It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Liberté! Égalité! Spécialité!

<span class="bold">Tooth and Tail</span>, a grimly satirical RTS about organized animal cruelty, is coming soon, DRM-free, to GOG.com.

Time to break the (food) chains! The War for Meat has thrown the animal kingdom into upheaval and everyone is out to subdue and consume their opponents. Customize your faction and lead an army of aggressive fuzzballs through procedurally generated maps to burn, gut, or blast the other woodland creatures into gooey pixels. Then you can go online and brutalize your friends' furry pets, unless they're willing to swing by for some couch split-screen play.

Watch the hairy trailer.
Post edited July 18, 2017 by maladr0Id
high rated
ajschatz: Everything!
Matruchus: Thank you for that, its very rare for a game to offer multiplayer support for Linux games on gog. Especially since there is no galaxy client yet for Linux. Thank you for very fast and precise answers. So is the campaing more procedurally based or is it based on prewritten storyline?
Ah... Gog is actually helping us out with our Galaxy implementation, so let me double check for you wrt galaxy+linux support. I hope I didnt misspeak!
This is the kind of RTS video games I love to play.

I'm now very interested.

I have a few questions for the Tooth and Nail video game developers about Tooth and Nail's multiplayer.

#1. Will Tooth and Nail's multiplayer have A Server Browser List?

#2. Will Tooth and Nail's multiplayer run on Dedicated Servers?

#3. Will Tooth and Nail's nultiplayer be 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free? meaning no use of GoG Galaxy either?

#4. What is the maximum number of players Tooth and Nail's multiplayer will have per server? 6? 8? 12? 32? 64? I'll be ok if it's 8 players, but if we get huge maps and get battles with 64 players I'd love that as well. The reason I ask for 64 players is because I just love in video games that have multiplayer to fight in huge battles.

I don't think I've played any RTS video games yet that have 64 players.
Post edited July 14, 2017 by Johnathanamz
high rated
ajschatz: Everything!
Matruchus: Thank you for that, its very rare for a game to offer multiplayer support for Linux games on gog. Especially since there is no galaxy client yet for Linux. Thank you for very fast and precise answers. So is the campaing more procedurally based or is it based on prewritten storyline?
It's a pre-written storyline. A good long story, and super fun. Each mission has preset objectives, and overall structure, but the layout of the map changes each time you play it. Don't worry... it's not just a bunch of random maps that we *claim" is single player, it's the real thing :)
Johnathanamz: This is the kind of RTS video games I love to play.

I'm now very interested.

I have a few questions for the Tooth and Nail video game developers about Tooth and Nail's multiplayer.

#3. What is the maximum number of players Tooth and Nail's multiplayer will have per server? 6? 8? 12? 32? 64? I'll be ok if it's 8 players, but if we get huge maps and get battles with 64 players I'd love that as well. The reason I ask for 64 players is because I just love in video games that have multiplayer to fight in huge battles.

Tooth and Tail is built for smaller matches, so it's up to 4 players, plus 4 observers per lobby. There is a searchable lobby list. It will run on Galaxy servers, no external dedicated servers for now!

You can play mixed split-screen and online. There's a competitive ladder/quickmatch mode with skill-based matchmaking as well. And you can add bots to online matches too. You can also play split-screen offline with up to 4 players! (1v1, 2v2, 1v2, 1v3, 4 player free for all)
fortune_p_dawg: this looks awesome and reminds me of redwall. this'll likely be a day one buy for me.
Redwall was a primary inspiration! In fact we discovered the guy who did all the painted art in the game from his Redwall fan art! Google Jerome Jacinto
Post edited July 14, 2017 by ajschatz
ajschatz: It's a pre-written storyline. A good long story, and super fun. Each mission has preset objectives, and overall structure, but the layout of the map changes each time you play it. Don't worry... it's not just a bunch of random maps that we *claim" is single player, it's the real thing :)
Johnathanamz: This is the kind of RTS video games I love to play.

I'm now very interested.

#3. What is the maximum number of players Tooth and Nail's multiplayer will have per server? 6? 8? 12? 32? 64? I'll be ok if it's 8 players, but if we get huge maps and get battles with 64 players I'd love that as well. The reason I ask for 64 players is because I just love in video games that have multiplayer to fight in huge battles.

ajschatz: Tooth and Tail is built for smaller matches, so it's up to 4 players, plus 4 observers per lobby. There is a searchable lobby list. It will run on Galaxy servers, no external dedicated servers for now!

You can play mixed split-screen and online. There's a competitive ladder/quickmatch mode with skill-based matchmaking as well. And you can add bots to online matches too. You can also play split-screen offline with up to 4 players! (1v1, 2v2, 1v2, 1v3, 4 player free for all)
fortune_p_dawg: this looks awesome and reminds me of redwall. this'll likely be a day one buy for me.
ajschatz: Redwall was a primary inspiration! In fact we discovered the guy who did all the painted art in the game from his Redwall fan art! Google Jerome Jacinto
So if I'm reading this right the searchable lobby is A Server Browser List?

