It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CarrionCrow: Good afternoon. =)

Can't complain here. Thinking of buying alcohol later and getting silly, fall down, pass out drunk, so at least I'm forming a plan for the day.

How are you doing?
ddickinson: That sounds like a plan. But won't that make the heat worse? Alcohol tends to dehydrate and make the heat worse? But as long as you have a nice time, and let us see you being silly, then it sounds good. :-)

I am doing good, thank you. It's been a long and hard day, but at least there has been a nice breeze, even if it is still very warm.
l0rdtr3k: In a gameplay level,it's better and more balanced then the original and I like the Firefly feel of it but it lacks the epicness of the original and I really didn't liked her original voice,I prefer the new one.
Adn Legacy of the Void promisses a lot for closing up the saga.
*SPOILERS*

At least Kerrigan kills Mengsk at the end of the expansion.

*SPOILERS*
ddickinson: As I said, I am glad to hear you like the game, but it's not one I will ever be getting. I guess I just prefer the original one too much.
Can I at least hug my onee-chan?Have you played Heroes of the Storm? Is a great intro to MOBAs since it's quite a simple "fun first" sort of game with the level of polish you expect from Blizzard.
l0rdtr3k: In a gameplay level,it's better and more balanced then the original and I like the Firefly feel of it but it lacks the epicness of the original and I really didn't liked her original voice,I prefer the new one.
Adn Legacy of the Void promisses a lot for closing up the saga.
*SPOILERS*

At least Kerrigan kills Mengsk at the end of the expansion.

*SPOILERS*
CarrionCrow: Will pass on that one. After the disappointment of Diablo 3, being too bored with World of Warcraft to even hate it (hard to get a good rage burst going when all I want to do while playing is take a nap), Hearthstone being a ploy to get players to buy more and more and more digital booster packs, along with having to deal with their dogshit DRM, Blizzard's going to need to put out a new Lost Vikings for me to start giving anything resembling a shit about them again.
You dare disagree with the Blob? You must be slimmed!
*slimes your feathers*
Post edited July 03, 2015 by l0rdtr3k
ddickinson: That sounds like a plan. But won't that make the heat worse? Alcohol tends to dehydrate and make the heat worse? But as long as you have a nice time, and let us see you being silly, then it sounds good. :-)

I am doing good, thank you. It's been a long and hard day, but at least there has been a nice breeze, even if it is still very warm.
With enough to drink, I won't care about dehydration. Hell, I won't even feel it at that point.

That's good. Can't imagine that heavy farmwork is much fun when you're slowly roasting all day long.
l0rdtr3k: Can I at least hug my onee-chan?Have you played Heroes of the Storm? Is a great intro to MOBAs since it's quite a simple "fun first" sort of game with the level of polish you expect from Blizzard.
Of course you can. *big hug* :-)

I have not played Heroes of the Storm. I have never been a fan of online multiplayer games. I am a single player kind of gamer, with the occasional real life multiplayer with my brothers or my partner now and then.
l0rdtr3k: You dare disagree with the Blob? You must be slimmed!
*slimes your feathers*
This reminds me that I still have to reinstall the DRM garbage, then reinstall Diablo 3 so I can beat the damned thing fully, hardcore inferno runs for all characters, and call it dead. Then I can uninstall everything again since it's the only game I have through them.
Post edited July 03, 2015 by CarrionCrow
l0rdtr3k: I really want to hug you in person.Sad that we live so far away from each other :(
BTW,SC2 is not that bad.It's a great game but it doesn't beat the original.Same goes with Diablo 3.
ddickinson: StarCraft 2 is bad, just look how they turned Kerrigan into some weak woman who is helpless and needed big strong Raynor to come and rescue her. And the fact the refused the original voice actress to come back for Kerrigan as they wanted some bigger celebrity actress to do the voice, and the new voice was no where near as good. I am glad you like it, but for me it does not even come close to the original game.
Naming these reasons for a game to be bad... No.
It's their story. They can write what they want. Does it leave a good impression? No. Does it automatically make a game bad? No.

Is SC2 a bad game? No. Far from it.
Is it worse than SCBW? Yup.

I just favour the more strategic aspect of BW over the rather macro orientated gameplay of SC2. In SCBW it actually mattered where you position your units, e.g. siege tanks. And 1 well positioned tank could actually make a real difference.
SC2 just feels like it doesn't matter as much how i position my units as long as I have more than the enemy.
I know that is objectively not entirely true on the highest skill level, but on Plat / Diamond it sure was.

BNet 2.0 was literally a downgrade and the multiplayer matches were fucked anyway, because people could leave a game unpunished all the time.
CarrionCrow: With enough to drink, I won't care about dehydration. Hell, I won't even feel it at that point.

That's good. Can't imagine that heavy farmwork is much fun when you're slowly roasting all day long.
That's true. Just make sure you don't pass out drunk out under the sun. We wouldn't want you to cook.

It can be quite annoying, but as long as the breeze is there it's not too bad. The heat will get worse no doubt, but I think the animals find it just as hard to cope, if not more so.

