It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

moonshineshadow: Good afternoon Crow *hug* How are you doing?
CarrionCrow: Good evening. =)

Okay here, fighting past a shot of quasi-narcolepsy with more coffee.

How's the evening treating you? (Aside from the bastard headache, that is.)
Good. I arrived at home and having some great dinner now. So I am quite happy :D
Post edited January 23, 2015 by moonshineshadow
CarrionCrow: Good evening. =)

Okay here, fighting past a shot of quasi-narcolepsy with more coffee.

How's the evening treating you? (Aside from the bastard headache, that is.)
moonshineshadow: Good. I arrived at home and having some great dinner now. So I am quite happy :D
ooo! what's for dinner?
Crewdroog: I think it is really good for kids to learn that kinda stuff. They need to know where chicken, beef and pork come from. It's not just a package at the store. Hopefully it makes them appreciate meat more.
A few classes were actually for biology or people doing veterinary courses at college. But most are just school trips to see where food comes from. It is interesting though, and most of them can't believe how big a cows heart is and all the different organs. Hopefully they do leave with a bit of appreciation for the meat and the amount of work the farmer has to do to get them that meat.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you teach wound care?
So how is everyone today? I was just told by my boss that I may be getting more hours at work, so that is good news. Then I felt guilty for jacking a salad and some chicken wings on my way out. I thought he was stopping about that actually. But he said that the night manager has commented that I am always willing to come in if they call when busy and I never complain about staying late to clean up like the other folk do. I guess because I can not afford to go to the bar with them after work...also I am not old enough but that is beside the point.
EndreWhiteMane: Doctor wants me to hang in and grit my teeth till Monday and see how the meds go. I can do that.
My finances would be OK if people would work with me, which they usually will. Everyone one wants 'all of it, right now' so it gets a bit sticky. I'll work it out though, not like it's the first time I've been broke, as a matter of fact it seems the 'norm'. ;)
Hopefully the situation changes for the better or he gets you on meds that work without such side-effects.

You have no idea how much I can relate to the part I've highlighted...

LaPtiteBete: [...]

Hmm... Golden Wake (I'm curious about this one), and the 2 old Simon :-)
What about you ?

[...]
Glad you're all fine.

Good choices all around.

I'm missing only two games from the promo, and with one of them being Simon the Sorcerer 3D, I practically only miss one - Personal Nightmare, haven't decided yet if I'll get it now or not.
Funny thing is that my Secret Santa giftee had Simon the Sorcerer 3D on their wishlist, but I couldn't bring myself to gift it to them.

LaPtiteBete: [...]

Well, I hope you'll be more lucky the next months... :-| Money troubles really suck.
They do, don't they? Mine started about 3-4 years ago, but thanks for the wishes, I could certainly use a break.

ddickinson: I'm so glad to hear you are doing okay, and that the awesome people on here have been able to help.

*more mud hugs* :-)

[...]
I think I'll stay in these clothes for a bit longer, just in case. ;-P

ddickinson: [...]

You're welcome. Just be thankful it is only mud. I have been covered in just about everything you can think of, especially after doing some butchering. :-)

[...]
Thanks for putting all these vivid images in my head. I was about to have a snack, but I think I'll pass now.
moonshineshadow: Good. I arrived at home and having some great dinner now. So I am quite happy :D
Crewdroog: ooo! what's for dinner?
I made lentil soup *yummy*
Crewdroog: I think it is really good for kids to learn that kinda stuff. They need to know where chicken, beef and pork come from. It's not just a package at the store. Hopefully it makes them appreciate meat more.
ddickinson: A few classes were actually for biology or people doing veterinary courses at college. But most are just school trips to see where food comes from. It is interesting though, and most of them can't believe how big a cows heart is and all the different organs. Hopefully they do leave with a bit of appreciation for the meat and the amount of work the farmer has to do to get them that meat.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you teach wound care?
At a large university hospital in Pennsylvania. I miss doing that, I loved it. Maybe someday down the road I'll get back to it. :)
Crewdroog: ooo! what's for dinner?
moonshineshadow: I made lentil soup *yummy*
ah lentil soup. perfect winter food! :)
Post edited January 23, 2015 by Crewdroog
TrissMerigoldsMan: So how is everyone today? I was just told by my boss that I may be getting more hours at work, so that is good news. Then I felt guilty for jacking a salad and some chicken wings on my way out. I thought he was stopping about that actually. But he said that the night manager has commented that I am always willing to come in if they call when busy and I never complain about staying late to clean up like the other folk do. I guess because I can not afford to go to the bar with them after work...also I am not old enough but that is beside the point.
Good for you on the hours, AND for having a conscience. ;)
HypersomniacLive: I'm missing only two games from the promo, and with one of them being Simon the Sorcerer 3D, I practically only miss one - Personal Nightmare, haven't decided yet if I'll get it now or not.
What is holding you back? Not sure if you'll like the game?
Crewdroog: This is so true. I've been puked, peed, pooped and bled on. I've been elbows deep in human intestine. No problems. Phlegm on the other hand? Even just spitting makes my stomach turn. I remember one time a person yacked up a phlegm ball the color and size of a tennis ball in front of me. Almost lost my breakfast on him.
Not really a story for here, so I won't go into detail, but the one time I did see human insides was quite a different feeling from when I see animal insides. I think it was because it's a person not an animal, or maybe because of whose they were (one was me and the other a good friend, who sadly died). I never puked though, but then I had more important things running through my mind at the time.

