It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: Okay, but you have to be the one I play against. And no dodging out of the way. :-)

Don't worry, you can be chair umpire. I will get you an umbrella :-)
adaliabooks: Do I get an umbrella too? :(

Or at least a tennis racket with no holes in it?
omg I didn't even think about THAT! hahahahahahha. oh soooo gross. so gross. ew. gack. hahaha
ddickinson: [...]

Edit: 6000th post! Where's my prize? :-)
You already have a great prize in your gifts tab, but you refuse to see it! ;-) ;-)

And sorry for bypassing the discussion, but it revives plenty of my own painful memories, so forgive me for wanting to stay out of it.

penumbren: [...]
Anyone else suspect they did an adventure game promo because they didn't release any of the much-wanted LA adventure games? :P
Now that you mention it...
ddickinson: That's good to hear. I'm used to mud as well. We had an inspector come from the government a few years ago who thought it was smart to wear high heal shoes on the farm, expensive looking ones as well. It was so fun seeing her get them all muddy, especially after the comment she made about me wearing boots (apparently they were not flattering for a lady to wear). :-)
We had a social worker come to our house a few years ago to do a homestudy (we're trying to adopt). She got out of her car, looked around and said "god, that was a long drive ... who would want to live here?"

Way to start things off on the right foot!
HypersomniacLive: And sorry for bypassing the discussion, but it revives plenty of my own painful memories, so forgive me for wanting to stay out of it.
I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. I should have left all that talk out of it, sorry. *big I'm sorry hug?*

hummer010: We had a social worker come to our house a few years ago to do a homestudy (we're trying to adopt). She got out of her car, looked around and said "god, that was a long drive ... who would want to live here?"

Way to start things off on the right foot!
I can't think of a better place for a child to grow up than outside in the countryside. But then I'm bound to say that :-). Is it difficult to adopt in Canada? I know that in the UK it can be quite hard, especially with all the red tape and waiting.
CarrionCrow: Good afternoon. =)

Been there, done that, and it's no fun at all.
Will hope that the side effects either start to decrease quickly, or the doctor gets you onto something that doesn't put you into a miniature coma every day.
EndreWhiteMane: Thanks, I'm sure we'll get it figured out. To tell the truth feeling crappy is something I'm getting used.
The person that came up with the line "You're not getting older you're getting better" should die a slow painful death. ;)
Ah well, I just refer to it as the "Tarnished Years". :-)
Yeah, that's a pretty bullshit statement.
Like pretty much everything else you can think of, it's got pros and cons.

If it's any consolation, from what I've seen you say, you've got a better general mindset than I do, and you've got a few years on me.
The ability to maintain that over time is admirable.
ddickinson: I can't think of a better place for a child to grow up than outside in the countryside. But then I'm bound to say that :-). Is it difficult to adopt in Canada? I know that in the UK it can be quite hard, especially with all the red tape and waiting.
We've been working on it for about four years. We've been on the waiting list for over three years. We've got a self imposed deadline of December 2015. If it hasn't happened by then, hummer jr. is going to grow up an only child.
Crewdroog: You are a good daughter. It is different I think when it is family. Although those nurses should know better than to react like that. when you are sick you are so vulnerable, the last thing you want to do is make them feel self-conscious. I've had my share of smells working in a hospital and never have I made it known I was repulsed. Even the dude that yacked up the ball o'phlegm, I kept my composure.
ddickinson: Sadly a lot of her medical care at the time was poor. The nurses were not the best in the world (you would think they were still training), and neither was her surgeon (he did a poor job and caused my mother more problems). Luckily we moved her to a better hospital and things started to pick up.

