It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EndreWhiteMane: Morning folks. Only 1 in the sale I have interest in today, and that's only a maybe. Guess I'm safe this weekend. ;)
Sounds like everyone is OK today, that's great! Agent, I have a big can of beans to open when you get a minute. ;)
Good morning. =)
That also sounds familiar. My maybe's that completing a series kind of maybe. What's yours?
EndreWhiteMane: Morning folks. Only 1 in the sale I have interest in today, and that's only a maybe. Guess I'm safe this weekend. ;)
Sounds like everyone is OK today, that's great! Agent, I have a big can of beans to open when you get a minute. ;)
ddickinson: Good morning, fine sir!

How are you today? What game interests you in the current promo?
Just one of the Worms to complete the series.
CarrionCrow: Good morning. =)
That also sounds familiar. My maybe's that completing a series kind of maybe. What's yours?
Same thing. ;)

Edit: Ever get the strange feeling you're being stalked? How'd I do? :-)
Post edited January 09, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
EndreWhiteMane: Just one of the Worms to complete the series.
Is it the Worms Fort game? I'm thinking of getting the first two (for nostalgia and multilayer with my brothers), but the Forts game does not seem that good. I saw a few video reviews on YouTube and it just doesn't seem like a game for me.
ddickinson: Good morning, fine sir!

How are you today? What game interests you in the current promo?
EndreWhiteMane: Same thing. ;)

Edit: Ever get the strange feeling you're being stalked? How'd I do? :-)
You're popular. -laughs-
ddickinson: Is it the Worms Fort game? I'm thinking of getting the first two (for nostalgia and multilayer with my brothers), but the Forts game does not seem that good. I saw a few video reviews on YouTube and it just doesn't seem like a game for me.
Actually I like all 5 of the Worms games I own including Forts, I consider them 1 hour time wasters though.

I did buy a copy of the new Avernum here yesterday. Been playing the demo and owned it elsewhere but like it so much I wanted a drm free copy that actually bothers to include the friggin manual. :/ LOT of game there for 5 dollars.
Post edited January 09, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
EndreWhiteMane: Actually I like all 5 of the Worms games I own including Forts, I consider them 1 hour time wasters though.
I'm glad you like it, I know some people do, it's just not for me. I prefer the good old Worms style games. I remember trying Worms Forts and just not really enjoying it. I did like Hogs of War though, which is very similar.

Edit: WARNING! Be sure to keep your distance from EndreWhiteMane. Why? Because he just gave me Worms ;-). But seriously, thank you, kind sir, for the generous gift. And now I have to go back to keeping quite about games I'm interested in, to stop you generous people gifting me. :-)

*does a happy "I got a lovely gift" dance*
Post edited January 09, 2015 by ddickinson
Good mid-morning to everyone.

Out of the current sale I, like most everyone else apparently, am only mildly interested in the worms games.

Stronghold is a good choice too, but I already got it off a humble bundle, and I don't do duplicates. But I'll recommend it to anyone who doesn't have it yet.

I just checked the competition, and they're doing a very weeabo weekend sale. I could feel myself craving miso soup as I scrolled down the list.

I spent the morning looking for a wired xbox controller for the PC, and found none. I might as well order it online.

And now, even if I am opening a can of worms, some food for thought on the Parisian situation.

Whatever these acts of "terrorism" sent out to achieve. They most certainly fail to do what their deranged little minds imagined they would accomplish and in fact manage to have the opposite effect.

Take for example Mrs. Smith, your typical housewife, she loves soap operas and devours any info on Z-list celebrities. She's not intolerant but she's not exactly tolerant either, and like her, there are many many more.

Mrs. Smith told me earlier that she finds a man who lives nearby, particularly suspicious, because he sports a beard, wears a tunic and uses one of those ethnic hats that mark him as an arab.

These acts of "terror", do not leave the "enemy" cowering in fear. Instead they only flame hatred, paranoia and a vicious desire to strike back.

Considering what they think awaits them in the afterlife, maybe that's what they want.

ddickinson: Edit: WARNING! Be sure to keep your distance from EndreWhiteMane. Why? Because he just gave me Worms ;-). But seriously, thank you, kind sir, for the generous gift. And now I have to go back to keeping quite about games I'm interested in, to stop you generous people gifting me. :-)

Endre, Endre, Endre.

You do realize that, that only serves to further destroy that round 300 rep you had.

You could even brag about Spartan Vikings.

But now that is lost with all the +1 you'll be getting, mine included.

EndreWhiteMane: Edit: Ever get the strange feeling you're being stalked? How'd I do? :-)
Is this about the steam thing? I swear I wasn't planning to follow that up with radio transmitters on your car or bugging your home or anything.

No seriously I wasn't.

*Whistles non-chalantly*
Post edited January 09, 2015 by j0ekerr
j0ekerr: Good mid-morning to everyone.

Out of the current sale I, like most everyone else apparently, am only mildly interested in the worms games.

Stronghold is a good choice too, but I already got it off a humble bundle, and I don't do duplicates. But I'll recommend it to anyone who doesn't have it yet.

I just checked the competition, and they're doing a very weeabo weekend sale. I could feel myself craving miso soup as I scrolled down the list.

I spent the morning looking for a wired xbox controller for the PC, and found none. I might as well order it online.

And now, even if I am opening a can of worms, some food for thought on the Parisian situation.

Whatever these acts of "terrorism" sent out to achieve. They most certainly fail to do what their deranged little minds imagined they would accomplish and in fact manage to have the opposite effect.

Take for example Mrs. Smith, your typical housewife, she loves soap operas and devours any info on Z-list celebrities. She's not intolerant but she's not exactly tolerant either, and like her, there are many many more.

