It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's people! Soylent Green is people!
Rosebud is Charles Kane's sled
Koveras is Sarevok spelled backwards
Aerith dies
And Sean Bean dies
l0rdtr3k: It's people! Soylent Green is people!
Rosebud is Charles Kane's sled
Koveras is Sarevok spelled backwards
Aerith dies
And Sean Bean dies
Aerith sucked anyway. No big loss.
Ixamyakxim: I'm using VGA now, and while my monitor / GPU have DVI I'm not using it - I was wondering if it was worth it for me to go out and grab the new cable.
That you ask that, while at the same time asking such a complex technical question about the cycles thing, makes me facepalm HARD.

You are aware that what goes through a VGA cable is an analog signal, aren't you?

Now try to imagine what that means for image quality on a LCD screen.

The short version is, a LCD can handle a digital image natively, since it's basically a dot matrix. Something a CRT was not. So yes, all digital cables are always worth it over VGA.
l0rdtr3k: And Sean Bean dies
Does he ever NOT die?
Post edited January 10, 2015 by j0ekerr
Solei: Had a funny phone call from a scammer this morning, and i think I'll share this here.

*phone rings* - i answer the call.
Me: "Hallo?"
Him: "Hello, this is Microsoft Support."
Me: "This is a scam."
Him: "I don't understand."
Me: "I'm talking to a scammer, and i bet DKCERT would love to hear about this!"
Him: "..............FUCK you! *CLICK* *beep* *beep* *beep*...."
Me: *roflmao*

This made my day ;)
We get a lot of those calls. They tend to go in cycles where we'll get them 5 or 6 times a week for a couple weeks, then they stop for a few weeks. I used to get pissed off with them, but now I tend to try amusing myself with them, from setting the phone down without hanging up and just walking away, to things like telling them all my rigs run Linux, to inquiring as to which version of Windows is 'throwing errors' and then when they name an OS, saying "OH! So close, but no prize for you! Thanks for playing though."
j0ekerr: Does he ever NOT die?
This is what occurred to me as well.
Post edited January 10, 2015 by Coelocanth
Oh, the weather outside is frightful.
The coffee inside delightful.
Let it perk, let it perk, let it perk.

Thank you! No need for applause, just leave tips in the jar on the piano. :-)
j0ekerr: That you ask that, while at the same time asking such a complex technical question about the cycles thing, makes me facepalm HARD.

You are aware that what goes through a VGA cable is an analog signal, aren't you?
LOL this is really embarrassing but no... I only just learned that while perusing stuff about this. I suppose it makes sense as it's "tech" that's been around when the digital era was still nascent. I will hide behind the "I've only recently been computer gaming again for the last few years" excuse. I'm still not sure this is a very good one, however.

*edit I guess all those little pins should have been a hint LOL
Post edited January 10, 2015 by Ixamyakxim
Okay,it's friday night and I got Baldur's Gate Trilogy installed. Time to replay it for the 4th time.
EndreWhiteMane: Oh, the weather outside is frightful.

-throws digital copies of horny pigeon aficionados and dullards who have sex with living corpses-

(And yes, those things do exist, both of them right here on GOG. You're welcome. ;) )
l0rdtr3k: Okay,it's friday night and I got Baldur's Gate Trilogy installed. Time to replay it for the 4th time.
Lucky. It's Friday night and I'm still playing the same piece of shit I've been playing for the last week.
Only time I'm not playing that is when I'm playing some other piece of shit.
I have games that I'm certain aren't pieces of shit, but I can't play those until I take my punishment and play through the shit ones first.
Post edited January 10, 2015 by CarrionCrow

Additional - Yes, I'm a dork. You know about the pigeons as well as I, but it's the first, most horrifying thing that came to mind. -laughs-
high rated
I hope everyone has been well.

My goal for the just-about-to-start-as-soon-as-I-finish-this-accounts-receivable-report weekend is to finish a game. Any damn game! :)

If I don't sneak back into this thread over the weekend I hope everyone has a great one!

CarrionCrow: Additional - Yes, I'm a dork. You know about the pigeons as well as I, but it's the first, most horrifying thing that came to mind. -laughs-
Oh yeah! Every time I see it on my shelf I'm tempted to install it. Then I get this 'feeling' and go take a shower. ;)
budejovice: I hope everyone has been well.

My goal for the just-about-to-start-as-soon-as-I-finish-this-accounts-receivable-report weekend is to finish a game. Any damn game! :)

If I don't sneak back into this thread over the weekend I hope everyone has a great one!
You have a great weekend and enjoy whatever game it is, sounds like you deserve it. :-)
Post edited January 10, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane

Can't complain here, hopefully things have been going well for you also. =)

Good luck. You can do it! Just don't spend time beating a crappy game! Trust me on that one....-laughs-
CarrionCrow: Additional - Yes, I'm a dork. You know about the pigeons as well as I, but it's the first, most horrifying thing that came to mind. -laughs-
EndreWhiteMane: Oh yeah! Every time I see it on my shelf I'm tempted to install it. Then I get this 'feeling' and go take a shower. ;)
budejovice:
EndreWhiteMane:
I think that "feeling" is soul-deep revulsion....

Additional - still editing posts with a digital meat cleaver. Disregard the leftovers. -laughs-
Post edited January 10, 2015 by CarrionCrow
high rated

CarrionCrow: Can't complain here, hopefully things have been going well for you also. =)

Good luck. You can do it! Just don't spend time beating a crappy game! Trust me on that one....-laughs-
Good to see you both, CC & Endre. Crappy games are my bread & butter, especially now that I'm fully immersed in the bundle scene. :)

I'd love to go deep on a strategy or sim for a good few weeks, but I have my first entry on the "games finished in..." thread and now it's all about juicing my totals. ;)
CarrionCrow: Can't complain here, hopefully things have been going well for you also. =)

budejovice: Good to see you both, CC & Endre. Crappy games are my bread & butter, especially now that I'm fully immersed in the bundle scene. :)

I'd love to go deep on a strategy or sim for a good few weeks, but I have my first entry on the "games finished in..." thread and now it's all about juicing my totals. ;)
-laughing hard- That sounds familiar....
Wanting desperately to be able to say I've at least put 50 games away this year.
high rated
budejovice: Good to see you both, CC & Endre. Crappy games are my bread & butter, especially now that I'm fully immersed in the bundle scene. :)

CarrionCrow: -laughing hard- That sounds familiar....
Wanting desperately to be able to say I've at least put 50 games away this year.
(Sometime soon I might even sneak in a little game about birds...)

;)