It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well I think I will have an early night as well.

Take care, everyone, and enjoy what is left of your evening!

*goodnight hugs and silly waves*
ddickinson: Well I think I will have an early night as well.

Take care, everyone, and enjoy what is left of your evening!

*goodnight hugs and silly waves*
Good night and sleep well for you too *good night hug*
See you tomorrow as well :)
I think I'll also go to sleep now *good night hugs and waves*

See you all tomorrow :)

Edit: *sigh* double-post. I'm really tired...
Post edited May 07, 2015 by ElTerprise
Possibly 6 users sent me Galaxy friend invites but I can't do anything about it since I can't use Galaxy yet! *Really* hoping that GOG allows us to manage all that shit from the website....
Good Morning!
Ah, found out that switching to Explorer killed my gog message reply notifications...
Well sometimes it's better to keep quiet, at least when I'm concerned :p
Anyhow wow I'm super bored with the last scene of Divinity 2.
Maybe the visuallly beautiful games don't appeal to me anymore, need a great dialogue or something.
It's really strange. But I guess we all change...
I'll try to finish this game (not bad but...) and then find something completely different.
ZenWan: It's hard posting at this time, so I have mostly stopped - talking to yourself is not a lot of fun, especially if people don't even have time to read your posts. ;-) Crow used to be always around to chat to, but not anymore, except occasionally., and the thread moves so fast that when the others come in they don't have time to check back for the early posters.

Hi to anyone reading this, hope you have a good day / night.
ddickinson: Hello!

You are right about the thread moving fast and people not having the time to read over what they have missed. I usually access the forum while at work, and as my work keeps me very busy I do not have the time to read what I have missed. In fact, I sometimes miss people talking to me at the time who are replaying to me, partly due to how fast the thread moves, and also due to not always getting notifications. It's easy for a post to be lost in here.

But I saw your post today and I just wanted to say a big hello, and to wish you a good day. I am not sure if you are one of the huggers or the wavers, so have one of each just to make sure. :-)

*hug or wave*
moonshineshadow: *good morning hugs and waves if the gogbear lets me*

ZenWan:
moonshineshadow: I am always reading all the posts here *extra big hug* So it is not like you are being ignored, it is just a bit harder to have a chat :-)
And I am bad at finding topics, so if you start one I'll join in if I can :D
Good morning to you, DD and Moon and a very special thank you for your kind and friendly posts. I was most grateful to you for noticing me and sending me friendly hugs and waves I don't at all blame anyone for not noticing my posts, it's all my fault for posting in the graveyard shift. ;-) I do apologise for my whining about not being noticed, it's not like me at all, just having a bad day.

I miss seeing Crow, who used to be around at this hour - a little digital venom always brightened up my day. <big grin>
Don't know why he has to go off to eat (IV?), sleep (desk) and shop (online) when his thread needs him. ;-)

Been trying to make sense of Galaxy, which I haven't used up until now. It seems that will continue, as they say it's not for Win XP, and this computer (my 'gaming' computer) still has XP loaded. I have a full copy of Windows 7, but have never installed it, as i was told I would lose all my programs and would have to start from scratch. I have hundreds of programs, many were short-term giveaways, others from very old disks, and it's all held together with duct tape and a lot of effort. Didn't want Windows 7 messing it all up.

I ran a search for 'XP' in the galaxy forum and was rewarded for my efforts with a big zero, but I still didn't want to post there in case someone sat on me firmly and told me that had been answered a thousand times and I should read the posts and search first and not waste everyone's time etc etc.

So here I am, asking. Does anyone know if it works on XP?

I know you won't have time to read back to this post anyway, you are all so busy, so I'll try posting in the other forum when I have time.

Meantime I wish you all a wonderful day / evening - hope that your sleep refreshed you, DD.

@ElTerprise - very happy to hear about your uncle, glad he's home, that is a big relief for the family.
Post edited May 07, 2015 by ZenWan
I was sad to read about the death of Ben E. King..

In memory of him, here's one of my favourite songs....

Stand by Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM
Moin everyone *big hugs and waves*

How are you all doing?
ZenWan: @ElTerprise - very happy to hear about your uncle, glad he's home, that is a big relief for the family.
Thank you - it really is :)
ElTerprise: Moin everyone *big hugs and waves*

How are you all doing?
ZenWan: @ElTerprise - very happy to hear about your uncle, glad he's home, that is a big relief for the family.
ElTerprise: Thank you - it really is :)
Good morning. =)

Aside from sleeping at this frigging desk again, I can't complain.
Just read that the latest game from the person who did Deadly Premonition, D4, is coming to GOG in June, which I'm pleasantly surprised by.
Figured it would stay as an X-Box One exclusive, even though that always felt like an absolutely horrible platform for it.