GreenDamsel: ...
And here I was thinking I had my own mind and could make my own decisions on what I consider elements that make a game bad. :-)
Post edited July 03, 2015 by ddickinson
GreenDamsel: Naming these reasons for a game to be bad... No.
It's their story. They can write what they want. Does it leave a good impression? No. Does it automatically make a game bad? No.

Is SC2 a bad game? No. Far from it.
Is it worse than SCBW? Yup.

I just favour the more strategic aspect of BW over the rather macro orientated gameplay of SC2. In SCBW it actually mattered where you position your units, e.g. siege tanks. And 1 well positioned tank could actually make a real difference.
SC2 just feels like it doesn't matter as much how i position my units as long as I have more than the enemy.
I know that is objectively not entirely true on the highest skill level, but on Plat / Diamond it sure was.

BNet 2.0 was literally a downgrade and the multiplayer matches were fucked anyway, because people could leave a game unpunished all the time.
ddickinson: And here I was thinking I had my own mind and could make my own decisions on what I consider elements that make a game bad. :-)

If you like it then fine, but to tell someone that their reasons for not liking it are not valid just because you don't agree seems a little much.
I didn't say they are not valid. They are just not enough to base judgement on, imho. What you said was that Starcraft 2 is a bad game. You could've said that you don't like it and I wouldn't have said anything.
This way it looked more like political opinions clouding judgement, which I try to combat whenever I can.

Edit: Did it sound like I like it?^^
Post edited July 03, 2015 by GreenDamsel
GreenDamsel: I didn't say they are not valid. What you said was that Starcraft 2 is a bad game. You could've said that you don't like it and I wouldn't have said anything.
This way it looked more like political opinions clouding judgement, which I try to combat whenever I can.
Political opinions? I was not aware my comment had political opinions.
GreenDamsel: I didn't say they are not valid. What you said was that Starcraft 2 is a bad game. You could've said that you don't like it and I wouldn't have said anything.
ddickinson: Political opinions? I was not aware my comment had political opinions.
It did sound an awful lot like feminism. I do apologize if I misunderstood that.
GreenDamsel: It did sound an awful lot like feminism. I do apologize if I misunderstood that.
I see, you took my comment about the change of Kerrigan to be some social justice crap? It was not intended like that. I won't deny that the change in her character from a strong woman to a weak woman in need of saving was not annoying, and could be seen as many to be sexist, but my comment was not intended as a feminist remark. It was just an observation about a character, not based on the gender, just the character (if that makes sense).

It seems that these days a small group of feminists and social justice people have made remarking on elements of games that could be deemed sexist something that is treated as just overreacting feminism, instead of genuine remarks and opinions. Games are quite sexist, but then they are made by men. Men create what they like and what they know, and the whole "white knight" saving the damsel is an old story element and something boys read about when growing up, so it's bound to be in games. I don't mind in the slightest, although some games do push sexism too far, and some things are just silly (like bikini armour on the women, and full plate armour on the men).

I apologise if you took my comment as some overly preachy feminist remark, just to express my disappointment in the change of the character. It was not the whole Raynor saving the day thing as such, just the change from how she was, the "Queen Bitch of the Universe" to suddenly all weak and helpless.
*tired hugs and waves*
GreenDamsel: It did sound an awful lot like feminism. I do apologize if I misunderstood that.
ddickinson: I see, you took my comment about the change of Kerrigan to be some social justice crap? It was not intended like that. I won't deny that the change in her character from a strong woman to a weak woman in need of saving was not annoying, and could be seen as many to be sexist, but my comment was not intended as a feminist remark. It was just an observation about a character, not based on the gender, just the character (if that makes sense).

It seems that these days a small group of feminists and social justice people have made remarking on elements of games that could be deemed sexist something that is treated as just overreacting feminism, instead of genuine remarks and opinions. Games are quite sexist, but then they are made by men. Men create what they like and what they know, and the whole "white knight" saving the damsel is an old story element and something boys read about when growing up, so it's bound to be in games. I don't mind in the slightest, although some games do push sexism too far, and some things are just silly (like bikini armour on the women, and full plate armour on the men).

I apologise if you took my comment as some overly preachy feminist remark, just to express my disappointment in the change of the character. It was not the whole Raynor saving the day thing as such, just the change from how she was, the "Queen Bitch of the Universe" to suddenly all weak and helpless.
I see.
And yeah the damsel trope somehow sounds familiar.
moonshineshadow: *tired hugs and waves*
*big tired yet full of energy hug*

How was work, and how are you coping with the weather?

GreenDamsel: I see.
And yeah the damsel trope somehow sounds familiar.
The damsel story is quite common, just look at Mario. But again, I have no problem with it. But I do hate when they change a character just so they can introduce the whole damsel theme. Had Kerrigan been the same in the first game as the second I would not have minded.
Huh, like feminism is some sort of disease. It's about equality, nothing more than that. Some people take it to ridiculous extremes, but there's bound to be people like that everywhere, and they don't represent the majority.
moonshineshadow: *tired hugs and waves*
ddickinson: *big tired yet full of energy hug*

How was work, and how are you coping with the weather?
Work was ok. Just need to finish my report about the course I had this weekend and then I should have done all the urgent stuff :-)
And the weather is annoying ;-)
*big return hug* How about you?