Edit: 6000th post! Where's my prize? :-)
You can have the "Best of GOG" gift package, including such timeless gems as Fahrenheit, Daikatana, Iron Storm, Phantasmagoria 2, Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude, Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death, and last but certainly not least, Hatoful Boyfriend!
ddickinson, can i borrow the cow-tapult please?
HypersomniacLive: I'm actually better than I would have expected, but then I had good support in various forms here, thanks everyone. And penumbren did me a great favour by posting about the Elders Playing videos, was some great distraction during the early hours when I couldn't sleep.
penumbren: I'm glad I could help in some little way. :)

HypersomniacLive: Nice weekend promo, quite refreshing and very welcome with all the Star Wars (read: non-adventures) releases. Is anyone getting anything or is everyone overspent already?
penumbren: I'm only missing four games from this one and I'm seriously considering just picking them all up. Anyone else suspect they did an adventure game promo because they didn't release any of the much-wanted LA adventure games? :P
Yes, that thought occurred to me as well. It feels like the promo is the consolation prize for people chomping at the bit for some classic point-and-clicks.

ddickinson: No umbrella, and who said you even get a racket to begin with? :-)
A raincoat then?
EndreWhiteMane: Mornin', how's Woodstock today? ;)
gunsynd: Gidday Endre,
Not bad,looks like Crow is finally asleep:-)
Good morning. =)

Not asleep, can't hurt myself with Soulstorm and type in the thread at the same time since its windowed mode is a broken pile of ass.

How're you doing today?

EndreWhiteMane: I garden 8 1/2 months of the year, I consider mud a good thing. :-)
ddickinson: That's good to hear. I'm used to mud as well. We had an inspector come from the government a few years ago who thought it was smart to wear high heal shoes on the farm, expensive looking ones as well. It was so fun seeing her get them all muddy, especially after the comment she made about me wearing boots (apparently they were not flattering for a lady to wear). :-)

Crewdroog: oh god, that is NOT making me feel better! lol
ddickinson: Okay, how about you can be in the bar enjoying a nice meal and some drinks. :-)

Stupidity - one of those things that truly transcends all borders. -laughs-
Post edited January 23, 2015 by CarrionCrow
Finally off work! Going home for a shower, a nice hot bath, and some relaxation. I hope you all have a wonderful day/afternoon/evening! *hugs all around*

hummer010: We've been working on it for about four years. We've been on the waiting list for over three years. We've got a self imposed deadline of December 2015. If it hasn't happened by then, hummer jr. is going to grow up an only child.
I hope things turn out okay. It must be so hard, but I really hope things will work out for you. *hug*

CarrionCrow: You can have the "Best of GOG" gift package, including such timeless gems as Fahrenheit, Daikatana, Iron Storm, Phantasmagoria 2, Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude, Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death, and last but certainly not least, Hatoful Boyfriend!
I actually liked Iron Storm. It might not be the best, but it was a bit of fun. As for that damn pigeon game, you can keep that to add to your collection. :-)

Crewdroog: ddickinson, can i borrow the cow-tapult please?
Help yourself, anytime you want some of my toys, you are always welcome to share. :-)

adaliabooks: A raincoat then?
Nope, just a mankini :-)
Post edited January 23, 2015 by ddickinson
ddickinson: Finally off work! Going home for a shower, a nice hot bath, and some relaxation. I hope you all have a wonderful day/afternoon/evening! *hugs all around*
You too, D. Have a good evening. =)

Also, I already have Hatoful Boyfriend...
Yes, I know. -laughs-
Post edited January 23, 2015 by CarrionCrow
low rated
gunsynd: Gidday Endre,
Not bad,looks like Crow is finally asleep:-)
CarrionCrow: Good morning. =)

Not asleep, can't hurt myself with Soulstorm and type in the thread at the same time since its windowed mode is a broken pile of ass.

How're you doing today?

Okay, how about you can be in the bar enjoying a nice meal and some drinks. :-)

No umbrella, and who said you even get a racket to begin with? :-)
CarrionCrow: Stupidity - one of those things that truly transcends all borders. -laughs-
Good mate good..
Seeya dd
Post edited January 23, 2015 by gunsynd
*charges DD in a childlike fashion* waaaarg!
*glomps* Hello.
ddickinson: Finally off work! Going home for a shower, a nice hot bath, and some relaxation. I hope you all have a wonderful day/afternoon/evening! *hugs all around*

I hope things turn out okay. It must be so hard, but I really hope things will work out for you. *hug*

I actually liked Iron Storm. It might not be the best, but it was a bit of fun. As for that damn pigeon game, you can keep that to add to your collection. :-)

Help yourself, anytime you want some of my toys, you are always welcome to share. :-)

Nope, just a mankini :-)