It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: Yes, you may. I'm sure you'd find the reason behind these prohibitions even more stupid...
When the church was first founded, the leader taught members and held meetings in his own house. The members would smoke and chew tobacco, then spit on the floor. The new rules were announced because the leader's wife kept complaining to him about having to clean such a dirty floor.

(Confession : I've never heard of a pangolin before today :"| ...)
Ho. So they totally forbade tobacco ?... :-| isn't it a bit radical ?...
(I know many animals, because I used to watch many documentaries about them when I was younger... :-p)
EndreWhiteMane: Morning Moon! *big hug back*
moonshineshadow: So what are your plans for today? Anything fun to do?
Nope, nothing special today.
Trying to decide on just a few games to play, I have way too many going at the moment. ;-)
moonshineshadow: So what are your plans for today? Anything fun to do?
EndreWhiteMane: Nope, nothing special today.
Trying to decide on just a few games to play, I have way too many going at the moment. ;-)
Which games are you considering?
I will be off for now. Study group awaits. See you all later *hugs and waves*
ElTerprise: Moin. I'm really great. How are you doing?
LaPtiteBete: Hello Adalia !! :))
Fine here !
Hope you're doing fine too ?
moonshineshadow: *welcome wave* Doing ok, how about you?
I'm fine, thank you all for asking :)
Glad you're all doing well too :)
ElTerprise: I will be off for now. Study group awaits. See you all later *hugs and waves*
Have a good study. ;)
EndreWhiteMane: Nope, nothing special today.
moonshineshadow: Which games are you considering?
That's the problem, I haven't even narrowed it down yet. :-)
Post edited April 22, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
moonshineshadow: Which games are you considering?
EndreWhiteMane: That's the problem, I haven't even narrowed it down yet. :-)
Oh ok :D
I know that problem. Perhaps you should try the random method dd proposed some time ago ;-)
Or is there at least a genre you could narrow it down to?
Post edited April 22, 2015 by moonshineshadow
EndreWhiteMane: That's the problem, I haven't even narrowed it down yet. :-)
moonshineshadow: Oh ok :D
I know that problem. Perhaps you should try the random method dd proposed some time ago ;-)
Trying to pick one game from each genre and stick with them till I'm finished.
Not easy for someone who gets bored as easily as I do.
It's OK though, it's a lot of fun just looking through the 'way too many' games I have. :-)
moonshineshadow: Oh ok :D
EndreWhiteMane: Trying to pick one game from each genre and stick with them till I'm finished.
Not easy for someone who gets bored as easily as I do.
It's OK though, it's a lot of fun just looking through the 'way too many' games I have. :-)
I am doing the same. But at the moment I am trying to decide if I should pick a new round of games since there is just not enough motivation for the current games :D
LaPtiteBete: Ho. So they totally forbade tobacco ?... :-| isn't it a bit radical ?...
(I know many animals, because I used to watch many documentaries about them when I was younger... :-p)
Yep. Tobacco, alcohol, and "hot drinks". You won't get kicked out of the church for consuming any of them, but you won't be able to hold office or participate in certain religious ceremonies.... The rules (called the "Word of Wisdom") also state that meat should only be eaten sparingly, and only during desperate times, but nobody ever pays attention to or enforces that :-/
Post edited April 22, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
LaPtiteBete: Good... I hope it doesn't hurt anymore...
My day is good so far, yes !! quiet, and happy mood... :) Hope you're fine too (despite your tea misadventure)
No, it's fine. Good to hear that your day is going well and that you are happy! My day is pretty good otherwise, I've made some progress on my thesis, and I'll be seeing a comedy show tonight that should cheer me up. :)
ElTerprise: I will be off for now. Study group awaits. See you all later *hugs and waves*
Bye, have a good day!
Post edited April 22, 2015 by FearfulSymmetry
LaPtiteBete: Ho. So they totally forbade tobacco ?... :-| isn't it a bit radical ?...
AgentBirdnest: Yep. Tobacco, alcohol, and "hot drinks". You won't get kicked out of the church for consuming any of them, but you won't be able to hold office or participate in certain religious ceremonies.... The rules (called the "Word of Wisdom") also state that meat should only be eaten sparingly, and only during desperate times, but nobody ever pays attention to or enforces that :-/
So I'd be fine with extra cheesy veggie pizza and diet pepsi.
That'd work. :-)
AgentBirdnest: Yep. Tobacco, alcohol, and "hot drinks". You won't get kicked out of the church for consuming any of them, but you won't be able to hold office or participate in certain religious ceremonies.... The rules (called the "Word of Wisdom") also state that meat should only be eaten sparingly, and only during desperate times, but nobody ever pays attention to or enforces that :-/
So if there are rules against hot drinks, is this in every situation? Because for example if I have a coughing I drink lot's of herbal teas since they work very well for me.
Post edited April 22, 2015 by moonshineshadow
EndreWhiteMane: So I'd be fine with extra cheesy veggie pizza and diet pepsi.
That'd work. :-)
Yep :-)
Many think caffeine is a no-no, but they are wrong. There is no official position on it :-)
moonshineshadow: So if there are rules against hot drinks, is this in every situation? Because for example if I have a coughing I drink lot's of herbal teas since they work very well for me.
There are exceptions. Alcohol and hot drinks may be used to heal or clean the body. I have a very devout Mormon friend who would bring me tea when I was sick :-)

Heh... This is starting to feel like Sunday school... never thought I would be the one teaching ;-D
Post edited April 22, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
moonshineshadow: So if there are rules against hot drinks, is this in every situation? Because for example if I have a coughing I drink lot's of herbal teas since they work very well for me.
AgentBirdnest: There are exceptions. Alcohol and hot drinks may be used to heal or clean the body. I have a very devout Mormon friend who would bring me tea when I was sick :-)

Heh... This is starting to feel like Sunday school... never thought I would be the one teaching ;-D
Ah ok, so I would have no problem at all with the rules :D

You are a good teacher :P But hey it is interesting to hear about different aspects in religions :-)