It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PalioDeMonte: Nope, same procedure as last year...
moonshineshadow: Urgh ok... While I think strikes are ok if you need to make people aware of something, this whole situation is getting ridiculous. It can not be that so few people like the train drivers or the pilots go on strike so often and slow down half the country because of that.
In this case - opposite to the ridiculous 30% salary claims the pilots once had - they might even be correct to defend their rights, but Claus Weselsky is probably the worst PR-disaster on legs I've seen in the last years :P
moonshineshadow: Urgh ok... While I think strikes are ok if you need to make people aware of something, this whole situation is getting ridiculous. It can not be that so few people like the train drivers or the pilots go on strike so often and slow down half the country because of that.
PalioDeMonte: In this case - opposite to the ridiculous 30% salary claims the pilots once had - they might even be correct to defend their rights, but Claus Weselsky is probably the worst PR-disaster on legs I've seen in the last years :P
I would not say so. Perhaps I misunderstood it last November, but then it was about who is responsible for representing train personal. And the GDL just wants to increase their influence and speak for everyone. Even for the personal that is with a different labor union who made a working compromise with the DB.
So no reason for the GDL to go into this except for getting more power.
Post edited April 22, 2015 by moonshineshadow
moonshineshadow: I would not say so. Perhaps I misunderstood it last November, but then it was about who is responsible for representing train personal. And the GDL just wants to increase their influence and speak for everyone. Even for the personal that is with a different labor union who made a working compromise with the DB.
AFAIK that wasn't the point. The problem was that in the GdL there also is Train personnel the other union is usual responsible for. If the other union would make a compromise with DB these personnel would not be covered by it.
But the general problem is that most coverage of the whole situation is highy ideologilized (on either side).
Post edited April 22, 2015 by ElTerprise
moonshineshadow: I would not say so. Perhaps I misunderstood it last November, but then it was about who is responsible for representing train personal. And the GDL just wants to increase their influence and speak for everyone. Even for the personal that is with a different labor union who made a working compromise with the DB.
ElTerprise: AFAIK that wasn't the point. The problem was that in the GdL there also is Train personnel the other union is usual responsible for. If the other union would make a compromise with DB these personnel would not be covered by it.
If that is the case they should have made it clearer. I never got the impression that it was about people who would not be covered. They clearly need better PR.
*jumps into moon's arms for a hugs* Can't wait for me the new release tomorrow. Hope's more Lucas Arts.
PalioDeMonte: In this case - opposite to the ridiculous 30% salary claims the pilots once had - they might even be correct to defend their rights, but Claus Weselsky is probably the worst PR-disaster on legs I've seen in the last years :P
Afaik they want to speak for all their members, no matter wether thediverserivers or other personnel. I personally would expect my union to do so.
Post edited April 22, 2015 by PalioDeMonte
moonshineshadow: If that is the case they should have made it clearer. I never got the impression that it was about people who would not be covered. They clearly need better PR.
Absolutely. But the reverse of the coin is that the press did not do a good job either on this matter delibaretly making false statements about the situation and the launched campaign against Weselsky (and i'm certainly not a fan of his) by some Newspapers were just disgusting...
l0rdtr3k: *jumps into moon's arms for a hugs* Can't wait for me the new release tomorrow. Hope's more Lucas Arts.
*extra big hugs* More LA games would really be nice :-)
PalioDeMonte: Afaik they want to speak for all their members, no matter wether thediverserivers or other personnel. I personally would expect my union to do so.
Yeah that what i meant. And they are also fighting the "Tarifeinheit" ...
moonshineshadow: If that is the case they should have made it clearer. I never got the impression that it was about people who would not be covered. They clearly need better PR.
ElTerprise: Absolutely. But the reverse of the coin is that the press did not do a good job either on this matter delibaretly making false statements about the situation and the launched campaign against Weselsky (and i'm certainly not a fan of his) by some Newspapers were just disgusting...
Yep. But I would not expect much from the press. A lot are just into making big sales and don't care that much about details if it makes a good story ;-)
I think working as the press relevant person for a company must often be a terrible job.
l0rdtr3k: Have you guys seen this game? It's Hotline Miami!
Here's TotalBiscuit video about it.
Well that's one kind of a ripoff but the name of TBs video is hilarious :)
moonshineshadow: Yep. But I would not expect much from the press. A lot are just into making big sales and don't care that much about details if it makes a good story ;-)
I think working as the press relevant person for a company must often be a terrible job.
I spoke to the press spokesman of the county of Pinneberg when i had my internship there and he pretty much said the same...
l0rdtr3k: Have you guys seen this game? It's Hotline Miami!
Here's TotalBiscuit video about it.
ElTerprise: Well that's one kind of a ripoff but the name of TBs video is hilarious :)
The sheer gall and shamelessness of this rip-off.

You have at least to commendate them on their gigantic sized testicles.

Although I suspect that's more of a lack of brain thing.

Oh and the steam reviews are hilarious.
j0ekerr: The sheer gall and shamelessness of this rip-off.

You have at least to commendate them on their gigantic sized testicles.

Although I suspect that's more of a lack of brain thing.

Oh and the steam reviews are hilarious.
What did you expect from Steam reviews? ;)
Seeing that makes me wanting to play Hotline MIami again ;)
PalioDeMonte: Hi everybody! Just dropping in briefly before work. *hugs*

blogstory: CarrionCrow,
I viewed a few Let's play WCprivateer and I have many reservations about this type of game. WC is a combat war zone game, sure it allows delivery missions, but is a galactic battlefield with war profiteering. Not something that interests me. I was shocked that even the "merchant guild" has bounty hunting missions. The best I can say about what I have seen is WCPrivateer is a war game with bounty hunting, scouting, patrolling, and delivery/pickup missions. Deliveries and pickups does not make a merchant even though the game developers name them a merchant guild.

Maybe I have not seen a veteran player role playing a Merchant guild master in Wing Commander Privateer, and have missed a rare game feature, but for now I will keep looking for a more trading/Merchant centric galaxy game.

Thank you for the suggestion.
PalioDeMonte: Actually don't know any similar SciFi game, as the ones inspired by Elite - like Privateer - have a bigger share of spacefights. If you wouldn't mind another scenario - I remember Starflight 2 to feel a bit like Pirates!. Perhaps you like that one, although I might be mistaken - it's been more than 20 years ago I played Starflight 2 on my C64 :)
Your suggestion is spot ON!
Starflight 2 was a great game and I thank gog for keeping it alive!
In fact, Starflight 2 is what guided me to become a member here with GOG.
I recently replayed Starflight2, occasionally you are attacked but you can flea, the objective was to prevent the destruction of the galaxy (solve the mystery) while mining, trading and exploring.
........---------~~~~~~~*hugsandwa|:|*.*o.^.*#+_...*.....

*oops, wall*

ElTerprise: Well that's one kind of a ripoff but the name of TBs video is hilarious :)
I spoke to the press spokesman of the county of Pinneberg when i had my internship there and he pretty much said the same...
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.