Another question I forgot to ask will there be Peer to Peer (P2P)? I hate Peer to Peer (P2P), Peer to Peer (P2P) sucks on PC versions of video games that have multiplayer on PC.

With Peer to Peer (P2P) there are internet connection issues with the host losing connection and everyone getting kicked out.

You said there are no external Dedicated Servers for now, but on GoG Galaxy Tooth and Nail will have Dedicated Servers correct?
ajschatz:
Looks interesting. Reminds me of S.W.I.N.E.
Wishlisted.
Conceptually it's interesting, but the actual gameplay looks badly animated.
It doesn't help that the trailer is awful.
Johnathanamz: So if I'm reading this right the searchable lobby is A Server Browser List?

Another question I forgot to ask will there be Peer to Peer (P2P)? I hate Peer to Peer (P2P), Peer to Peer (P2P) sucks on PC versions of video games that have multiplayer on PC.

With Peer to Peer (P2P) there are internet connection issues with the host losing connection and everyone getting kicked out.

You said there are no external Dedicated Servers for now, but on GoG Galaxy Tooth and Nail will have Dedicated Servers correct?
It is P2P but it uses host migration and a lockstep model, so there's no central server, everyone sends packets directly to everyone else, and the game simulates locally on every machine.
Johnathanamz: So if I'm reading this right the searchable lobby is A Server Browser List?

ajschatz: It is P2P but it uses host migration and a lockstep model, so there's no central server, everyone sends packets directly to everyone else, and the game simulates locally on every machine.
But will it work on a LAN with no internet?
Looks like a very polished game with simple but refined gameplay, plus I'm digging the artworks and the gorgeous in-game visuals. Great to have it on GOG!

ajschatz: It is P2P but it uses host migration and a lockstep model, so there's no central server, everyone sends packets directly to everyone else, and the game simulates locally on every machine.
So again the searchable lobby is A Server Browser List?

Sorry for the repetition.

Sucks about the lack of Dedicated Servers for now.

Anyways thank you for all of the information.
mechmouse: But will it work on a LAN with no internet?
Afraid not, but you can play split screen.
Johnathanamz: So again the searchable lobby is A Server Browser List?

This what you're looking for?
Attachments:
As a nutjob who admittedly scolds over nearly every recent attempt at making an RTS, colour me positively surprised and interested. Finally we get something that isn't an overly simplified C&C clone.

ajschatz: Afraid not, but you can play split screen.
But... how does one play with people who aren't in one's vicinity once the main servers are down?

ajschatz: This what you're looking for?
Yes that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Like how Electronic Arts (EA) and DICE have A Server Browser List for the PC versions of their Battlefield video games on PC.

I hate when PC versions of video games on PC don't have A Server Browser List. I love the freedom to pick and choose what server I want to join.

I hope all of the video games that you guys develop in the future and release and if they have multiplayer that all of them have A Server Browser List.

Thank you very much.

ajschatz: This what you're looking for?
Any chance that might get fixed later on.

Personally I feel any developer that excluded a LAN option from a multiplayer game has either purposefully chosen to limit the life of their game or just doesn't believe their game was going to be great.

Me and the misses dust off our copies of Red Alert 2 at least twice a year every year, to fight a cooperative campaign. Red Alert 2 is a great game, many multiplayer games lack a cooperative campaign.

I don't want to buy a game in which a core part of the game relies on something outside my control. I'm hating my son's android tablet, I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to explain to him that he can't play the game because the servers are down or have been discontinued.
high rated
Plokite_Wolf: As a nutjob who admittedly scolds over nearly every recent attempt at making an RTS, colour me positively surprised and interested. Finally we get something that isn't an overly simplified C&C clone.

Plokite_Wolf: But... how does one play with people who aren't in one's vicinity once the main servers are down?
We have a private alpha community that streams monthly tournaments. Check out the finals of last month's tournament here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5JQbz7mDBM&amp;list=PLZbbOqfA4KdTYSGzFIUoytwrTVRSnEpFC&amp;index=14

TnT is to Starcraft as Heathstone is to Magic: the Gathering. Shorter games, simplified in some respects, but with its own unique charm and playstyle and tons of depth.

At least with currently implementation, online multiplayer is run through GOG, Steam, and PSN servers. I know I know :)

This what you're looking for?
mechmouse: Any chance that might get fixed later on.

Personally I feel any developer that excluded a LAN option from a multiplayer game has either purposefully chosen to limit the life of their game or just doesn't believe their game was going to be great.

Me and the misses dust off our copies of Red Alert 2 at least twice a year every year, to fight a cooperative campaign. Red Alert 2 is a great game, many multiplayer games lack a cooperative campaign.

I don't want to buy a game in which a core part of the game relies on something outside my control. I'm hating my son's android tablet, I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to explain to him that he can't play the game because the servers are down or have been discontinued.
Ya we had LAN support early on but it was super painful to support as we continued to add features, with comparatively low demand, ESPECIALLY since we have splitscreen. It really does play great in splitscreen, we do it all the time at tradeshows. No screencheating! :)