It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gunsynd: (but there is a fear of being open)
I don't think that's right because,I cant see you and you cant see me.Nor do we know what real names we have,so my
point is,how can anyone be scared to say something personal?
Ragnarblackmane: That same anonymity brings out the worst sides of many people, too.
True..They hide in the shadows and play gutless games...
CarrionCrow: While I prefer to keep certain things to myself, having a supportive environment is definitely a good thing.
If something happened that I needed support, I have no doubt that I could come here and receive that from good people. =)
Ragnarblackmane: I thought that way too, for awhile, but last night when I was in need of the sort of supportive atmosphere this thread has engendered, my posts were completely ignored despite the very busy nature of the thread moments before, and then shortly following. It was just really shitty timing.
Well, I can't say for anyone else of course, but I tend to go back and forth quite a bit. I'll be on here, play a level or two of some godawful crap game, make something to eat, make sure the cats aren't destroying anything, then come back, things like that.
CarrionCrow: While I prefer to keep certain things to myself, having a supportive environment is definitely a good thing.
If something happened that I needed support, I have no doubt that I could come here and receive that from good people. =)
LaPtiteBete: I totally agree with that point :)
A supportive environment is -very- helpful.

CarrionCrow: Um...a little under 3 days, I think. I hadn't slept, then Insomnia started.
LaPtiteBete: :-\ humpf......
I know...not great on my part, but I'll definitely be sleeping tonight. Pretty sure I couldn't do another night up if I wanted to.
Post edited March 04, 2015 by CarrionCrow
Ragnarblackmane: I thought that way too, for awhile, but last night when I was in need of the sort of supportive atmosphere this thread has engendered, my posts were completely ignored despite the very busy nature of the thread moments before, and then shortly following. It was just really shitty timing.
CarrionCrow: Well, I can't say for anyone else of course, but I tend to go back and forth quite a bit. I'll be on here, play a level or two of some godawful crap game, make something to eat, make sure the cats aren't destroying anything, then come back, things like that.
LaPtiteBete: I totally agree with that point :)
A supportive environment is -very- helpful.

:-\ humpf......
CarrionCrow: I know...not great on my part, but I'll definitely be sleeping tonight. Pretty sure I couldn't do another night up if I wanted to.
And I disappear playing games for an hour or so and then come back for a quick sticky beak...
Post edited March 04, 2015 by gunsynd
CarrionCrow: Um...a little under 3 days, I think. I hadn't slept, then Insomnia started.
Go to sleep now. Not before you start hearing voices, we're probably well past that point, but before you start doing what they tell you!
j0ekerr: Go to sleep now. Not before you start hearing voices, we're probably well past that point, but before you start doing what they tell you!
I figure I'll be out by no later than 11 pm local time. So I've got 7 hours, 13 minutes at most to continue staying up.

Considering how badly I wanted to sleep last night, this shouldn't be a problem.

Also? Dawn of War 2 gets boring around the end.

And never make your commander a heavy weapons guy. He's level 20 and I have yet to find a single commander item that's compatible with heavy weaponry. Total bullshit.
j0ekerr: Go to sleep now. Not before you start hearing voices, we're probably well past that point, but before you start doing what they tell you!
CarrionCrow: I figure I'll be out by no later than 11 pm local time. So I've got 7 hours, 13 minutes at most to continue staying up.

Considering how badly I wanted to sleep last night, this shouldn't be a problem.
Just remember, the little leprechaun telling you to burn things is NOT your friend.
Is Banished worth a go, do you think?
CarrionCrow: I figure I'll be out by no later than 11 pm local time. So I've got 7 hours, 13 minutes at most to continue staying up.

j0ekerr: Just remember, the little leprechaun telling you to burn things is NOT your friend.
The koala bear already stabbed the leprechaun hours ago.
Little bastard kept trying to steal my lighter. So no worries there. =)
Stilton: Is Banished worth a go, do you think?
From everything I've seen people mention, it looks like a well-constructed change of pace from combat-oriented games.
As far as city bulders go, the general consensus is a most definitive yes.

If city builders are not your thing, then no.
Its one of those titles I'm on the fence about, and for now I've fallen onto the 'Maybe next time' side.

Thanks for the opinions, though ;-)
I tried it... very peaceful game. Needs to play quite a long time to build something good, but... there isn't any other goal to reach that the one you set, so... :)
LaPtiteBete: I tried it... very peaceful game. Needs to play quite a long time to build something good, but... there isn't any other goal to reach that the one you set, so... :)
I like the peaceful part, but I'm not sure if I'd get bored with it. I'll have to see what it looks like on YouTube and get a better feel for it. Thanks for the mini review ;-)
LaPtiteBete: I tried it... very peaceful game. Needs to play quite a long time to build something good, but... there isn't any other goal to reach that the one you set, so... :)
Stilton: I like the peaceful part, but I'm not sure if I'd get bored with it. I'll have to see what it looks like on YouTube and get a better feel for it. Thanks for the mini review ;-)
You're welcome, wise viking ;-)
Stilton: I like the peaceful part, but I'm not sure if I'd get bored with it. I'll have to see what it looks like on YouTube and get a better feel for it. Thanks for the mini review ;-)
LaPtiteBete: You're welcome, wise viking ;-)
I've just decided that French owls are the best owls because they say the nicest things.
LaPtiteBete: You're welcome, wise viking ;-)
Stilton: I've just decided that French owls are the best owls because they say the nicest things.
That's too damn kind, Stillton !!! :")