I read your comment about the enemy respawn thing, and while it does get annoying, it feels like they get right on the fine line of what my team can handle.
In Icewind 1, I really didn't use a lot of potions and what-not, they tended to accumulate. But with Icewind 2, there are fights that really make me use everything at my disposal just to make it through them.

Also, I'm sure the difficulty is more noticeable since Icewind 2 doesn't have random rolling for stats, they use points instead. With that system, it's not possible to get a character who has multiple maxed out stats.

Along with that, one of the big things for 2 is the ability to pick much more powerful races.
My primary melee person is a dark elf, so she gets magic resistance, stat bonuses and a spell she can cast innately multiple times a day.
But on the flip side, dark elves are underground-based, so she gets a small penalty fighting in lit areas along with progressing much, much more slowly in levels than a human fighter would as a way to balance things out.

Glad to hear that your uncle's doing so much better. =)
CarrionCrow: Good morning. =)

Aside from sleeping at this frigging desk again, I can't complain.
Just read that the latest game from the person who did Deadly Premonition, D4, is coming to GOG in June, which I'm pleasantly surprised by.
Figured it would stay as an X-Box One exclusive, even though that always felt like an absolutely horrible platform for it.

I read your comment about the enemy respawn thing, and while it does get annoying, it feels like they get right on the fine line of what my team can handle.
In Icewind 1, I really didn't use a lot of potions and what-not, they tended to accumulate. But with Icewind 2, there are fights that really make me use everything at my disposal just to make it through them.

Also, I'm sure the difficulty is more noticeable since Icewind 2 doesn't have random rolling for stats, they use points instead. With that system, it's not possible to get a character who has multiple maxed out stats.

Along with that, one of the big things for 2 is the ability to pick much more powerful races.
My primary melee person is a dark elf, so she gets magic resistance, stat bonuses and a spell she can cast innately multiple times a day.
But on the flip side, dark elves are underground-based, so she gets a small penalty fighting in lit areas along with progressing much, much more slowly in levels than a human fighter would as a way to balance things out.

Glad to hear that your uncle's doing so much better. =)
Morning - that's good to here :)
Hmm...sleeping at the desk is really your thing, isn't it ? ;)

Thank you - my uncle is already at home again :)

I never played Deadly Premonition - but i heard about the D4 thing. Still don't know if i want to give Deadly Premonition a try at some point.
That they got the respawning thing right is good - as i said i can tolerate that when it keeps in within bounds (Guild Wars 2 for example is guilty of of too - but it's an mmo after all). What i don't like is the way modern shooters do the respawning or some Strategy games...respawning in RTS is AI cheating imho...
ZenWan: I miss seeing Crow, who used to be around at this hour - a little digital venom always brightened up my day. <big grin>
Don't know why he has to go off to eat (IV?), sleep (desk) and shop (online) when his thread needs him. ;-)

Been trying to make sense of Galaxy, which I haven't used up until now. It seems that will continue, as they say it's not for Win XP, and this computer (my 'gaming' computer) still has XP loaded. I have a full copy of Windows 7, but have never installed it, as i was told I would lose all my programs and would have to start from scratch. I have hundreds of programs, many were short-term giveaways, others from very old disks, and it's all held together with duct tape and a lot of effort. Didn't want Windows 7 messing it all up.

I ran a search for 'XP' in the galaxy forum and was rewarded for my efforts with a big zero, but I still didn't want to post there in case someone sat on me firmly and told me that had been answered a thousand times and I should read the posts and search first and not waste everyone's time etc etc.

I know you won't have time to read back to this post anyway, you are all so busy, so I'll try posting in the other forum when I have time.

Meantime I wish you all a wonderful day / evening - hope that your sleep refreshed you, DD.

@ElTerprise - very happy to hear about your uncle, glad he's home, that is a big relief for the family.
Oh, I'm still around. The whole sleep thing is just really odd at the moment. My body doesn't know whether it wants to be up at night, during the day, or both.
Would like to say that's stabilizing, but since I need to stop taking the chemicals I'm addicted to, I figure it'll only get more unstable for a while.

You're right, I wouldn't recommend you destroying your setup for the sake of any one program, even if it is from GOG.
Hopefully the compatibility will increase as the beta goes on.
I figured they'd be fighting the battle to get it out of alpha for months, and they proved me all kinds of wrong. so it's even more apparent now that they're really, really pushing to get it online and in good shape for as many people as possible.

Oh yes, I'm intensely busy. Just woke up, now drinking coffee. That's far too strenuous to respond to you. -laughs-

Hopefully you're having a good day, and that the moving garbage is being resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible.

