It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I think kidneys and brains of pigs are like one of the best meats ever.

Once you get past the look that is.
TheCowSaysMoo: I think kidneys and brains of pigs are like one of the best meats ever.

"Welcome to Belgium: We Hope You Brought a Sandwich!"

I kid! :P
TheCowSaysMoo: I think kidneys and brains of pigs are like one of the best meats ever.

tinyE: "Welcome to Belgium: We Hope You Brought a Sandwich!"

I actually ate both of them in France :p

We got blood sausages and stuff like that. And pies. And waffles. And pancakes.
budejovice: I think my dairy issue equates some of this stuff that people really love with spoilage. I also don't like greek yogurt (I eat the crappy over-processed stuff like yoplait), buttermilk, sour cream, things like that. Once tasted a cheese (at a highly reviewed restaurant) described as "barnyard." Which is exactly how it tasted. <shiver>

I can also safely throw bizarre animals and odd parts in the organ meats category. Chicken feet, escargot, venison, even caviar. I'm a 6th-generation Texan. We're not great at fancy. BBQ, Mexican, chicken fried steak!

This is why I don't get invited to many official dinners by heads of state. Could have been a buddy of LBJ, though. ;)
See I love greek yoghurt, buttermilk and sour cream. Venison is also nice.

adaliabooks: And as previously mentioned, organs are vile.
budejovice: I tasted haggis once. :(
Actually, haggis isn't too bad... once you can get past what it is... I've had it a couple of times (the first with out realising what it was) and it's actually not bad. Like black pudding (but that's also an acquired taste)
low rated
Sweet potato's,Sheep's brain and Smoked Red Fin,Murray Cod,Rabbits and eat it or you'll get a clip over the ear..
My old man used to smoke the fish until it was yellow-brown,no wonder I took up smoking..

Rabbits were ok once you got the shotgun pellets out:-)
high rated
CarrionCrow: Hmm. Seems like my issue has more to do with texture.
I prefer blue cheese to some other items (unless it's been sitting long enough to develop that lovely odor that reminds me of someone's gym shoes when they really, REALLY need to be washed).
Not sure about differences in yogurt, the Greek type just strikes me as being especially tart compared to other kinds. Buttermilk gets used for its acidity but certainly not to drink, and sour cream is something to avoid since it goes well with so many things for me. -laughs-
Chicken feet? No. Escargot? No. Venison? Plenty of meat around without blasting a deer to get some.
As for caviar, that just strikes me as something that became a luxury item as a goof. Someone with a sense of humor (and presumably a disdain for their witless company) started saying that fish eggs were the height of sophisticated dining, and like absolute dullards their company all decided that they needed to start eating fish eggs immediately.
I'll occasionally have a blue cheese salad dressing, but there are some milder ones out there and I prefer those. Generally I avoid even blue cheese and gorgonzola crumbled on salads and such.

I'll sometimes have fish eggs as part of a sushi roll, but I don't eat sushi often and I generally order sashimi and nigiri.

I know some really picky eaters that won't try much. But, I can say, I have tried almost everything I list. Don't see much point in attempting chicken feet, though. :) I do know a guy who claims chicken feet are his favorite food. He is indeed a Sinophile and travels to China as a tourist once every few years.

I don't hunt for a number of reasons. But when I lived in Austin in 2010 I hung out at a house where there was always cooking going on. (All nighters before University of Texas football games over the brisket pit.) They were gifted a large amount of venison backstrap one time. Which I guess is prized by some for the tenderness? Super-gamey. <shivers again>
tinyE: "Welcome to Belgium: We Hope You Brought a Sandwich!"

TheCowSaysMoo: I actually ate both of them in France :p

We got blood sausages and stuff like that. And pies. And waffles. And pancakes.
Well I don't have France to blame, this is the State food of Michigan, the Pasty.

They are boring enough, usually just filled with potatoes and salted pork.
high rated
adaliabooks: Actually, haggis isn't too bad... once you can get past what it is... I've had it a couple of times (the first with out realising what it was) and it's actually not bad. Like black pudding (but that's also an acquired taste)
This is pretty interesting. Like, CarrionCrow, I think I'm probably getting into a texture thing to some degree. (Which is the reason I almost gagged the only time I tried menudo.)

See, something with the texture of rice and/or oatmeal shouldn't taste like that! :) This takes us directly from haggis to the various types of blood sausage, many of which use rice. I haven't tried black pudding, but I've had several types of cajun boudin, including ricy & bloody. I know this is going to come out terribly wrong, but I like my sausage meaty. :)

Trivia: Some really amazing encased meats all over North America (including Mexican chorizo of course), but the best I have ever had off the continent:
-Italy, and for the life of me I can remember if that restaurant was in Milan or several candidates in Sicily
-Zagreb
adaliabooks: Actually, haggis isn't too bad... once you can get past what it is... I've had it a couple of times (the first with out realising what it was) and it's actually not bad. Like black pudding (but that's also an acquired taste)
budejovice: This is pretty interesting. Like, CarrionCrow, I think I'm probably getting into a texture thing to some degree. (Which is the reason I almost gagged the only time I tried menudo.)

See, something with the texture of rice and/or oatmeal shouldn't taste like that! :) This takes us directly from haggis to the various types of blood sausage, many of which use rice. I haven't tried black pudding, but I've had several types of cajun boudin, including ricy & bloody. I know this is going to come out terribly wrong, but I like my sausage meaty. :)

Trivia: Some really amazing encased meats all over North America (including Mexican chorizo of course), but the best I have ever had off the continent:
-Italy, and for the life of me I can remember if that restaurant was in Milan or several candidates in Sicily
-Zagreb
Um, as opposed to liking your sausage 100 percent vegetarian? ;) -laughs-
All this talk about food... gonna make some sheperd's pie tonight. Meat and 'taters. Hard to beat it. Thanks to the English for that one. The English do three things really well, meat, potatoes, and beer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbpBDjW9KV0

Theme is better if you are a man who uses timetable. =)

and the link is defiance theme and the game isn't even actually bad but I don't play many mmoos
high rated
CarrionCrow: Um, as opposed to liking your sausage 100 percent vegetarian? ;) -laughs-
It's done here and there. I used to walk from the computer repair store in Austin to a food cart on 53 1/2 St. Totally vegan. Their bbq wasn't half bad... :)

----

All right, with that I'm entering download mode. I'm about 15 games behind on GOG and about 5 bundles elsewhere. Those (still) 70 GOG updates dating back to summer on the other hand? Yeah, we'll have to see about those...
Post edited January 11, 2015 by budejovice
Downloaded and installed the freeware C&C games and they're running like a dream.
CarrionCrow: Um, as opposed to liking your sausage 100 percent vegetarian? ;) -laughs-
budejovice: It's done here and there. I used to walk from the computer repair store in Austin to a food cart on 53 1/2 St. Totally vegan. Their bbq wasn't half bad... :)

----

All right, with that I'm entering download mode. I'm about 15 games behind on GOG and about 5 bundles elsewhere. Those (still) 70 GOG updates dating back to summer on the other hand? Yeah, we'll have to see about those...
Vegan barbecue....there's a thought. Must be some amazing items to make it in a market that's primarily meat-based.
Oh man, 70 updates? -laughs- You're right, that IS the part that'll take a while, just to get it all sorted.
high rated
I know this is an international thread and I haven't even been into football in years, but...

Dallas just got robbed.