It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: Alright. Time for me to try to get some sleep. I wish you all a great evening / night and i'll see you soon. I hope you're all are going to have a great week :)
*big hugs and waves*
Have a good trip, Mr T! Take care of yourself! And have a good night, too.
*really big hug with fluffy pillows*
Post edited February 07, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
EndreWhiteMane: Something fun I never knew existed.
I think I heard someone mention that shortly before Fallout 4 came out, but I've never played it.
CarrionCrow: I just sat through the most boring, broken game of air hockey ever created.
What's worse is that I just did that while playing an FPS, and I had to do so in order to get life bar upgrades.

Fuck. This. Game.
ElTerprise: Let me guess.....DNF?

------------------------
Alright. Time for me to try to get some sleep. I wish you all a great evening / night and i'll see you soon. I hope you're all are going to have a great week :)
*big hugs and waves*
Night ELT, sleep well. Be safe and enjoy your trip.
CarrionCrow: I just sat through the most boring, broken game of air hockey ever created.
What's worse is that I just did that while playing an FPS, and I had to do so in order to get life bar upgrades.

Fuck. This. Game.
Very slightly reminds me of a couple of ESPN games I had for the Ps2. Some Hockey game and ESPN NFL 2k5 (the best football game ever!), both had an unlockable air hockey game that had a just brutal difficulty. Air hockey in non-air hockey games (is there an air hockey game?) tends to be pretty unbearable.

Edit: ESPN NFL 2k5, not 2k4.
Post edited February 07, 2016 by NoNewTaleToTell
NoNewTaleToTell: Very slightly reminds me of a couple of ESPN games I had for the Ps2. Some Hockey game and ESPN NFL 2k4 (the best football game ever!), both had an unlockable air hockey game that had a just brutal difficulty. Air hockey in non-air hockey games (is there an air hockey game?) tends to be pretty unbearable.
The brutality for the Duke Nukem Forever air hockey mini-game is in the controls being terrible. On a controller, it's even worse.
CarrionCrow: The brutality for the Duke Nukem Forever air hockey mini-game is in the controls being terrible. On a controller, it's even worse.
And it was more or less mandatory? Fun fun fun.
Argh, fell asleep after some XCOM and episodes of Portlandia... Was trying to just nap an hour or so...
Oh well, at least I'm up and running (figuratively speaking) at 6 a.m.

I read Agent's latest FTL adventures... It was really fun to read. Sorry for your loss. Hope your next adventure will allow you to build a stronger ship before that sort of heavy fighting happens!

Also was delighted to have been on board, and no hard feelings for being thrown out ^__^ ... I should have honed my intergalactic skills more, and concentrated less on burning soup :P
Post edited February 07, 2016 by superstande
NoNewTaleToTell: And it was more or less mandatory? Fun fun fun.
There are a bunch of stupid, cheap looking and feeling mini-games you can do to raise Duke's life bar maximum. It's useful since health regenerates and even the actual combat feels like shit when you play it.
For me, it's mandatory when I find them because every time I die sends me back to the ridiculously long load screen. The less I die, the sooner it's all over.
Crow, by the way... I read about your vague interest in fighting games... :)
I'm not sure if you want any recommendations... I also suck at these games...
but I bought Samurai Shodown 2 and have enjoyed that.
It seems not to be available from Steam, but it's about $5 drm-free from Humble...
Then again you might not want to buy any more games at the moment...
But SS2 at least got good reviews, and from what I gather, it's the best of the series.
this site seems to cover a lot of the genre: http://fightersgeneration.com/
superstande: Crow, by the way... I read about your vague interest in fighting games... :)
I'm not sure if you want any recommendations... I also suck at these games...
but I bought Samurai Shodown 2 and have enjoyed that.
It seems not to be available from Steam, but it's about $5 drm-free from Humble...
Then again you might not want to buy any more games at the moment...
But SS2 at least got good reviews, and from what I gather, it's the best of the series.
this site seems to cover a lot of the genre: http://fightersgeneration.com/
Thank you for the heads-up, I appreciate it. =)

Used to play Samurai Shodown 2 in arcades, it was a favorite. Liked it quite a bit.
CarrionCrow: Thank you for the heads-up, I appreciate it. =)

Used to play Samurai Shodown 2 in arcades, it was a favorite. Liked it quite a bit.
You're welcome :)
Ah, so you know it :)
Also, the program I needed to get a controller working, was x360ce. I guess that's needed for some controllers at least.
superstande: You're welcome :)
Ah, so you know it :)
Also, the program I needed to get a controller working, was x360ce. I guess that's needed for some controllers at least.
I used to play it whenever I had a chance at the local arcade. Wasn't very good, but played it a bit.

Ugh...that's always a pain in the ass. It'd be nice if someone could manage some uniformity, make the plug and play universal.
CarrionCrow: I used to play it whenever I had a chance at the local arcade. Wasn't very good, but played it a bit.

Ugh...that's always a pain in the ass. It'd be nice if someone could manage some uniformity, make the plug and play universal.
Yeah that would be nice. It can't be too difficult...
Gog managed to incorporate dosbox into older games, and probably that's involved a lot of work, and was probably a helluva lot more challenging than just a controller plug'n'play thing.
One good thing about x360ce is, once it's configured to work with one game, you can use that configuration with other games. Only problem is, not all games seem to work with that one configuration... so far Samurai Shodown 2 has been that exception... took me about an extra hour to make it work.
Post edited February 07, 2016 by superstande
So I finally got around to starting Silence of the Sleep (I haven't been in much of a gaming mood the past few days) and man oh man...it definitely feels like a clone of The Cat Lady and Downfall. The first five minutes felt like a near exact mishmash of Downfall and The Cat Lady's intros, yeesh. That said, it seems like it'll be fun, even if it feels like a direct ripoff and maybe it'll find its own voice soon.
AgentBirdnest: ... FTL diary, entry 8...
It is never easy to lose a crew member... We have the opportunity to hire a Rockman. His strength and his ability to put out Agent's fires are invaluable to the ship's security. Unfortunately, hiring him means that we'll have to let someone else go. Diversity is important on our ship, and since we already have three humans, we need to let one go. The crew has a tough decision, but ultimately, they decide that the "burnt fish soup incident" was just too unforgiveable to keep the shield system expert around. No hard feelings, and the rest of the crew hopes they can remain friends with you :-p
The crew welcomes the new Rockman: Socco.
I'm not sure why nobody said this before, or if they did and I wasn't paying attention, but come on guys, these diary entry things were fun.
No love for the guy who shared 'em with us?