It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What's up pussycat?

Don't you like making other people listen to your music? They have to pretend to like it, and it's especially fun if you pick one of those ten-hour versions you can find on YouTube. Well, we're letting you do that to us.

We want you to help us pick our theme song, something that really gives off the GOG.com vibe. Then, we're going to play it for one full workday, on repeat, continuously. We're letting you put our whole office at your mercy.

How exactly can you join in on this looped madness?

It's simple. Pick a song that you think is the perfect theme song for GOG.com. Post a link to it along with the title and artist, and we will pick the one that will be used to delight our entire Warsaw office. We'll make sure to document the fateful day somehow and share it with the world - so stay tuned after the contest ends for some quality entertainment!

THE GRAND PRIZE:
We loved how many of you participated in our previous contest, "Show off your (old) gear, win shiny new (ROCCAT) gear!", which is why we're teaming up with the good folks from ROCCAT once again - this time to bring you their newest headset to hit the market: the ROCCAT Kave.
How's that for a prize? ;) The winner will also get a small avalanche of GOG.com game codes to additionally celebrate their victory.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
While we'll only be able to play one song on a nearly eternal, 10-hour loop, there'll surely be more than one good suggestion - that's why every hour we'll take a short break to feature one other song. Nine honorable mentions will be awarded and their songs added to our playlist of doom.

THE RULES:

- You can only post one entry per person. If you post more, only the first one will be counted.
- You may not edit your post.
- If many people pick the winning song, we'll pick the headset winner at random (but game codes will be awarded to the others as well!)

Post your entry in the comments below before the deadline - you have a week, until April 13th, at 12:59 PM GMT. We aim to judge your entries and pick winners by the following Monday - we'll announce them in the contest forum thread and via PM to the winners themselves.
Post edited April 06, 2015 by Konrad
ErfInverse: If that's going to happen, they need to start learning to give actual real fucking honest timeframes on how long things are actually going to take. If they say a couple of days and then it takes a couple of months, that might start to get irritating after several counts of the same. If it will take a couple of months, I'm fine with that, but they need to learn to just SAY SO!

Or just say that you can't tell how long it's going to take because of how thin your resources are spread at the moment on several other things and so on, anything but this sort of general "going to take a couple of days" bullshit when you clearly and reasonably cannot go through all these entries, even if you've been following the thread from the start. These sorts of empty promises are insanely typical everywhere in all possible contexts and are extremely aggravating. Tell it like it is!
Take it easy, they actually meant "Give us a day or two hundred" but the message got cut off.
JamesBond007: Let's imagine that - winners will get their prizes by PM and silence to everyone else.
We don't want silence. We want to hear 10 hours of song-playing and suffering. =P
high rated
THE WINNERS HAVE BEEN SELECTED!

Yes, it may have taken a while, but do you even realise how difficult it is to choose the song the whole office will have to listen to for ten hours? And then pick out the nine songs to toss in as mixers? It really is quite a feat.

But it's time for a drumroll, because the winning song is... Video Games 1980! by Ronnie Jones. It's catchy, rhythmic, and has a dance that we might just all learn and try to reproduce on the date we play the music for the whole of GOG.com (and maybe some of our office neighbors) to hear.

Congratulations to GOG.com forum user Lesser for posting it over in the German forums!

What tunes will we be listening to in between pin-ball-hoc-key-ten-nis-pin-ball-play-them-vide-o-games? Here's the list!

1. Surfin' Bird -- The Trashmen
2. Hooked on a Feeling -- David Hasselhoff
3. 4'33" -- John Cage
4. Don't Worry Be Happy -- Bobby McFerrin
5. Imagine -- John Lennon
6. Sandstorm -- Darude
7. Canon in D -- Johann Pachelbel
8. Epic Sax Guy
9. Everything is Awesome --Tegan and Sara feat. The Lonely Island

Congratulations to Star1003, Bundesgerd, WOLFKWINN, RV59, Swampland, toxicTom, AlexandraS, Tim_Fey, goodoldgeek, a.s., Kyojinmaru, dochipo, Leonard03, Zeus, CaptainKitKat, mike_cesara, Kudmar, apa64, AgentW, and Bumfi for suggesting the nine songs that'll serve as (much needed) breaks every hour!

Now all we need to do is set a date and figure out how to make sure everyone can hear this wonderful music equally well across the entire office... Mwahahaha!
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Ciris
Congrats to the lucky winners! Lots of fun picks there.

Don't forget to record the team doing that choreography. :D
Post edited April 28, 2015 by Pardinuz
I am honoured to be one of the lucky ones. You have made my day very special, much obliged :~) All the credit, however, goes to Johan Pachelbel.
Also I'd like to thank you everyone for all your congrats and congratulation to the others! I hope no one at GOG office will be hurt during this experiment ;~)
Congrats to the winners.

I don't know how I ended up in there though. Maybe it's because of John Cage's 4'33? That wouldn't be my first entry though. This is my first post and original entry to the contest:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/contest_pickaloop_4b52e/post161

John Cage's song was mentioned by me afterwards as a good pick. Another user (AlexandraS) has then told me that he already suggested it.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/contest_pickaloop_4b52e/post207

Edit: Typo fixed
Post edited April 28, 2015 by Swampland
Ciris: 1. Surfin' Bird -- The Trashmen
2. Hooked on a Feeling -- David Hasselhoff
3. 4'33" -- John Cage
4. Don't Worry Be Happy -- Bobby McFerrin
5. Imagine -- John Lennon
6. Sandstorm -- Darude
7. Canon in D -- Johann Pachelbel
8. Epic Sax Guy
9. Everything is Awesome --Tegan and Sara feat. The Lonely Island
Lol, great choices! Particularly Surfin' Bird ;)

Edit: And congrats to the winners :)
Post edited April 28, 2015 by adaliabooks
Congrats to the winners and good job Ciris picking some great songs!
Congrats to the winners from me as well!
First of all, congratulations to the winners, and good job for picking songs that got selected, definitely, it was quite a feat to do! Very cool giveaway and props to it and GOG. Still, in all fun and spirit of community, I am bit disappointed with/scoffing at some of those song picks!!! Yeeesh! haha!
Congrats folks!
Congrats to the winners and thanks again for the contest, GOG!
LADAYA: You got to be kidding me with that "4'33" -- John Cage"

Seriously? -.-

You could just simply literally play nothing instead of this. It would be the same.
I think that's the point, surely the GoG team deserve a little break in amongst 10 hours or looped music?
Congrats to the winners, and thanks GOG for the fun contest. :D
Post edited April 28, 2015 by Saberwolf_Prime
Congratulations to all the Winners! This had to be one really *difficult* contest to judge....