ElTerprise: Morning - that's good to here :)
Hmm...sleeping at the desk is really your thing, isn't it ? ;)

Thank you - my uncle is already at home again :)

I never played Deadly Premonition - but i heard about the D4 thing. Still don't know if i want to give Deadly Premonition a try at some point.
That they got the respawning thing right is good - as i said i can tolerate that when it keeps in within bounds (Guild Wars 2 for example is guilty of of too - but it's an mmo after all). What i don't like is the way modern shooters do the respawning or some Strategy games...respawning in RTS is AI cheating imho...
Not intentionally. Starting to get a bit painful, honestly. -laughs-

You're welcome. Hopefully he continues to recover quickly.

I would say Deadly Premonition is a game to try because of its personality more than anything.
Have heard numerous times that the game is at least a partial rip-off of Twin Peaks, but to me that's not a bad thing since Twin Peaks is full of weirdness, and weirdness beats boring every single day of the week.

Ultimately it's okay to me, but I definitely wouldn't recommend Icewind 2 to someone who's never played the D&D games before. It'd probably get very frustrating for new players.

I'd say you hit it on the nose. With MMO's, it's unavoidable, but in other genres it tends to be garbage, especially with RTS's. If you can tell they're respawning, it means they couldn't balance the opponent AI properly, so they had to resort to cheating to do so.
Post edited May 07, 2015 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: Not intentionally. Starting to get a bit painful, honestly. -laughs-

I would say Deadly Premonition is a game to try because of its personality more than anything.
Have heard numerous times that the game is at least a partial rip-off of Twin Peaks, but to me that's not a bad thing since Twin Peaks is full of weirdness, and weirdness beats boring every single day of the week.

Ultimately it's okay to me, but I definitely wouldn't recommend Icewind 2 to someone who's never played the D&D games before. It'd probably get very frustrating for new players.

I'd say you hit it on the nose. With MMO's, it's unavoidable, but in other genres it tends to be garbage, especially with RTS's. If you can tell they're respawning, it means they couldn't balance the opponent AI properly, so they had to resort to cheating to do so.
Yeah - i know :)

Might give Deadly Premonition a shot the next time it's on sale then although i haven't seen much of Twin Peaks (was too young when it first ran in TV and Netflix Germany doesn't offer it).

Yeah already guessed that and as you recommended it i will start with the BG games - when i start with the D&D games ;)

Yeah - don't lik that at all in RTS. Iirc the original Spellorce had spawning units...
CarrionCrow: Not intentionally. Starting to get a bit painful, honestly. -laughs-

ElTerprise: Yeah - i know :)

Might give Deadly Premonition a shot the next time it's on sale then although i haven't seen much of Twin Peaks (was too young when it first ran in TV and Netflix Germany doesn't offer it).

Yeah already guessed that and as you recommended it i will start with the BG games - when i start with the D&D games ;)

Yeah - don't lik that at all in RTS. Iirc the original Spellorce had spawning units...
I got my copy of Deadly Premonition for 70 or 75 percent off, so when it comes around it should be pretty cheap.

There isn't a single country in Europe that doesn't get screwed over when it comes to Netflix, is there? I've never heard anyone who lives outside of the U.S. say how great the selection is, it's always a comment about how they don't get the same things the U.S. does. Such crap.

Well, when you do get started, if you end up liking them you'll have a few hundred hours of gameplay there.
Baldur's Gate 2 in particular makes Icewind look really small by comparison.
CarrionCrow: I got my copy of Deadly Premonition for 70 or 75 percent off, so when it comes around it should be pretty cheap.

There isn't a single country in Europe that doesn't get screwed over when it comes to Netflix, is there? I've never heard anyone who lives outside of the U.S. say how great the selection is, it's always a comment about how they don't get the same things the U.S. does. Such crap.

Well, when you do get started, if you end up liking them you'll have a few hundred hours of gameplay there.
Baldur's Gate 2 in particular makes Icewind look really small by comparison.
Good to know :).

No i don't think so but i heard that the European Commission intends to outlaw Geoblocking - i'm interested what impact that'll have on Netflix. Well i saw that apparently Amazon offers Twin Peaks as stream...

The best thing about Netflix in Germany is that they don't have the rights to show the recent Season of House of Cards...
*good morning hugs and waves*

ZenWan: Been trying to make sense of Galaxy, which I haven't used up until now. It seems that will continue, as they say it's not for Win XP, and this computer (my 'gaming' computer) still has XP loaded. I have a full copy of Windows 7, but have never installed it, as i was told I would lose all my programs and would have to start from scratch. I have hundreds of programs, many were short-term giveaways, others from very old disks, and it's all held together with duct tape and a lot of effort. Didn't want Windows 7 messing it all up.

Like I said, I always read all posts here, so here is your answer ;-)

There was an official blue post about supporting older systems and all in all, the galaxy client should work on older systems, but they are not guaranteeing it:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_beta_starts_now_e5bf1/post438

*big hug* Feel free to ask other things about galaxy, I read a lot of stuff and also fiddled a bit with the client :D