It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What's up pussycat?

Don't you like making other people listen to your music? They have to pretend to like it, and it's especially fun if you pick one of those ten-hour versions you can find on YouTube. Well, we're letting you do that to us.

We want you to help us pick our theme song, something that really gives off the GOG.com vibe. Then, we're going to play it for one full workday, on repeat, continuously. We're letting you put our whole office at your mercy.

How exactly can you join in on this looped madness?

It's simple. Pick a song that you think is the perfect theme song for GOG.com. Post a link to it along with the title and artist, and we will pick the one that will be used to delight our entire Warsaw office. We'll make sure to document the fateful day somehow and share it with the world - so stay tuned after the contest ends for some quality entertainment!

THE GRAND PRIZE:
We loved how many of you participated in our previous contest, "Show off your (old) gear, win shiny new (ROCCAT) gear!", which is why we're teaming up with the good folks from ROCCAT once again - this time to bring you their newest headset to hit the market: the ROCCAT Kave.
How's that for a prize? ;) The winner will also get a small avalanche of GOG.com game codes to additionally celebrate their victory.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
While we'll only be able to play one song on a nearly eternal, 10-hour loop, there'll surely be more than one good suggestion - that's why every hour we'll take a short break to feature one other song. Nine honorable mentions will be awarded and their songs added to our playlist of doom.

THE RULES:

- You can only post one entry per person. If you post more, only the first one will be counted.
- You may not edit your post.
- If many people pick the winning song, we'll pick the headset winner at random (but game codes will be awarded to the others as well!)

Post your entry in the comments below before the deadline - you have a week, until April 13th, at 12:59 PM GMT. We aim to judge your entries and pick winners by the following Monday - we'll announce them in the contest forum thread and via PM to the winners themselves.
Post edited April 06, 2015 by Konrad
LADAYA: Snip
Fair enough, I can see what you mean, but I'm probably biased in the matter as if someone else hadn't already chosen it I was going to, so I can't help but feel it was a good and possibly winning choice... ;)
I'm disappointed, I was really looking out for your guys' health! :D
Congrats.
And thanks for the gog playlist I will make out of it to listen to while playing Interstate '76 :-)
Now I'm confused; I thought it was one song all day long. Ah well.

edit: I see the source of my confusion: "We want you to help us pick our theme song, something that really gives off the GOG.com vibe. Then, we're going to play it for one full workday, on repeat, continuously."

But hey, if you wanna throw "mixers" in there, go ahead; it's not my contest! :-D
Post edited April 29, 2015 by DieRuhe
WTF! Of all the good suggestions.. you've picked the less original.
You basically chose a few famous songs + a main one with "video games" in the title -_-'
(and 4'33" is just silence)
Whatever..
phaolo: WTF! Of all the good suggestions.. you've picked the less original.
You basically chose a few famous songs + a main one with "video games" in the title -_-'
(and 4'33" is just silence)
Whatever..
Saw this coming a long way away. Doesn't surprise me. People like bad music.
Post edited April 29, 2015 by ErfInverse
phaolo: WTF! Of all the good suggestions.. you've picked the less original.
ErfInverse: Saw this coming a long way away. Doesn't surprise me. People like bad music.
I still had hope, knowing that GOG's staff was able to appreciate niche good things like old games.
Unfortunately, all the latest competitions' results proved the contrary.
It's not that those are bad songs, but.. they would have been chosen by any people with poor music knowledge or interest.
Post edited April 29, 2015 by phaolo
ErfInverse: Saw this coming a long way away. Doesn't surprise me. People like bad music.
phaolo: I still had hope, knowing that GOG's staff was able to appreciate niche good things like old games.
Unfortunately, all the latest competitions' results proved the contrary.
It's not that those are bad songs, but.. they would have been chosen by any people with poor music knowledge or interest.
Indeed, their final choices for the additional songs are not thematically related to games in any sort of meaningful way. For that reason, I would find that downright insulting, if I really cared about this contest any more than for these few posts in this thread (and my futile entry in it with Machinae Supremacy - Sidology 2).

