It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good day, everyone, hope Sunday's treating you all well.

moonshineshadow: I am not so sure about. I have a laptop that I use mostly for work... and it decided that it does not want to boot anymore. I mean how likely is that this happens just one week after the troubles with my normal computer -.-
It doesn't hate you, it's just trying to tell you that you shouldn't do work-related things over the weekend. :-)

On a more serious note - it might have gotten jealous and just wants the same attention you gave your desktop. ;-)

On a really serious note - fingers crossed you'll get it to work with not much hassle.

toxicTom: *Sunday hugs and waves*

I hope you're all reasonable well. Many thanks to the people responding to our loss.

I'm not feeling that well. Very sad, of course, and constantly spotting the cat from the corner of my eye, or catching myself waiting for the door slowly opening or listening for her claws clicking on the laminate floor.

Also the little one has fallen sick, with 40°C of fever and a very disturbed sleep. She seems a bit better than yesterday though.

On top of that heating is failing again. We can't get the place warmer than 17°C (that 63°F for the Muricans). Hot water works.

I have to go back to do some house work, we haven't lifted a finger to clean or tidy the place since Friday and it looks like a bomb has been dropped on a junk yard...
This sounds like the worst development ever. My best for your daughter's, yours, and the heating's swift recovery!
Post edited February 07, 2016 by HypersomniacLive
CarrionCrow: For fuck's sake, man...

Try to hang in there as best you can. Will keep hoping you, yours and your situation in general stop getting kicked in the teeth so damned much.
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder what mischievous god(s) I might have pissed off... Can't be Bastet though...

EndreWhiteMane: Having a home and family is worth every one of the challenges it takes, sometimes a break is nice though.
Here's hoping that you get one very, very soon.
*I don't hug guys but here's one anyway hug*
Thank you!

HypersomniacLive: This sounds like the worst development ever. My best for your daughter's, yours, and the heating's swift recovery!
Thanks for the heads-up, also in chat!
Attachments:
Post edited February 07, 2016 by toxicTom
toxicTom: Photo of LIly
Absolutely gorgeous, and something tells me she had a very unique personality too.
Hope that the pain of her loss subsides soon, so that only the happy memories accompany you always.
the Drawn games are now on Steam.

hooray!
Oh, the fun of roommates going back and forth as they try to figure out how to use their new toys.
Course, I'm now on the hook since I took it over. If everything goes wrong, it's my fault.
Ah well. Screw it. At least it made them stop going on and on about it. -laughs-
I admit defeat, I'm too dumb to figure out what seems to be the final puzzle in Chapter One of Silence of the Sleep. I mean, I get how it *should* work, but I just can't make it work. Apparently the next chapter (and onward) is full of instakills thanks to enemies that just have to get within half a room's length, so I'm not too torn up over it, I'll just watch a walkthrough of it.

In the hour or so I spent with it I'll reaffirm that it seems like a straight clone of Downfall/The Cat Lady, which in itself isn't a bad thing as that's a great style to ape. Movement is a bit clunky just like most games of this style (The Cat Lady, Neverending Nightmares, etc) but the main character can run, so that's one thing it has over The Cat Lady. Ms Ashworth, bless her heart, never could find the will to run even when chased by monsters.

Edit: Fun little story. Just went to WalMart a few hours ago, while my father and I were looking around in the clearance section (found a Ps2 game! but it was one of those singing games) some drunk guy wandered up, asked us where something is (we have no idea, it wasn't our usual WalMart) and got mad when we couldn't help. He staggered off, yelled at some WalMart worker and staggered back over to us, cursed about (and at) us because we didn't help, acted like he wanted to fight for a minute or two and finally wandered off for good.

Or the short version of that story: At WalMart some drunk guy wanted to fight my father and I because he thought we were WalMart employees and that we weren't helping him. Neither one of us were dressed even close to WalMart workers, heck I was wearing jean shorts and boots.
Post edited February 08, 2016 by NoNewTaleToTell
NoNewTaleToTell: I admit defeat, I'm too dumb to figure out what seems to be the final puzzle in Chapter One of Silence of the Sleep. I mean, I get how it *should* work, but I just can't make it work. Apparently the next chapter (and onward) is full of instakills thanks to enemies that just have to get within half a room's length, so I'm not too torn up over it, I'll just watch a walkthrough of it.

In the hour or so I spent with it I'll reaffirm that it seems like a straight clone of Downfall/The Cat Lady, which in itself isn't a bad thing as that's a great style to ape. Movement is a bit clunky just like most games of this style (The Cat Lady, Neverending Nightmares, etc) but the main character can run, so that's one thing it has over The Cat Lady. Ms Ashworth, bless her heart, never could find the will to run even when chased by monsters.

Edit: Fun little story. Just went to WalMart a few hours ago, while my father and I were looking around in the clearance section (found a Ps2 game! but it was one of those singing games) some drunk guy wandered up, asked us where something is (we have no idea, it wasn't our usual WalMart) and got mad when we couldn't help. He staggered off, yelled at some WalMart worker and staggered back over to us, cursed about (and at) us because we didn't help, acted like he wanted to fight for a minute or two and finally wandered off for good.

Or the short version of that story: At WalMart some drunk guy wanted to fight my father and I because he thought we were WalMart employees and that we weren't helping him. Neither one of us were dressed even close to WalMart workers, heck I was wearing jean shorts and boots.
Okay, so...Silence of the Sleep can be skipped if you already own Downfall and Cat Lady, and some people need to be banned from ever drinking since they obviously can't do it without being a braindead asshole. Got it. =)
Quiet around here with RayMan out of town.
Hello to any lurkers. ;)
EndreWhiteMane: Quiet around here with RayMan out of town.
Hello to any lurkers. ;)
Hi.
...wait a sec...
DOGGONE IT! I DID IT AGAIN!
Hello to any lurkers. ;)
Good evening. =)

How's your weekend been going?
Hello to any lurkers. ;)
CarrionCrow: Good evening. =)

How's your weekend been going?
Average boring weekend, just the way I like it. ;)
How about you?
EndreWhiteMane: Average boring weekend, just the way I like it. ;)
How about you?
Boring beats exciting. Exciting usually means something's gone wrong.

About the same here. Did some stuff around the house, did some cooking with the roommates, that's about as active as it got.
Now it's playing something light until I get in the mood for something heavier. (Also to keep myself from having to play more Duke Nukem at the moment.)
How do you know a game is shit?
When you look online for a wiki, just so you know how many more levels you have to suffer through before beating it.
*hugs and waves*

CarrionCrow: How do you know a game is shit?
When you look online for a wiki, just so you know how many more levels you have to suffer through before beating it.
Oh yeah. I was playing a game in the last weeks I got during the time I was buying bundles and that thing is so boring, I looked how much longer it will take... and then decided to take a break from it, since I was not even half through :D
moonshineshadow: *hugs and waves*

CarrionCrow: How do you know a game is shit?
moonshineshadow: Oh yeah. I was playing a game in the last weeks I got during the time I was buying bundles and that thing is so boring, I looked how much longer it will take... and then decided to take a break from it, since I was not even half through :D
-big good morning waves in return- =)

-laughing- That does indeed sound very similar.
I'm playing Duke Nukem Forever and I can feel my brain cells committing mass suicide to escape. What were you playing?