Mrs. Smith told me earlier that she finds a man who lives nearby, particularly suspicious, because he sports a beard, wears a tunic and uses one of those ethnic hats that mark him as an arab.

These acts of "terror", do not leave the "enemy" cowering in fear. Instead they only flame hatred, paranoia and a vicious desire to strike back.

Considering what they think awaits them in the afterlife, maybe that's what they want.

ddickinson: Edit: WARNING! Be sure to keep your distance from EndreWhiteMane. Why? Because he just gave me Worms ;-). But seriously, thank you, kind sir, for the generous gift. And now I have to go back to keeping quite about games I'm interested in, to stop you generous people gifting me. :-)

j0ekerr: Endre, Endre, Endre.

You do realize that, that only serves to further destroy that round 300 rep you had.

You could even brag about Spartan Vikings.

But now that is lost with all the +1 you'll be getting, mine included.
Good morning. =)

Amusingly enough, I seem to be the only person present with no interest in that series whatsoever. -laughs-

And yes, some people are exceedingly dim and don't seem to understand that shooting one person, or two or ten or twenty or however many, tends to make those who survive that much more inclined to want revenge on the assailants.

Yay for patterns of human behavior playing themselves out in the same psychotic circlejerk of misery and despair over the span of days, months, years, millenia, one great big merry-go-round of shit where everyone involved is more than willing to put bullets into a person's skull in the name of being right.
Course, in the end, everyone's wrong, just for different reasons, and by the time it's all said and done you pretty much need hipwaders to make your way through the blood.

Additional - why open a can of worms when you can detonate it with several sticks of dynamite instead? ;)
Post edited January 09, 2015 by CarrionCrow

Amusingly enough, I seem to be the only person present with no interest in that series whatsoever. -laughs-

Additional - why open a can of worms when you can detonate it with several sticks of dynamite instead? ;)
A very apt and adequate visual cue. You win an internet my friend.

For some reason, the worm games will always be linked to the lemming games in my mind. Even if they couldn't be more different. Yet They're both about fancy colourful critters, they both have cute cheery graphics, and they both involve a lot of death.

Come on, which of you hasn't nuked his lemmings out of spite?

By the way, you wouldn't have reviewed bloodrayne, would you?
Post edited January 09, 2015 by j0ekerr
j0ekerr: And now, even if I am opening a can of worms, some food for thought on the Parisian situation.

I'm not sure that it's not what they want. To cause hatred to justify their own actions. The more intolerant and xenophobic we become, the more they can claim that killing us is just and honourable and that they do it as retribution for whatever we've done... and the cycle continues.

j0ekerr: A very apt and adequate visual cue. You win an internet my friend.

For some reason, the worm games will always be linked to the lemming games in my mind. Even if they couldn't be more different. Yet They're both about fancy colourful critters, they both have cute cheery graphics, and they both involve a lot of death.

Come on, which of you hasn't nuked his lemmings out of spite?

By the way, you wouldn't have reviewed bloodrayne, would you?
Really, really, REALLY hoping I've just won a "good things about the internet" internet, rather than a "freakjobs in furry costumes getting aroused by My Little Pony reruns" internet....

Hmmm....From what I remember, the game's average overall, decent enough setting and all that, but a bit clunky and imprecise when it came to actual combat and jumping.
The main character acts like a frigging spaz when she jumps, so precision tends to get thrown out the fifth floor window in a hurry.

Additional - Might as well try to get some rest before the sun comes up on my chunk of dirt.
Good day and good night, everyone. =)
Post edited January 09, 2015 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: Really, really, REALLY hoping I've just won a "good things about the internet" internet, rather than a "freakjobs in furry costumes getting aroused by My Little Pony reruns" internet....

Hmmm....From what I remember, the game's average overall, decent enough setting and all that, but a bit clunky and imprecise when it came to actual combat and jumping.
The main character acts like a frigging spaz when she jumps, so precision tends to get thrown out the fifth floor window in a hurry.
Curses, foiled again, how am I ever going to get rid of these /b/internetz? Yes it is true, in my dark past I used to frequent 4chan.

I REGRET NOTHING!

Thanks for the info on bloodrayne, I don't like my brawler games to be quirky and unresponsive, with spaz-like movements. So I think I'll steer clear of it.

Then there's the fact that half the game is sold on the appeal of low polygon pyramid boobies.

I never really liked Lara Croft.
CarrionCrow: Really, really, REALLY hoping I've just won a "good things about the internet" internet, rather than a "freakjobs in furry costumes getting aroused by My Little Pony reruns" internet....

j0ekerr: Curses, foiled again, how am I ever going to get rid of these /b/internetz? Yes it is true, in my dark past I used to frequent 4chan.

I REGRET NOTHING!

Thanks for the info on bloodrayne, I don't like my brawler games to be quirky and unresponsive, with spaz-like movements. So I think I'll steer clear of it.

Then there's the fact that half the game is sold on the appeal of low polygon pyramid boobies.

I never really liked Lara Croft.
Not a problem. =)

Understandable. Wasn't really a fan at all until the Tomb Raider remake, and even that wasn't the greatest.
Of all the companies that EA killed,which one was your favourite?
Personally,I can't decide either Origin or Pandemic.
l0rdtr3k: Of all the companies that EA killed,which one was your favourite?
Personally,I can't decide either Origin or Pandemic.
I'm not too knowledgable about the companies EA has destroyed, but for me, one of the big ones would be Westwood Studios. They created games like the Command and Conquer series, Dune games and the Legend of Kyrandia games. They used to put so much effort into their games, but once EA got to them they slowly got worse and worse, like many developers who are taken over by a greedy publisher.