Edit: When it comes to the winner, while the lyrics and name of it are related to videogames, ultimately their thematic value is quite tangential because the style of the music itself is not anything that was ever really used in old games. But this is where we enter the really subjective territory. Apparently GOG doesn't think so.
Post edited April 29, 2015 by ErfInverse
ErfInverse: Indeed, their final choices for the additional songs are not thematically related to games in any sort of meaningful way. For that reason, I would find that downright insulting, if I really cared about this contest any more than for these few posts in this thread (and my futile entry in it with Machinae Supremacy - Sidology 2).

Edit: When it comes to the winner, while the lyrics and name of it are related to videogames, ultimately their thematic value is quite tangential because the style of the music itself is not anything that was ever really used in old games. But this is where we enter the really subjective territory. Apparently GOG doesn't think so.
I do agree with you guys. Although I think it comes down to misleading guidelines and not bad taste in music. They asked for tunes that "really give off the GOG.com vibe" but what they actually should have wrote was "pick a tune that will provides us some lulz and dances to reproduce at the office".
Grats winners

GOG team don't like Kraftwerk-computer love, wow just wow, maybe it's because they are german.

I played this on a 10 hour loop, and I was.......Fine!!!

haha

[edit] as others have said, I thought GOG were looking for computer / games related music otherwise I would have posted this one, but they would have hard-ons and get no work done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ScjucUV8v0

[edit 2] David Hasselhoff lmfao, remind me not to ever visit poland! ;)

Only two tracks I liked were

Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy [be happy]
pachelbel's Canon in D--Soothing music(the best version) [I went to princess diana's funeral]

The rest are like the european song contest songs, and as we know the UK has no chance [as we are NOT european]

GOG has lost respect, thought they were a bunch of old guys, with taste in music!! haha
Post edited April 30, 2015 by Cavenagh
Just wait for the announcement.

thanks GOG
Congrats to the winners. I knew my song had no chance, but I held out hope. :)
Ciris: THE WINNERS HAVE BEEN SELECTED!

Yes, it may have taken a while, but do you even realise how difficult it is to choose the song the whole office will have to listen to for ten hours? And then pick out the nine songs to toss in as mixers? It really is quite a feat.

But it's time for a drumroll, because the winning song is... Video Games 1980! by Ronnie Jones. It's catchy, rhythmic, and has a dance that we might just all learn and try to reproduce on the date we play the music for the whole of GOG.com (and maybe some of our office neighbors) to hear.

Congratulations to GOG.com forum user Lesser for posting it over in the German forums!

What tunes will we be listening to in between pin-ball-hoc-key-ten-nis-pin-ball-play-them-vide-o-games? Here's the list!

1. Surfin' Bird -- The Trashmen
2. Hooked on a Feeling -- David Hasselhoff
3. 4'33" -- John Cage
4. Don't Worry Be Happy -- Bobby McFerrin
5. Imagine -- John Lennon
6. Sandstorm -- Darude
7. Canon in D -- Johann Pachelbel
8. Epic Sax Guy
9. Everything is Awesome --Tegan and Sara feat. The Lonely Island

Congratulations to Star1003, Bundesgerd, WOLFKWINN, RV59, Swampland, toxicTom, AlexandraS, Tim_Fey, goodoldgeek, a.s., Kyojinmaru, dochipo, Zeus, CaptainKitKat, mike_cesara, Kudmar, apa64, AgentW, and Bumfi for suggesting the nine songs that'll serve as (much needed) breaks every hour!

Now all we need to do is set a date and figure out how to make sure everyone can hear this wonderful music equally well across the entire office... Mwahahaha!
Um, I just realized looking through these winners that I also suggested one. The 4:33 by John Cage. In the post here. Can I win too? ;)
Ciris:
Hi Ciris, I have a minor suggestion: when you announce the winners of a contest could you perhaps make the announcement stick to the thread so it appears on every single page (similar to what iWi did in another thread)?

You could also apply it to the 'contest is closed' reminder if you like (it certainly would serve the purpose of said post).

--------

Congratulations to the winners. :)
Post edited April 30, 2015 by Lemon_Curry
Very tricky choice! :)
The real winner actually is this: 8. Epic Sax Guy.
This song will play whole 10 hours.
How much time will remain for the "winner"?