It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

OK, the SteamSpy guy has just released some data about the games "activated" by Steam users in 2015 (not including the first quarter) and per country:

https://medium.com/steam-spy/preliminary-results-for-steam-sales-in-2015-43bb49a767bd#.u71g4avn4

What's interesting is that the previous Fallout and Witcher episodes sold A LOT of units along with the releases of the newer episodes. Also, The Witcher 3 is absent from the Polish chart so we could expect that they bought it on GOG (or pirated it). As usual, Terraria is still huge....
catpower1980: OK, the SteamSpy guy has just released some data about the games "activated" by Steam users in 2015 (not including the first quarter) and per country:

https://medium.com/steam-spy/preliminary-results-for-steam-sales-in-2015-43bb49a767bd#.u71g4avn4

What's interesting is that the previous Fallout and Witcher episodes sold A LOT of units along with the releases of the newer episodes. Also, The Witcher 3 is absent from the Polish chart so we could expect that they bought it on GOG (or pirated it). As usual, Terraria is still huge....
wow.

im pretty impressed with numbers of old games that made it to the list.
Older games high in the charts? With so many discounts that's no wonder.
catpower1980:
I support your thread in glorious fight against treacherous tfishell and his usurper thread! :P
^what hunch said ;)

it's crazy that fallout 3 and NV are still so high on that list. I also didn't realize how popular ARK is.

And when I saw Poland on there, the first thing I looked for was where W3 was on it. Like you, very surprised it wasn't on there!
In Poland boxed version of The Witcher was significantly cheaper than on Steam.
DVD Disc with the game
An exclusive CD with the official soundtrack
The official, developer-created "The Witcher Universe: Compendium"
A beautiful, detailed map of the in-game world
A set of unique Witcher 3 stickers
A stylish, protective sleeve
Attachments:
It seems FO3 and FONV are still popular games. They sold more than many new releases.
mike_cesara: In Poland boxed version of The Witcher was significantly cheaper than on Steam.
Yup. Physical market is still significant in Poland. Not sure if it's majority, but if not it's close to it. I suspect it is still over 50% though. Plain and simple digital distribution prices are not adjusted to the market.
What the fuck is Rocket League, and why did it sell nearly twice more copies than Witcher 3 ?
Licurg: What the fuck is Rocket League, and why did it sell nearly twice more copies than Witcher 3 ?
Based on the title it's definitely a sports or racing game.

I looked it up, it has local co-op, co-op, multiplayer and cross-platform multiplayer.
Post edited December 23, 2015 by Nirth
Licurg: What the fuck is Rocket League, and why did it sell nearly twice more copies than Witcher 3 ?
I'm getting schizophrenia with both threads going to the same places... check the other thread for answer.

It's the new multiplayer "sport" game sensation.
The other dudes who replied aren't good at elevator pitches so here it goes:

"It's football with cars instead of humans"

You take the classic "car football" sequence from Top Gear from a few years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIeu7_-iwdw

And you convert it for modern gaming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UylSAK0wsiU

Why make complicated games when simple ideas can bring good stuff and enjoyment?
ARK: Survival Evolved and H1Z1 are early access games but profitable, specially ARK. Why people buy those unfinished games? To support developers or for other reasons?
Azhdar: ARK: Survival Evolved and H1Z1 are early access games but profitable, specially ARK. Why people buy those unfinished games? To support developers or for other reasons?
Very simple....

ARK: "first" (at least for a wide public) survival game featuring dinosaurs, thus it gained good potential for streaming on twitch with its novelty factor.

H1Z1: Sony is behind it so they can afford to make marketing campaigns to increase awareness (definetly more budget for ads than the devs of Bohemia)
Kinda sad to see so many amazing russian pc games (both past and present) and none being the most played by russian steam users. At least brazilians play a brazilian game, "out there somewhere". Hey, it's something! :P

Btw no Witcher 3 toppin' the charts on Poland? Wut?! :P