It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good morning GOG.

I'm fine tiny owl.

I present you with a request of advice on a choice.

I've decided to buy a Xinput capable controller for the PC.

(For those of you who don't know, Xinput is the driver framework used by xbox controllers, which have become unfortunately ubiquitous in PC gaming. That means an Xinput gamepad will be recognized by windows as an xbox controller even if it's just a knock-off)

And now I must choose between one and these are my options.

Should I go for the Thrustmaster GP Xid retails at 25€ or the Trust GXT 530 which retails at 15€.

What do you think fellow GOGers?
Post edited January 12, 2015 by j0ekerr
j0ekerr: Good morning GOG.

I'm fine tiny owl.

I present you with a request of advice on a choice.

I've decided to buy a Xinput capable controller for the PC.

(For those of you who don't know, Xinput is the driver framework used by xbox controllers, which have become unfortunately ubiquitous in PC gaming. That means an Xinput gamepad will be recognized by windows as an xbox controller even if it's just a knock-off)

And now I must choose between one and these are my options.

Should I go for the Thrustmaster GP Xid retails at 25€ or the Trust GXT 530 which retails at 15€.

Hi J0ekker!
Regarding the controllers, the way I see it, it depends partially on the control scheme you find more confortable. The first choice looks like it has an Xbox360 control scheme, while the second looks like it has a PS3 control scheme. I'd personally go with the second, as the PS3 control scheme is simliar to the PS2, with which I'm familiar (a friend of mine had a PS2), while I'm not familiar with the Xbox360-plus it's 10 euros cheaper! And not only that, but I suspect the PS3-like control scheme is more practical and ergonomical too. But that's just my opinion...
low rated
Hiya j0ekerr

Both look okay to me,personally I think the Thrustmaster GP Xid.
Remember opinions are like arse'oles every one has got one..:-)

Good Night All..
Post edited January 12, 2015 by gunsynd
j0ekerr: Should I go for the Thrustmaster GP Xid retails at 25€ or the Trust GXT 530 which retails at 15€.

Although they don't look too much different I'd go with the cheaper playstation style one. I never liked the Xbox controllers.
If there was an option available I would go for a gamecube style controller, most comfortable controller I've ever used.
I have a slight problem and would like some help from fellow Gogers about it:

Persuade me please not to buy Agarest:Generations of War! It's so cheap, but seeing the remarks about endless grinding make me not want to buy it, but then it's so cheap! etc go the arguments in my head! Just say something that will definitely make me turn away from that game.
And if you can, please persuade me as well not to buy Realms of the Haunting. It seems interesting and stuff and it's cheap too, but I don't know if I'll like the horror element. So (same as Agarest), just say something that will definitely make me turn away from that game.

Thank you in advance :-)

edit-typos
Post edited January 12, 2015 by Treasure
j0ekerr: What do you think fellow GOGers?
Sorry little rabbit, I don't know anything about controllers, I wouldn't give good advice !

Treasure: I have a slight problem and would like some help from fellow Gogers about it:
I'm not fond of manga-style in wargames, but even if I forget this point, the game doesn't seem to have a lot of good reviews... I won't buy it if I were you... and for the second one ; I don't know how much scary it is, but if horror games is not your cup of tea... you shouldn't buy it either... I've made a mistake like this, I bought Outlast durinf the last sales because it had good reviews and costed only a couple of euros. But I definitely can't play it. It scares the sh*t out of me, as you US folks say. I can't even enter in the hospital, I just want to get back in the car and run away, and quick... :-D
Treasure: Persuade me please not to buy Agarest:Generations of War! It's so cheap, but seeing the remarks about endless grinding make me not want to buy it, but then it's so cheap! etc go the arguments in my head! Just say something that will definitely make me turn away from that game.
And if you can, please persuade me as well not to buy Realms of the Haunting. It seems interesting and stuff and it's cheap too, but I don't know if I'll like the horror element. So (same as Agarest), just say something that will definitely make me turn away from that game.

You sound like my aunt. Her house is loaded with random junk she doesn't need, because it was too cheap to pass up.
She had a dinner party once, and bought 16 sticks of butter because it was cheap. The guests ended up using half of one stick. The rest was wasted.

