It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

From its very beginning, GOG has been dedicated to making games last forever – by fixing classic titles to keep them playable on modern PCs, and preserving both new and old games by making them DRM-free – so there's never a need, now or in the far future, for remote servers to validate ownership.

Now it is time to celebrate the 14 years of these efforts – by releasing one of the most anticipated games by the community – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and launching the Anniversary event full of great deals and other surprises.

There’s no anniversary party without presents – Master of Magic Classic, a game that evokes massive nostalgia, is up for grabs in a giveaway. Dive into this epic adventure and play as a powerful wizard leading an army to victory. One of the most popular strategy games of the 90s is available for free until Sunday, October 2nd, 10 PM UTC.

Let's have a look at the anniversary’s hot deals, focused on classics and games that, in the course of time, are even more praised for their game design and playability. Our store offer include: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (-70%), Deus Ex™ GOTY Edition (-86%), Unreal Tournament GOTY (-80%) or Just Cause (-80%). Plenty of classics are available only on GOG such as Unreal Tournament GOTY (-80%) or SWAT 4 Gold Edition (-50%), The Wheel of Time (-30%), Worms 2 (-80%), Settlers® 3: Ultimate Collection (-75%).

Join us in celebration of the 14th GOG Anniversary which will last until October 9th, 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
Happy 14th anniversary! May DRM-free business prosper in the years to come!
Happy anniversary GOG & thanks for the freebie!
Thank you very much for existing! You saved PC gaming for me, because im totally against DRM-infected software.

So happy anniversary, and may you live forever!
Happy anniversary and many thanks for giving away such a great game! Also, I've just noticed that GOG removed the reputation score? Wow, that's quite unexpected!
Happy Anniversary GOG!
Happy Anniversary GOG!

I can brag of being here for 12+ of those 14 years, but I'm sure some here can brag of being here for all 14 years. Next time I'll try to get here earlier.

P.S. I just looked at all of the posts earlier than mine, and yep, of course a number of people posted who registered in 2008. I upvoted everyone who registered earlier than me. :)
Post edited September 30, 2022 by faroot
Happy 14th GOG.

I have many things to be thankful for. But i will only list a few:
Thanks for DRM-free.
Thanks for the Falcom games.
Thanks for the Idea Factory/Compile Heart games.
Thanks for finally bringing Senran Kagura.
Thanks for certain classics too.

I hope to see more of the above in the next 14 years.
Hasn't the price of Shogo skyrocketed? Didn't it use to be like $3 or $3.50 or less when on sale? $7 seems quite expensive for it on SALE? Did Interplay recently get bought by greedy pricks ;like Beamdog or Mojotouch?

Compile is so wonderful Hikage, EVERY Compile game should be translated to Englisha nd be put on PC.
Post edited September 30, 2022 by Sarang
ConsulCaesar: Master of Magic is one of my favorite classic strategy games. A fantastic giveaway.
It was literally the game that brought me here.
It still surprises me I joined GOG the same month it launched.
The DRM free games I wanted most when I joined eventually showed up. Crusader No Remorse and No Regret.
GOG is older than my kid.
I can't believe it's been 14 years.

Congrats GOG. Please stick around.
Happy Anniversary GOG. Thanks for your drm free content.
Sarang: Hasn't the price of Shogo skyrocketed? Didn't it use to be like $3 or $3.50 or less when on sale? $7 seems quite expensive for it on SALE?
I bought it a bit over 10 years ago. Back then it was $6 normally, and they had a half-price sale, so yeah it was a $3 buy.
Celebrating with strawberry cheesecake ^
some early localizations started in mid 90`s.
Same stubborn people. Breath and release (a game) ✨ and love everyone for no reason ❤

edit: thank you for the free Master of Magic . . . please enhance "order history" with the "free" option to see your efforts better.
Post edited September 30, 2022 by user deleted
Sarang: Hasn't the price of Shogo skyrocketed? Didn't it use to be like $3 or $3.50 or less when on sale? $7 seems quite expensive for it on SALE?
I don't know the overall answers you're wondering about, but one data point: Feb 17 2018 ("Chinese New Year Sale") I bought "Shogo: Mobile Armor Division" for $1.99, 67% off the then-list price of $5.99.

Checking the "update history" on Steam just says "no updates found", which isn't necessarily an accurate history, but FWIW I checked that because I was wondering if they put work into it in recent years.
Happy Anniversary, GOG! I hope to see you celebrating again next year and bring more good old games to your store.