It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

On March 31st we are going to discontinue the Fair Price Package program. Let us explain the reasoning behind this decision.

We came up with Fair Price Package (FPP) as a way to make up the price difference between various countries. Some games on GOG.COM have regional pricing, meaning the price of the same game in one place can be higher compared to its price in North America. In countries where the game is more expensive, we give users the equivalent of the price difference in GOG Wallet funds. In actual numbers, on average, we give users back 12% of the game price from our own pocket. In some cases, this number can reach as high as 37%.

In the past, we were able to cover these extra costs from our cut and still turn a small profit. Unfortunately, this is not the case anymore. With an increasing share paid to developers, our cut gets smaller. However, we look at it, at the end of the day we are a store and need to make sure we sell games without a loss.

Removing FPP is not a decision we make lightly, but by making this change, we will be able to offer better conditions to game creators, which — in turn — will allow us to offer you more curated classic games and new releases. All DRM-free.

We wanted to make sure you have some lead time to still benefit from the Fair Price Package. The program will last until the 31st of March, 2019, so if you would like to take advantage of it, now is the time. The funds you gather from the program will keep the 12 months expiration date from the moment you’ve been granted your last funds.
high rated
First of all, thank you for your support. This was not an easy decision to discontinue the FPP program and we're grateful to you for understanding the reasons behind it. We see that quite a few of you raised concerns about GOG's future. As a part of publicly traded company, we can't comment on any financial results until they are officially reported, but we want to ensure you everything is good with GOG. Being part of a big gaming company, some reports - especially some given by significant media outlets - can often sound much scarier than reality.

You've been also concerned about your access to the games you’ve purchased on GOG. We've covered this topic years ago and it's been in our User Agreement for a long time (please check the section 17.3). This is not only a legal obligation to you but a core part of our ethics as a company.

But don’t worry, all is good, and we have a great plan for the future of GOG. We can’t wait for you to see some of the exciting things we have coming very soon.

EDIT: pinned
Post edited February 26, 2019 by elcook
Yeah... Thought it'd end at the end of the day, but ah well.
Local currencies... how we missed you so.

GOG, enjoy that extra (_) %. You've earned it.
How can you now know, which games have regional prices and what is the difference?
john_hatcher: How can you now know, which games have regional prices and what is the difference?
Add the national interest rate - divide by global conversion rate - subtract by the number of people killed by your local dictator president - and multiply by 3% for the poor and sick donation fund. = regional price.
john_hatcher: How can you now know, which games have regional prices and what is the difference?
If you are as it says, in Sri Lanka, none. GOG doesn't currently have regional pricing there, you get the base (US) price.
In general, said it a bunch of times. For games added to the catalog before 2018, check MaGOG. For newer additions you can search for them in the dedicated thread, but with the forum's search function being as it is that may take a while, and either way what's posted there only reflects the pricing at the time of posting, and the most recent additions may take quite some time to be posted at all.
Alternately, you can use the api to check yourself. With the US price being the base price, you check for the US price and then compare to what you see. For that, you first get the game's ID (check page source and search for card-product), and then use it to go to api.gog.com/products/GAMEID/prices?countryCode=US replacing GAMEID with that number. Replace US with another country code to check it elsewhere.
Since there is no indication anymore:
Is there a current list of all regionally priced games on this board so I know which ones to avoid?

Out of date / abandoned:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/regional_priced_games_on_gog/post1

No list:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates/page1

Sadly the for me secondmost important part of GOG's curation is utterly gone now. Until today I could at least spot the games with regional discrimination, that isn't the case anymore.
Post edited April 01, 2019 by Klumpen0815
When did they switch the prices? I thought the change would be midnight UTC, but it looks like the FPP is already gone.
Klumpen0815:
Since by now most games on GOG have regions with prices above base (and only a couple dozen, not counting free ones, are still flat priced), it'd be impossible to keep a list on the forums, and mixes are gone, so...
Same thing I said above, check individually, MaGOG for pre-2018 additions, maybe look up in that thread for newer ones, but may be easier to just use the API link to check the US price yourself whenever you're interested in a game, to see how differs from yours (in USD).
Klumpen0815: Since there is no indication anymore:
Is there a current list of all regionally priced games on this board so I know which ones to avoid?

Out of date / abandoned:

No list:

Sadly the for me secondmost important part of GOG's curation is utterly gone now. Until today I could at least spot the games with regional discrimination, that isn't the case anymore.
The MaGOG posts show how to check it through MAGOG. You can also search games through isthereanydeal.com
Maybe with this happening, GOG has more sales?
Cavalary: Yeah... Thought it'd end at the end of the day, but ah well.
Me too, I thought midnight UTC or even CET, but since you posted 6 hours ago it must have been even earlier, oh well.

I did some calculations of the stuff I have bought since beginning of the Fair Price Program:
17% of my purchases were eligible for refunds and from those I got about 11% of the original price back.
eiii: When did they switch the prices? I thought the change would be midnight UTC, but it looks like the FPP is already gone.
16 hours ago I noticed it changed.
So the 30 of March was the last day with FPP.
Klumpen0815: Since there is no indication anymore:

Out of date / abandoned:

No list:

If you run adaliabook's script you can view the price in dollars right underneath your regional price.
Attachments:
Thanks, GOG, for keeping the program so long.

I've made goodbye purchase a few days ago - this time and many times before Fair Price was deciding for me, it really made a difference, causing often crossing the line between I-don't-need-it-now and I-can't-resist-this-price ;)
RIP FPP :(