It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yup, that Argentina - Chile match was the best game thus far. Chile is no slouch, but man they sure let Argentina steal the ball a lot in the second half.
I'm actually surprised at how well the US did against Costa Rica. Still, at times some of their plays looked kind of amateurish. That penalty kick goal that Costa Rica gave away early on was quite dumb though. I guess the US is not out of the race yet then.
I stopped watching the Brazil-Haiti game halfway through. It was pretty clear who was dominating the game. Not because Brazil was that good; Haiti was just that terrible.

On the plus side, the Ecuador-Peru match was pretty decent... once Ecuador woke up from their early game daze, although the same can't be said about the assistant referees who both missed several offsides, including Ecuador's equalizer during which three players were clearly offside.
mistermumbles: Is anybody else watching?
ZFR: I am, though I haven't watched any of the matches live yet, since unfortunately the interesting ones (Brazil vs Ecuador) took place at ungodly hours, and I needed to wake up early the next day.

I always support Uruguay from CONMEBOL, but I might have to skip their opening match because I have to wake up early again tomorrow.
Woah... someone likes us?
mistermumbles: I stopped watching the Brazil-Haiti game halfway through. It was pretty clear who was dominating the game. Not because Brazil was that good; Haiti was just that terrible.
First match I watched live, since I could sleep a bit later today. Stopped halfway through.
ZFR: I am, though I haven't watched any of the matches live yet, since unfortunately the interesting ones (Brazil vs Ecuador) took place at ungodly hours, and I needed to wake up early the next day.

I always support Uruguay from CONMEBOL, but I might have to skip their opening match because I have to wake up early again tomorrow.
Gonchi: Woah... someone likes us?
I liked Uruguay at the 1990 (don't ask why; I was a kid back then) and they have been my favourite South American team since. Once I pick a favourite from a given continent or league I don't change it, and most of my picks were done in the early 90s. e.g. I still support Zaragoza from the Spanish league, even after they dropped to Second Division.

Also, you did very well in the 2010 world cup. Why the surprise?
Post edited June 09, 2016 by ZFR
Go Canada Go! Home!
timppu: Go Canada Go! Home!
Canada have a good soccer team ? Or you mean hockey :P
Nice to see that football is getting more popular in the US. Let's see if Klinsman survives this cup.
timppu: Go Canada Go! Home!
sulc84: Canada have a good soccer team ? Or you mean hockey :P
No idea, but wasn't this about some kind of soccer tournament on the American continent? So I presumed Canada also sends its best soccer players to play against Brazil, Cuba, Aztec Empire etc.

After all, what else can the hockey players do in the summer but to play soccer? Have you ever tried to skate on sand or lawn? We have the same problem here in Finland, no idea what sports to do in the summer when there is no snow nor ice (at least not most of the time).
mistermumbles: I stopped watching the Brazil-Haiti game halfway through. It was pretty clear who was dominating the game. Not because Brazil was that good; Haiti was just that terrible.
ZFR: First match I watched live, since I could sleep a bit later today. Stopped halfway through.
Gonchi: Woah... someone likes us?
ZFR: I liked Uruguay at the 1990 (don't ask why; I was a kid back then) and they have been my favourite South American team since. Once I pick a favourite from a given continent or league I don't change it, and most of my picks were done in the early 90s. e.g. I still support Zaragoza from the Spanish league, even after they dropped to Second Division.

Also, you did very well in the 2010 world cup. Why the surprise?
Our playing style and mentality isn't often endearing to many. I don't have fond memories of our 1990 campaign, we played well against Spain but couldn't get the result, then we were pretty rubbish in the rest of our games. Ruben Sosa was one of our leading players at the time and he played for Zaragoza in the late 80s, perhaps that's the explanation.
Our win against Haiti was extremely depressing. To see them not be able to maintain ball possession and be forced to play on the counter-offensive against what is essentially an amateur ensemble is a true testament to how low we have fallen. Unfortunately, this is the product of decades of uncontrolled corruption in every area of the sport...
And that, as they say, is that. Sadly the first match I watched fully didn't end the way I wanted. But that was one crazy goal, and the last minutes were intense, so it was worth watching.
Well, then... Now that I found a good way to watch UEFA 2016 online... Looks like I will only watch a few select matches from Copa America. Heh. Blame it to overlap.
mistermumbles: Well, then... Now that I found a good way to watch UEFA 2016 online... Looks like I will only watch a few select matches from Copa America. Heh. Blame it to overlap.
Ditto. With Uruguay out so early, I feel less like wanting to watch it anyway.
I just got around to watching the US-Paraguay match, and I'm actually surprised the US team is actually able to win any games. It's like watching fucking amateur hour. Balls are given away too often, instead of playing forward as would be sensible they often go backwards just so they're close to compromising themselves, and there are too many damn hotheads. Also, I guess there's a really big 'I' in team for them because some players are way too obsessed with keeping possession of the ball and subsequently losing it instead of passing it on when much better openings are to be found elsewhere.

It was just painful to watch all their mistakes. Frankly, I'd be embarrassed to call myself a fan. I'd be very surprised if they made it past the quarter-finals.
Post edited June 12, 2016 by mistermumbles