Phlegm tennis. The next big thing at the Olympics. :-)

Crewdroog: At a large university hospital in Pennsylvania. I miss doing that, I loved it. Maybe someday down the road I'll get back to it. :)
It does sound very interesting. And for some reason I pictures you as your dinosaur avatar wearing a nurses outfit trying to reach a patient with those small arms. Just be careful around Endre, he has a habit of kidnapping pretty nurses and taking them home. :-)

Edit: I actually think my fingers are turning a little blue in this cold wind. A bit longer and I can get home for a quick shower to wash off all the dirt and a nice long soak in a hot bath. :-)
Post edited January 23, 2015 by ddickinson
Crewdroog: This is so true. I've been puked, peed, pooped and bled on. I've been elbows deep in human intestine. No problems. Phlegm on the other hand? Even just spitting makes my stomach turn. I remember one time a person yacked up a phlegm ball the color and size of a tennis ball in front of me. Almost lost my breakfast on him.
ddickinson: Not really a story for here, so I won't go into detail, but the one time I did see human insides was quite a different feeling from when I see animal insides. I think it was because it's a person not an animal, or maybe because of whose they were (one was me and the other a good friend, who sadly died). I never puked though, but then I had more important things running through my mind at the time.

Phlegm tennis. The next big thing at the Olympics. :-)
Crewdroog: At a large university hospital in Pennsylvania. I miss doing that, I loved it. Maybe someday down the road I'll get back to it. :)
ddickinson: It does sound very interesting. And for some reason I pictures you as your dinosaur avatar wearing a nurses outfit trying to reach a patient with those small arms. Just be careful around Endre, he has a habit of kidnapping pretty nurses and taking them home. :-)
Well I've never been a nurse, so I think I'm safe. :)

And phlegm tennis... omg stop, you are evil like the devil! lol
EndreWhiteMane: Morning people of the world! Well, some of it anyway. ;)
Slept for nearly 13 straight hours, that's actually kinda scary, these new meds aren't working out so good. :/
Had to do a lot of catching up but Moon, I hope you feel better real soon, and I won't eat any Swamp Stew. ;)
Off to get a cup of coffee now.
CarrionCrow: Good afternoon. =)

Been there, done that, and it's no fun at all.
Will hope that the side effects either start to decrease quickly, or the doctor gets you onto something that doesn't put you into a miniature coma every day.
Thanks, I'm sure we'll get it figured out. To tell the truth feeling crappy is something I'm getting used.
The person that came up with the line "You're not getting older you're getting better" should die a slow painful death. ;)
Ah well, I just refer to it as the "Tarnished Years". :-)
Crewdroog: Well I've never been a nurse, so I think I'm safe. :)

One of the many times my mother has been seriously ill in hospital, I think it was the first time she got really ill, she was coughing up stuff that looked almost fluorescent green. The smell alone was enough to make some of the nurses step back. They gave me a funny luck when I never moved. Even if I wanted to step back I wouldn't, I would never do that to my mother, especially when she was going through so much.
Crewdroog: Well I've never been a nurse, so I think I'm safe. :)

ddickinson: One of the many times my mother has been seriously ill in hospital, I think it was the first time she got really ill, she was coughing up stuff that looked almost fluorescent green. The smell alone was enough to make some of the nurses step back. They gave me a funny luck when I never moved. Even if I wanted to step back I wouldn't, I would never do that to my mother, especially when she was going through so much.
You are a good daughter. It is different I think when it is family. Although those nurses should know better than to react like that. when you are sick you are so vulnerable, the last thing you want to do is make them feel self-conscious. I've had my share of smells working in a hospital and never have I made it known I was repulsed. Even the dude that yacked up the ball o'phlegm, I kept my composure.
Crewdroog: You are a good daughter. It is different I think when it is family. Although those nurses should know better than to react like that. when you are sick you are so vulnerable, the last thing you want to do is make them feel self-conscious. I've had my share of smells working in a hospital and never have I made it known I was repulsed. Even the dude that yacked up the ball o'phlegm, I kept my composure.
Sadly a lot of her medical care at the time was poor. The nurses were not the best in the world (you would think they were still training), and neither was her surgeon (he did a poor job and caused my mother more problems). Luckily we moved her to a better hospital and things started to pick up.

Edit: 6000th post! Where's my prize? :-)
Post edited January 23, 2015 by ddickinson