It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is coming soon DRM-free.

A legendary series returns with a grand new adventure! Enjoy a colorful action-adventure game made alongside Ryuichi Nishizawa, creator of the original Wonder Boy in Monster World series.

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom borrows the best from the classic series to deliver a fresh, modern adventure with fun gameplay, memorable music and gorgeous hand drawn animations.
My cheevos!
Attachments:
Mr.Mumbles: My cheevos!
You're a pain in the ass.
Nice! Been playing this on Switch and it's a blast. A maximum improvement over its predecessor.
Mr.Mumbles: My cheevos!
Funny. +1
LittleCritter: Nice! Been playing this on Switch and it's a blast. A maximum improvement over its predecessor.
By predecessor do you mean the Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap remake? Because the two are officially nothing to do with each other as far as I know. This is a trademark free spiritual successor, the other one was an official remake of an old game.
This is one of the best games I've played last year. Highly recommended.

It helps if you played all the previous Wonder Boy games, though. It refers to ALL of them.

Mr.Mumbles: Odd fact I just found out: Originally the game's title was 'Monster Boy and the Wizard of Booze'.
Yeah, for some reason many people complained about the title, so they had to change it. *shrugs*
I'm glad it's officially confirmed. :)

And according to this, yes, it does have achievements on GOG:
https://www.exophase.com/game/monster-boy-and-the-cursed-kingdom-gog/achievements/
SCPM: And according to this, yes, it does have achievements on GOG:
https://www.exophase.com/game/monster-boy-and-the-cursed-kingdom-gog/achievements/
Thanks for the info.

But from where did that site get its information that the GOG version will have Achievements?
SCPM: And according to this, yes, it does have achievements on GOG:
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Thanks for the info.

But from where did that site get its information that the GOG version will have Achievements?
Probably they can scan it from GOG's API and find it, even if it's not listed on upcoming games like Xeno Crisis and Fade to Silence.
Mr.Mumbles: Odd fact I just found out: Originally the game's title was 'Monster Boy and the Wizard of Booze'.
RyaReisender: Yeah, for some reason many people complained about the title, so they had to change it. *shrugs*
I think the old title was much more original and amusing, but I guess you can't mention "booze", because...Think of the children!!1

Regardless, it's a high quality game.
I heard this before. If I remember correctly, it was a direct google translate of the Japanese title, and in Japanese it isn't as crass as the translation ended up being.
Post edited April 20, 2019 by MadalinStroe
i_hope_you_rot: Price : $39.99 ( or 39.99 euro ) ?
The developers have said the PC version will be cheaper due to it launching later than console versions.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/449610/announcements/detail/1814293739845552438
Awesome game. Beat the switch version a little while back and it was one of the better MV type games.

LittleCritter: Nice! Been playing this on Switch and it's a blast. A maximum improvement over its predecessor.
SirPrimalform: By predecessor do you mean the Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap remake? Because the two are officially nothing to do with each other as far as I know. This is a trademark free spiritual successor, the other one was an official remake of an old game.
I originally thought that, as well, but it's now an official Monster World sequel. It has Sega's licensing and even features characters and artwork from the previous MW games. Pepelogoo from MW4 on the Genesis is in it as one of the main side characters. For all intents and purposes, this is Monster World 5.

EDIT: IIRC the big problem was securing the name "Monster World" since the series has had different names, etc, and is basically a legal clusterfuck outside of that. Otherwise it is an official sequel to the older games.
Post edited April 20, 2019 by saldite
looks awesome. will be an instabuy.
SirPrimalform: By predecessor do you mean the Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap remake? Because the two are officially nothing to do with each other as far as I know. This is a trademark free spiritual successor, the other one was an official remake of an old game.
I have no clue about the legal details. All I know is that Monsterboy is a tremendous Metroidvania-light. Wonderboy.... less so.