It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King are coming soon, DRM-free

Two of the most beloved Disney games of all time make their long-awaited return to PC in Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King!

Play through several different versions of the beloved Aladdin and The Lion King games that have been created over the years, including both console and handheld versions. Instantly rewind any of the games in real-time in order to retry difficult areas, save your progress anywhere and take a journey behind-the-scenes and learn more about the creation of these incredible games.

Notice: Users who have previously purchased Disney’s Aladdin or Disney’s The Lion King on GOG.COM will receive discount toward Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King.
high rated
I like the DOS versions GOG sold because I prefer to buy and play original PC-DOS games than some emulated console ROMs.
I already bought those versions, but it would be nice if GOG included them as bonus here so they could be preserved instead of becoming "abandonware" somewhere else.
Glaucos: I like the DOS versions GOG sold because I prefer to buy and play original PC-DOS games than some emulated console ROMs.
I already bought those versions, but it would be nice if GOG included them as bonus here so they could be preserved instead of becoming "abandonware" somewhere else.
Yes, this would be a nice bonus even though I am sure that you can expect the usual "Why do I have to buy the remastered just to get the orgiginals?" questions then. And I agree - the ideal case would be to sell both seperately but seeing that the classics have been removed before I doubt that is what Disney intends to do. So your suggestion would still be better than not being able to get the originals anymore at all.
This will be interesting to try out. I just hope they didn't add the Lion King lava level. It's one of the most infuriating levels ever conceived in the platforming genre
Glad I bought them before they left last time. Is there any marked improvement?
Matewis: This will be interesting to try out. I just hope they didn't add the Lion King lava level. It's one of the most infuriating levels ever conceived in the platforming genre
But if they really added a save function it should be much less frustrating. Like I said: the "save your progress everywhere" function is the biggest plus for me.
paladin181: Glad I bought them before they left last time. Is there any marked improvement?
Those are NOT the same games. Read the gamepage and you will see that there are several improvements announced.
Post edited October 07, 2019 by MarkoH01
paladin181: Glad I bought them before they left last time. Is there any marked improvement?
Since Digital Ecplise is behind the games now, I would guess quick save and gamepad support. And some art and music galleries.
MarkoH01: But if they really added a save function it should be much less frustrating. Like I said: the "save your progress everywhere" function is the biggest plus for me.
Those are NOT the same games. Read the gamepage and you will see that there are several improvements announced.
Wonder how much the discount will be..
Matewis: This will be interesting to try out. I just hope they didn't add the Lion King lava level. It's one of the most infuriating levels ever conceived in the platforming genre
MarkoH01: But if they really added a save function it should be much less frustrating. Like I said: the "save your progress everywhere" function is the biggest plus for me.
Oh yes that would massively simplify it.
DadJoke007: Since Digital Ecplise is behind the games now, I would guess quick save and gamepad support. And some art and music galleries.
No need to guess ;)

- Multiple Game Versions: Play through several different versions of the beloved Aladdin and The Lion King games that have been created over the years, including both console and handheld versions. An all-new “Final Cut” version of Aladdin, developed exclusively for this collection, is also included and features difficulty adjustments, camera refinements, bug fixes, as well as a few additional surprises for fans.

- Display Options and Updated Visuals:
1080P graphics and enhancements for modern HD TVs
Adjustable screen aspect ratios and borders
Custom filter options designed to replicate classic CRT TVs and other popular screen types

- In-Game Rewind: Instantly rewind any of the games in real-time in order to retry difficult areas
Interactive Game Viewer: View full game playthroughs, with the ability to skip forward, jump in, and start playing at any point

- Save Feature: Quickly save your progress in each of the games and continue your adventure wherever and whenever you want

- Museum Features: Take a journey behind-the-scenes and learn more about the creation of these incredible games. Watch video interviews with the original development teams or explore numerous galleries containing hundreds of previously unreleased HD concept images and marketing assets.

- Soundtrack: Listen to the entire soundtracks for both games in the included music players. The ability to repeat and shuffle the songs is also supported.

Okay, no gamepad support mentioned in the features but I am pretty sure that's a given - like you said.
Great news even though I am not a huge fan.

I do hope Disney brings more games here, especially Split Second Velocity. A GREAT fun racing game.
MarkoH01: snip
Disney’s Aladdin - SEGA Genesis version
Disney’s Aladdin - Game Boy version (includes “Super Game Boy version,” which implies a bit more color, Super Game Boy-style)
Disney’s Aladdin Final Cut
Disney’s Aladdin Trade Show Demo - A demo version “that has not been publicly available since 1993,” according to the press release
The Lion King - SEGA Genesis version
The Lion King - Super Nintendo version
The Lion King - Game Boy version (also includes “Super Game Boy" version)
Ah nostalgia... it sells so well.
Perfect!
I was hoping this would end up here.
Looking forward to play it finally :)
i_hope_you_rot: Release date : October 29

Price : $29.99
PaterAlf: I'm curious what the discount for owners of the old games will be.
I hope there will be some at least.
Post edited October 07, 2019 by Tarhiel
Disney owns Lucas Films... Old, kid friendly Disney games are coming to GoG... Disney = Star Wars... DroidWorks = Kid Friendly...

CONFIRMED! DROIDWORKS IS COMING TO GOG!!
The Disney games that I would like to see released here are the complete versions of Disney Infinity 1, 2 and 3.