It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: Good day, Agent!

What makes you think you killed off the thread? Did I miss something interesting this morning?
AgentBirdnest: I made a post this morning, and then the thread suddenly died for three hours. I hate when that happens.
(It wasn't interesting. I was just trying to make small talk.)
I'm used to it. XD
low rated
gunsynd: Free For All as in here:-)
j0ekerr: What DD said, however if I may add my two cents.

Australia has a reputation (and reputations can be very misleading things), of being a nanny state. Its policy on videogames is often cited as an example of this.

That aside you just described the common modern politician. Someone who lies through their teeth to get elected, then skims by on incompetence, until it's time to vote again and we get another round of the shell game.
I understand but WE HAVE NO CONTROL over someone implementing stupid ideals or ideas :-)
gunsynd: Howdy:-)

Anyone seen Crow?
j0ekerr: He was playing LoX when I left him.

In other news, I spent 3 hours farming titanite chunks today. Good Lord am I hooked to this game.

On NG+ now, trying to see how fast I can do a run with everything upgraded.
Gidday j0ekerr
Post edited January 17, 2015 by gunsynd
Holed up in the bedroom with a space heater - furnace broke and they can't fix it but plan to replace it on Monday. Thankfully it is not bitterly cold here this weekend!
Momo1991: Holed up in the bedroom with a space heater - furnace broke and they can't fix it but plan to replace it on Monday. Thankfully it is not bitterly cold here this weekend!
AHHHH!!!
I could make some pissy comment about snowfall but at least my heat works. My heart goes out to you.
HHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Hello Momo! I've missed you,how are you?
Momo1991: Holed up in the bedroom with a space heater - furnace broke and they can't fix it but plan to replace it on Monday. Thankfully it is not bitterly cold here this weekend!
Post edited January 17, 2015 by l0rdtr3k
Oh, those are space heaters? Kind of a grand posh name for such a small mundane thing.

I call them foot heaters, or ceramic heaters if I'm feeling particularly snobbish..
Post edited January 17, 2015 by j0ekerr
adaliabooks: I've hit a little bit of a bump. I had some trouble with UI stuff which bogged me down and made me think about stuff (never a good thing XD)
And now I'm reconsidering things a little, having put some more thought into it I may revert to square tile based maps, but there are still some things I need to work out. Reading some articles at the moment.
ddickinson: Are there any big disadvantages of using square based tiles? If you changed it to square tiles, could you change back at a later date if you figure things out, or would it be too hard to do?
I preferred hex tiles for the world map because they make more natural looking shapes. But for the more zoomed in views (for the cities) it's more difficult to place buildings on a hex grid. I'd originally decided to simplify the city planning and not let you place buildings directly, but now I think I will let players have more control over the city planning and building placement.
But changing between square and hex grids is a bit annoying and confusing so it seems to make more sense to stick to one or the other.
So I'm looking at ways to make the world map, how to make it look good, how to randomly generate it.
Ideally I'd love to make a map that you could zoom in and out of to any degree and it would automatically rescale the models and terrain to give the right level of detail and not slow things down, not sure how possible that is with my level of skills.
But I'm wondering if I could something procedurally generated with voxels (think Minecraft, but smaller blocks)
tinyE: AHHHH!!!
I could make some pissy comment about snowfall but at least my heat works. My heart goes out to you.
Well thank god I am totally missing lake effect snowfall that would have been BAU for my last contract... This place gets a couple of inches at most but it does get freaking cold and the wind whipping down the plains doesn't help. But the space heater and the down comforter work. Seems like a good night for a roaring fire too ;-D
Welp, I'm leaving for now. Been in front of the screen killing other undead for too long.

I think I will read some WH40K stuff. I'm in the mood for some literary excess.

And I'm more of a Nurgle guy.
j0ekerr: Oh, those are space heaters? Kind of a grand posh name for such a small mundane thing.

I call them foot heaters, or ceramic heaters if I'm feeling particularly snobbish..
yeah but at least it works - small but mighty. http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/611768/611768073627lg.jpg

~reminds me of loft-living in NYC with no heat Sundays~
AgentBirdnest: I made a post this morning, and then the thread suddenly died for three hours. I hate when that happens.
(It wasn't interesting. I was just trying to make small talk.)
I think we have all done that on this thread at one time or another. Don't let it bother you, we all love having you here and having small talk.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the weather doesn't get too cold and that you will be fine until Monday.

adaliabooks: ...
I have seen some older games using rhombus grids, would that be any good? Or it is a bad shape to work with?

j0ekerr: I think I will read some WH40K stuff. I'm in the mood for some literary excess.
What WH40K stuff are you reading?
Post edited January 17, 2015 by ddickinson
l0rdtr3k: HHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Hello Momo! I've missed you,how are you?
l0rdtr3k:
I am good - tired from a long week at work but otherwise fine and dandy. And it's a three-day weekend here so I plan to loll around and get a lot of rest! Speaking of which, a nap sounds like a truly excellent idea ;-)
We got to 33 today, by far the warmest it's been since November.
low rated
tinyE: We got to 33 today, by far the warmest it's been since November.
Too Hot
Lucky you that has the Black Library.
The Emperor didn't graced my country with it :( He works in mysterious ways.
I want to Read either Eisenhorn or Ultramarines. Are those good?
ddickinson: I think we have all done that on this thread at one time or another. Don't let it bother you, we all love having you here and having small talk.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the weather doesn't get too cold and that you will be fine until Monday.

I have seen some older games using rhombus grids, would that be any good? Or it is a bad shape to work with?

What WH40K stuff are you reading?