It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King are coming soon, DRM-free

Two of the most beloved Disney games of all time make their long-awaited return to PC in Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King!

Play through several different versions of the beloved Aladdin and The Lion King games that have been created over the years, including both console and handheld versions. Instantly rewind any of the games in real-time in order to retry difficult areas, save your progress anywhere and take a journey behind-the-scenes and learn more about the creation of these incredible games.

Notice: Users who have previously purchased Disney’s Aladdin or Disney’s The Lion King on GOG.COM will receive discount toward Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King.
Noice. Can't wait to play. :)
Nice
low rated
Just dropping by to say this:
SNes Aladdin > Megadrive Aladdin
Reading the description - especially the "save your progress part" - it seems as if this is the better (or at least less frustrating) way to play those classics. However in the feature it says 1080p graphics while the screenshots all indicate that this is not the case. Instead it seems as if we are only talking about original resolution run inside a fixed window. Let#s see how much Disney demands for the fun. Interested but still not sold ... wishlisted for now :)
Post edited October 07, 2019 by MarkoH01
Release date : October 29

Price : $29.99
high rated
i_hope_you_rot: Release date : October 29

Wow! That's steep. I guess it will stay a bit longer on my wishlist then ... no (big) discount, no deal.
Thank you for the information!
Zoidberg: Just dropping by to say this:
I was just about to call you a blasphemous fiend but luckily I took a peek of this video before doing that and I gotta say that one looks like a game that could be on a whole different level from the DOS/Megadrive one.
MarkoH01: Wow! That's steep.
If you look at the other repackaged titles that Digital Eclipse has ported, it's honestly about the same in terms of price. Not that it isn't steep but it shouldn't be that surprising either.
i_hope_you_rot: Release date : October 29

I'm curious what the discount for owners of the old games will be.
high rated
MarkoH01: Wow! That's steep.
TheMonkofDestiny: If you look at the other repackaged titles that Digital Eclipse has ported, it's honestly about the same in terms of price. Not that it isn't steep but it shouldn't be that surprising either.
Sorry, I am not really an insider and don't know much about ported games. As you said - in the end it also does not really matter for me. Everybody has to decide if he/she wants to pay the demanded price and for me $30 for a "remastered" classic is way too much. Then again I am the guy who would not even pay the normal 60 Euros for a AAA game so i am probably not the typical buyer ;)
I remember both games were available for 10 each normal price. I skip it Gisney stuff is way too expensive now!
If it's $30, I'd call it a meh price. Definitely not for me, but it's not out of this world either. The package contains two games, different versions of those games, and a number of neat features.
Zoidberg: Just dropping by to say this:
BranjoHello: I was just about to call you a blasphemous fiend but luckily I took a peek of this video before doing that and I gotta say that one looks like a game that could be on a whole different level from the DOS/Megadrive one.
In all honesty, both are good but in different genres. Snes is more platformer and this one more like action/shoot em up like (with some platforming).
MarkoH01: Sorry, I am not really an insider and don't know much about ported games. As you said - in the end it also does not really matter for me. Everybody has to decide if he/she wants to pay the demanded price and for me $30 for a "remastered" classic is way too much. Then again I am the guy who would not even pay the normal 60 Euros for a AAA game so i am probably not the typical buyer ;)
No need to apologize for anything. I'm well beyond an insider to anything, much less ported games. As a consumer who doesn't want to pay the gouged up prices for cartridges/etc. of games from their childhood, I do tend to see repackages like this one (or the Mega Man, Disney Afternoon, Street Fighter, etc. ones) and think "it'll be cheaper than paying stupid amounts for something that I'd in turn have to buy a specially modified console to run in HD on" so I just subconsciously take note of the pattern in pricing of them (the Street Fighter collection was full-on steep, especially for what it offered).