One crazy aunt is enough. I don't need another one on the forums ;-)
Good day, everyone!

How are you all this lovely day? (And for Agent, what kind of fish are you today, or bird, if you wish to stick with birds? I'm still a happy Robin today.) It's cold, wet, and windy here, but having a very nice day at work so far. I'm not sure why, but recently I have been feeling quite happy, not that I'm normally feeling down or anything, but after all that went on over Christmas and New Year, I am liking the recent happy moods.

*Happy Hugs!*
AgentBirdnest: You sound like my aunt. Her house is loaded with random junk she doesn't need, because it was too cheap to pass up.
She had a dinner party once, and bought 16 sticks of butter because it was cheap. The guests ended up using half of one stick. The rest was wasted.

One crazy aunt is enough. I don't need another one on the forums ;-)
LOL, Agent !! XD

ddickinson: Good day, everyone!

How are you all this lovely day? (And for Agent, what kind of fish are you today, or bird, if you wish to stick with birds? I'm still a happy Robin today.) It's cold, wet, and windy here, but having a very nice day at work so far. I'm not sure why, but recently I have been feeling quite happy, not that I'm normally feeling down or anything, but after all that went on over Christmas and New Year, I am liking the recent happy moods.

*Happy Hugs!*
Hello, DD !!
Glad to read you're happy and have a nice day !! :-))
So I wish you just stay like that !
Post edited January 12, 2015 by LaPtiteBete
LaPtiteBete: Hello, DD !!
Glad to read you're happy and have a nice day !! :-))
So I wish you just stay like that !
Thank you. *hugs*

How are you doing today?

HypersomniacLive: I prefer other flavours, shoot me. ;-P
Now why would I want to shoot my lovely friend. You know I would much rather <i>Fist Punch</i> you. ;-)
Post edited January 12, 2015 by ddickinson
I'm not feeling good. Some shit happened with my family and I just can't handle it.
If you guys don't mind,I'll retire a bit from the forum until the dust settles. I'll be back problably at the end of the week,hopefully I'll be a registered worker by then.
Treasure: I have a slight problem and would like some help from fellow Gogers about it:

Persuade me please not to buy Agarest:Generations of War! It's so cheap, but seeing the remarks about endless grinding make me not want to buy it, but then it's so cheap! etc go the arguments in my head! Just say something that will definitely make me turn away from that game.

edit-typos
I don't know about the second one, but when they released Agarest I was quite interested, until I got talking to people in the release thread who had played it and it's apparently very samey and repetitive. Almost like a freemium game where you have to buy the DLC to become strong enough to continue. Also (although they are not selling it here) the developers release a load of rubbish DLC like item packs and money (and that kind of thing puts me off too).

Hopefully that's enough to put you off ;)
ddickinson: Good day, everyone!

*Happy Hugs!*
I don't know anything about fish... I guess a goldfish, because my memory sucks. (Yeah, I know the three second thing is a myth. Shush. :P)
As for birds... Yesterday I felt like a Dodo, but today I've been upgraded to a Condor. I'm a lonely scavenger, and I can't wait for Carrion to show up. :-D
ddickinson: Thank you. *hugs*

How are you doing today?
Fine, thanks :)
I am quite focused on my work...

l0rdtr3k: I'm not feeling good. Some shit happened with my family and I just can't handle it.
If you guys don't mind,I'll retire a bit from the forum until the dust settles. I'll be back problably at the end of the week,hopefully I'll be a registered worker by then.
Ho, crap... I hope things will get better for your family... Read you soon !
AgentBirdnest: I don't know anything about fish... I guess a goldfish, because my memory sucks. (Yeah, I know the three second thing is a myth. Shush. :P)
As for birds... Yesterday I felt like a Dodo, but today I've been upgraded to a Condor. I'm a lonely scavenger, and I can't wait for Carrion to show up. :-D
Interesting choices. If I remember correctly, the Condor Is the largest flying land birds in the Western Hemisphere. I never knew they ate Carrion crows. :-)

LaPtiteBete: Fine, thanks :)
I am quite focused on my work...
I'm glad you are doing fine. I hope work is going well?