pretty unlikely though, and I guess we're much more likely to get some kind of spiritual successor if they ever decide to do something like AP again.

I'd also like something different than the standard fantasy (or the recently in thing with a post apocalyptic setting) RPG fare, even if I have fun with those too. There are so many other underutilized settings you can use for an RPG. It's too bad so many RPGs set in more original worlds have been commercial flops.
Frozen: Starlight Drifter
Visual Novel mixed with FTL (Faster Than Light)
IAmSinistar: I like what they have so far. Looks influenced by Mass Effect as well, specifically in starting with a protagonist of either gender, two hot human crewmates of each gender, and a hot blue alien crewmate.
Though it's surprising she has four arms instead of four boobs....:D
2D sci-fi platform/RPG envolving time travel:
Temporus

Dieselpunk RPG with real-time tactical combat:
InSomnia

Co-op tower defense from the creators of GhostControl Inc.:
Splee & Glob: Monster Defense

Design and build vehicles out of modular blocks. Fight enemies, discover new parts and corporations, and harvest natural resources:
TerraTech – physics-based vehicle construction & combat

A game about survival, reincarnation, and karma, all set in a breathtaking and unique 3D pixelized world:
The Deer God - A Game of Reincarnation
IAmSinistar: I like what they have so far. Looks influenced by Mass Effect as well, specifically in starting with a protagonist of either gender, two hot human crewmates of each gender, and a hot blue alien crewmate.
Reever: Though it's surprising she has four arms instead of four boobs....:D
Unlockable content? DLC? ;)

gandalf.nho: Dieselpunk RPG with real-time tactical combat:
InSomnia
I think I'm required to support this one based solely on its name. But it does looks good. Early Fallout series aesthetics, mixed with Art Deco.
Now for something completely different ...

Jellio Toy Chest Collection. A set of cool furnishings inspired by childhood toys. Done by a friend of my wife. Take a look.
Reever: Though it's surprising she has four arms instead of four boobs....:D
IAmSinistar: Unlockable content? DLC? ;)

gandalf.nho: Dieselpunk RPG with real-time tactical combat:
InSomnia
IAmSinistar: I think I'm required to support this one based solely on its name. But it does looks good. Early Fallout series aesthetics, mixed with Art Deco.
"Gameplay time: 15-20 hours main storyline & 20-30 hours of side quests (first season/year). More than 20 FREE chapters are planned after release, with 3-6 hours of gameplay each, to tell the whole tale."
Game isnt complete at launch?.
Niggles: "Gameplay time: 15-20 hours main storyline & 20-30 hours of side quests (first season/year). More than 20 FREE chapters are planned after release, with 3-6 hours of gameplay each, to tell the whole tale."
Wow, 20 free DLC packs that each add 3-6 hours of gameplay sounds really overambitious, especially for an indie game made by a studio that, as far as I can tell, has never shipped a game before. Heck, even the 35-50 hours of gameplay in the base game seems like a lot to produce for a small team going for high production values with only $70k of funding. That being said, I do like the concept art and Fallout-meets-Bioshock aesthetic... I just think that they may be more familiar with the design and art rather than the development and business.
Niggles: "Gameplay time: 15-20 hours main storyline & 20-30 hours of side quests (first season/year). More than 20 FREE chapters are planned after release, with 3-6 hours of gameplay each, to tell the whole tale."
Rakuru: Wow, 20 free DLC packs that each add 3-6 hours of gameplay sounds really overambitious, especially for an indie game made by a studio that, as far as I can tell, has never shipped a game before. Heck, even the 35-50 hours of gameplay in the base game seems like a lot to produce for a small team going for high production values with only $70k of funding. That being said, I do like the concept art and Fallout-meets-Bioshock aesthetic... I just think that they may be more familiar with the design and art rather than the development and business.
What concerns me is the whole tale isnt told with the base game and u need the DLC to get the complete story....thats my interpretation?
Niggles: What concerns me is the whole tale isnt told with the base game and u need the DLC to get the complete story....thats my interpretation?
Yeah, the DLC chapters would supposedly be free, but I would still worry about them actually being able to finish all of the chapters and the storyline. It looks like their Kickstarter promises a new 3 - 6 hour chapter every 2 - 3 months, which also sounds like a very ambitious goal for a small indie team. They promise more than 20 additional chapters after the game's release, so even if they somehow manage to squeeze out one chapter every 3 months, that's a minimum of five years that the players would have to wait for the conclusion of the plot. For the dev team, it means five years or more spent working full-time or more on free content for their aging game while they could have just made a focused 30-hour game that's complete upfront and spent the rest of their time developing a sequel and having more freedom to actually improve and change the engine/gameplay.
IAmSinistar: Unlockable content? DLC? ;)
Now that's a DLC nobody would say "no" to :D
Niggles: What concerns me is the whole tale isnt told with the base game and u need the DLC to get the complete story....thats my interpretation?
Rakuru: Yeah, the DLC chapters would supposedly be free, but I would still worry about them actually being able to finish all of the chapters and the storyline. It looks like their Kickstarter promises a new 3 - 6 hour chapter every 2 - 3 months, which also sounds like a very ambitious goal for a small indie team. They promise more than 20 additional chapters after the game's release, so even if they somehow manage to squeeze out one chapter every 3 months, that's a minimum of five years that the players would have to wait for the conclusion of the plot. For the dev team, it means five years or more spent working full-time or more on free content for their aging game while they could have just made a focused 30-hour game that's complete upfront and spent the rest of their time developing a sequel and having more freedom to actually improve and change the engine/gameplay.
Ach, I didn't notice this aspect of the planned release. It does indeed sound like pie in the sky, and I wouldn't be surprised if after the initial game release the devs went "Well, sales aren't what we hoped, so it's with a heavy heart that we have to cancel the rest of the chapters". Perhaps if they were an established studio this plan might be feasible, though that's a ton of content updates even then. I don't know of any game that I've played which went beyond 5 DLCs that meaningfully extended the storyline.
Areal, spiritual succesor to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1577656602/areal

WARNING: Vostok Games, creators of Survarium, have expressed their corcerns about this project
Vostok spokesperson Joe Mullin wrote this in the Survarium forum (via VG247): "We have contacted GSC's lawyers regarding this fraudulent claim of being the developers of Stalker and Metro Last Light. Please do all you can do ensure people know these claims are false."
Thanks to the GOG forumites that have pointed out this might be a scam.
Post edited June 25, 2014 by rodrolliv
rodrolliv: Areal, spiritual succesor to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1577656602/areal
Looks interesting, but many people in the comments are thinking the project is a scam
Post edited June 24, 2014 by gandalf.nho
gandalf.nho: Looks interesting, but many people in the comments are thinking the project is a scam
Not only people in the comments -- a dev from Vostok Games (former STALKER devs) said this:
We have contacted GSC's lawyers regarding this fraudulent claim of being the developers of Stalker and Metro Last Light. Please do all you can do ensure people know these claims are false.
Post edited June 25, 2014 by Mrstarker