It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

3 amazing titles straight from SEGA are coming soon to GOG: ENDLESS™ Space - Definitive Edition, ENDLESS™ Space 2 and Dungeon of the ENDLESS™!

And that means you’ll soon be able to enjoy 2 amazing sci-fi 4X strategy games and an excellent rogue-like, dungeon-defense title all within the ENDLESS™ universe. Let’s take a close look at them:

ENDLESS™ Space - Definitive Edition
Turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age, where you can control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic domination. Definitive Edition includes all the expansions and updates released for the game.

ENDLESS™ Space 2
Strategic Space Opera and a sequel to the aforementioned ENDLESS™ Space. It features the compelling “just one more turn” gameplay and it is also set in the same mysterious Endless universe. As the leader of your civilization, will you impose your vision and build the greatest stellar empire. You will explore mysterious star systems, discover the secrets of ancient races, build colonies on distant planets, exploit trade routes, develop advanced technologies of unthinkable power, and of course encounter new life forms to understand, to court or to conquer.

Make sure to wishlist the ENDLESS™ titles and prepare for amazing gaming experiences that they offer!
Anyone else noticing the funny title of the thread:
coming_soon_bendless_space_endless_space_2_and_dungeon_of_the_endless_from[...]

Anyway, wishlisted as I'm getting more and more interested in space games again after EVE drained me, literally...
Post edited January 21, 2023 by sanscript
phaolo: Thank you. But do you agree that the second is more polished and better overall?
And what about the reported bugs of the last version\DLC?
Icinix: I would probably say the 2nd suffers from over polishing.
Also, with this and some other games it is fair to consider DLC that really improve on the base game and DLC that do not add that much or even can make the game worse for some players. This is different from Civ IV and especially V where each expansions completed the game with features that were utterly missing.

In games like Endless Legend, Endless Space, Stellaris, and so on, some of the DLC are relevant and others irrelevant or they can make the game even worse for a first run (XCOM 2 and the Hunters DLC, is better for at least a second run). So yes, one has to find out which DLC are worth adding into your game and which to avoid for a while, or in same cases, for most times (unless you want to try something different).

Zimerius: Forget about that. Endless Space 1 & 2 are made for you. 2 even more so as 1.
It makes sense to play Endless Space, have fun, maybe try out different factions, before moving on.

Endless Space 2 assumes that the Delver faction in Endless Legend fulfilled their destiny and saved themselves. It is nice to play Endless Space 2 after having played Endless Legend and completed the game with said faction, but it is not required in any way.

Then, Dungeon of the Endless is linked to Endless Legend and Endless Space 2...

Good games with fresh mechanics, they all tried to bring something new to the table and largely succeeded.
Post edited January 21, 2023 by Carradice
How is Endless Space's current stability?
Post edited January 21, 2023 by SpellSword
A voice from the past:
WTF Is... - Endless Space ?
sanscript: Anyone else noticing the funny title of the thread:
coming_soon_bendless_space_endless_space_2_and_dungeon_of_the_endless_from[...]

Anyway, wishlisted as I'm getting more and more interested in space games again after EVE drained me, literally...
Dunno what stripped the brackets but it's the "bold" formatting of the title - you seem to have missed the eXtra "b" behind Sega... ;)
Wishlisted for sure, gotta have to wait for the price-tag though....
Duke Garland: Dunno what stripped the brackets but it's the "bold" formatting of the title - you seem to have missed the eXtra "b" behind Sega... ;)
I figured as much but I just thought it was funny how is fitted together like that, like the opposite of bending/folding an endless space. https://wiki.physics.udel.edu/AAP/Folding_space

And the unfinished and old forum here is what stripped the brackets but only half way. Page titles don't have HTML display codes in them.
Post edited January 21, 2023 by sanscript
Carradice: It makes sense to play Endless Space, have fun, maybe try out different factions, before moving on.

Endless Space 2 assumes that the Delver faction in Endless Legend fulfilled their destiny and saved themselves. It is nice to play Endless Space 2 after having played Endless Legend and completed the game with said faction, but it is not required in any way.

Then, Dungeon of the Endless is linked to Endless Legend and Endless Space 2...

Good games with fresh mechanics, they all tried to bring something new to the table and largely succeeded.
Endless Space is an excellent game. I poured more hours into that game then in ES2. Especially recommended if you are fresh to the 4x scene. On harder levels, it is not an easy game either. If i remember correct. The ai was programmed to switch weapon sets depending on the weapon affinity, they lost their last engagement against. Ensuring prolonged engagements. That is difficult in any book if you are not familiar with such a thing.
More curious as to why a commonly used word seems to have a trademark. Which as far as I know isn't legally allowed. Like trade marking the word Cats. Its a theater show and a film, but anyone can make a product with the word and not sue each other.
Does anyone know how much DRM these games are going to get? Can we play lan, or will we have to use the DRM galaxy to play multiplayer. Or is it just going to be singleplayer only cause it isn't through steam?

I believe it was mentioned that there was no lan cause instead of actual multiplayer, they used the steam app to avoid work. So I am just curious. I want to be able to play the game on lan without galaxy or w/e. But I fear DRM is the future, where you do not own any games, and you pay a monthly fee to play anything. Steam is so close to having a subscription now, cause you don't own the games there. The future is bleak.
Two comments.
What are peoples opinions on the card based battles in ES1 ?.

Is Endless legend ever going to come to GOG ? (and why hasnt it?)
Niggles: Is Endless legend ever going to come to GOG ? (and why hasnt it?)
Because SEGA, who owns Amplitude Studios, has just started releasing games on GOG since summer in a (very) slow fashion? I'm definitely curious about its omission in this announcement though, seeing as Endless Space 2 is several years newer than it.
Shmacky-McNuts: More curious as to why a commonly used word seems to have a trademark. Which as far as I know isn't legally allowed. Like trade marking the word Cats. Its a theater show and a film, but anyone can make a product with the word and not sue each other.
I'm sure Apple, and many, many other companies, would be interested to know that you can't trademark commonly used words. Also it's fine for multiple companies to have the same trademarked name if there's no brand confusion.
At last! Can't wait to get these on GOG!
Now, when is Humankind getting a GOG release????
Niggles: Two comments.
What are peoples opinions on the card based battles in ES1 ?.

Is Endless legend ever going to come to GOG ? (and why hasnt it?)
I like them . It knows it's a 4x strategy and doesn't get bogged down a the tactical level - but the cards can make a big impact against fleets that are more powerful, or utterly wreck your own more powerful fleet.
Steam versions of all three games were given away for free. Dungeon of the ENDLESS few days ago, maybe giveaway is still active on AMPLITUDE Studios community site. Endless Space is free there permanently.

This means that everyone who has been even slightly interested in them already has them for free. That's why I think they won't sell well and this will be an excuse not to release other games on GoG.

I think this is an intentional trick by the amplitude studios, because if I remember correctly, this is one of those developers who treats GoG as a pirate site and us - GoG customers - as thieves.

Let's hope I'm wrong.