It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZenWan: ...
*big anti-loneliness hug*

*good morning hugs and waves to everyone else*
moonshineshadow: *even more energising hugs* Sadly there is nothing more I can do to help you. I hope things will get better soon :-)
ddickinson: It's okay, just being here to chat to is nice, it helps to break up my day (and makes me procrastinate a bit too much, but that's not a problem). I am sure in a few weeks things will be back to normal and I will only have to work my usual 12(ish) hours.

I am just sorting the chickens at the moment, and repairing some of the damage the foxes cause while trying to get to them. Plus a few of the chickens are acting a little odd, so we are monitored them in case they are ill. And there is one chicken that keeps trying to peck me, and I am so tempted to teach it a lesson and just take it home for dinner. :-)

*lots more tired thank you hugs*
Yeah, you really should teach that chicken a lesson ;-)
Because chicken is tasty :D
I am not sure if I could handle killing a chicken and taking it home for dinner. Of course I know that people need to butcher the animals for the meat we all eat, but I am not sure I could handle it. I think I need one of your butchering lessons :P

FearfulSymmetry: *good morning hugs and waves to everyone else*
*welcome wave to this strange person visiting the thread*
oh wait it is you Fearful... Sorry I did not recognize you :P
*good morning hug*
Post edited May 07, 2015 by moonshineshadow
ddickinson: Will your papers occupy most of your day, or will you be able to enjoy some relaxation?
Well i plan to work on them until early afternoon and i also have sports today so there should be some relaxation somewhere

FearfulSymmetry: *big anti-loneliness hug*

*returns hug*
Good morning (still not entirely used to that new avatar) :P
How are you doing today?
Post edited May 07, 2015 by ElTerprise
FearfulSymmetry: *big anti-loneliness hug*

Who the hell are you? We don't recognise that face, and we don't like strangers around here. :-)

Good morning!

How are you today, anything nice planned?

moonshineshadow: Yeah, you really should teach that chicken a lesson ;-)
I am not sure if I could handle killing a chicken and taking it home for dinner. Of course I know that people need to butcher the animals for the meat we all eat, but I am not sure I could handle it. I think I need one of your butchering lessons :P
Do you think you could handle a butchering lesson? I have seen many people go green and throw up :-). It's not for everyone, and although I find it fascinating (educationally speaking), I tend to just look at it objectively. As you said, people need to eat, and that is what the animals are there for. It's a bit hard when you have raised the animal and have become a little attached to them, but you get used to it. My partner hates that side of farming, she understands it all and why it's necessary, but she is a big animal lover and could never raise and care for an animal and then slaughter it. But luckily for the chicken I was only joking, but it sure it tempting (and as you said, chicken is tasty). :-)
moonshineshadow: *welcome wave to this strange person visiting the thread*
*good morning hug*
I should've known you would not let it go so easily! :) *big hug*

ElTerprise: *returns hug*
Good morning (still not entirely used to that new avatar) :P
How are you doing today?
No, I guess it'll take a while, I'm not completely used to it yet either. But I wanted a change from Rosangela for a bit. :) I'm doing quite well, just got up, took a shower and had breakfast. Later today I have a yoga class and a university lecture, and then I'll have dinner with a friend and go see a movie. :)
ddickinson: Who the hell are you? We don't recognise that face, and we don't like strangers around here. :-)

Good morning!

How are you today, anything nice planned?
I'll get you back for that one! ;)

Good morning DD, sorry to hear you're still so busy. Hopefully things will quiet down a bit soon so you can catch some more relaxation. It seems like you're always hard at work. :)

Yep, I'm going to the cinema tonight with a friend of mine, that should be fun. And tomorrow I'm visiting my grandmother who I haven't seen in a while.
Post edited May 07, 2015 by FearfulSymmetry
moonshineshadow: Yeah, you really should teach that chicken a lesson ;-)
ddickinson: Do you think you could handle a butchering lesson? I have seen many people go green and throw up :-). It's not for everyone, and although I find it fascinating (educationally speaking), I tend to just look at it objectively. As you said, people need to eat, and that is what the animals are there for. It's a bit hard when you have raised the animal and have become a little attached to them, but you get used to it. My partner hates that side of farming, she understands it all and why it's necessary, but she is a big animal lover and could never raise and care for an animal and then slaughter it. But luckily for the chicken I was only joking, but it sure it tempting (and as you said, chicken is tasty). :-)
I am not sure if I could handle it to be honest :D
*extra big hug*

moonshineshadow: *welcome wave to this strange person visiting the thread*
*good morning hug*
FearfulSymmetry: I should've known you would not let it go so easily! :) *big hug*
I am sure not just letting this go, you should talk to Stilton about that ;-)

Which reminds me, that Stilton has not visited us for a long time now :-(
Post edited May 07, 2015 by moonshineshadow
Good morning everyone!

gotta go in a few hours! :S
Soccorro: Good morning everyone!

*good morning hug*
Where do you need to go? Work?
moonshineshadow: I am sure not just letting this go, you should talk to Stilton about that ;-)

You're right, he's been very quiet. I hope he's well.

Good morning! Are you doing all right?
moonshineshadow: I am sure not just letting this go, you should talk to Stilton about that ;-)

FearfulSymmetry: You're right, he's been very quiet. I hope he's well.

FearfulSymmetry: Good morning! Are you doing all right?
Right now? Not really. :D

Moin :)
Good Luck - you'll make it *fingers-crossed* :)
FearfulSymmetry: I'll get you back for that one! ;)

Good morning DD, sorry to hear you're still so busy. Hopefully things will quiet down a bit soon so you can catch some more relaxation. It seems like you're always hard at work. :)

Yep, I'm going to the cinema tonight with a friend of mine, that should be fun. And tomorrow I'm visiting my grandmother who I haven't seen in a while.
Good morning!

I am usually quite busy this time of year, spring is the end of the winder crops and the start of the summer crops, as well as lots of other things that seem to happen around spring/summer, such as lambing and things like that. It should be okay in a few weeks, hopefully then I can get some more rest.

I hope you have a nice time with your friend, and it sounds great to go visit your grandmother, especially if you have not seen her for a while. Are you all ready for your trip to England? I know I have asked this before, and sorry for forgetting, but what play will you be seeing at the Globe Theatre?

moonshineshadow: I am not sure if I could handle it to be honest :D
*extra big hug*
That's okay, it's not for everyone. I have seen many people attempt it and just walk away. It's not as messy as people think, the blood is usually drained first (I won't tell you how, in case it's too much detail), so it's not like you are just cutting open a fresh animal. Some still do it while there is blood, but that is just so messy. The important thing is to make sure the animal did not suffer. Sadly some religions allow the animals to suffer greatly while getting slaughtered, but luckily that is illegal in the UK (they are forced to at least stun the animals first, so they won't feel any pain).

ElTerprise: Moin :)
Good Luck - you'll make it *fingers-crossed* :)
Thanks! :)
Soccorro: Right now? Not really. :D
I'm not sure I remember correctly, but did you have an interview today?

EDIT: Yep, DD confirms it. Good luck with the interview! :)
Post edited May 07, 2015 by FearfulSymmetry

Good morning!

Good luck with your interview! I hope everything will go okay.