It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Gotrekus: Looks verry poor:(I thinking how is it possible? More games than last year but revenues are weaker. Where is problem?
The results are not that bad if we compare sales revenues. Those from the first half of 2021 were only 3,5 million zł lower than those from the first half of 2020. And there was no huge lockdowns this year, which paradoxically helped the gaming industry a lot in the last year. The main reason of net loss are higher selling costs which weren't compensated by higher sales revenues. In general there's no reason to be worried too much because GOG has worked out a safety buffer last year. Even a loss in the end of the year is quite tolerable in these circumstances.
Post edited September 01, 2021 by Sarafan
imo GOG's main concern should be making sure important updates reach here (not necessarily things like achievements or multiplayer, but crucial patches at least), they may have developed a reputation whereby fewer and fewer people are willing to take a chance with new games. But I may be wrong.
low rated
Gotrekus: Looks verry poor:(I thinking how is it possible? More games than last year but revenues are weaker. Where is problem?
rjbuffchix: I can only speculate, but I'd like to think that maybe some of us old-school-minded users who are boycotting GOG's direction towards increasing acceptance of DRM/online content have indeed made a difference? After all, I get the sense we are "whales" in the sense of being big purchasers, generally speaking. Maybe it turns out that chasing after newer audiences who insist on clients and beg for free games through the ill-fated Disconnect program isn't as lucrative compared to serving a vocal but otherwise loyal "minority"?
Probably you right.After next ,,Pride month" and censorship inside the forum regarding conversation about lgbt ideology. I not bought here any games. I Usually i bought 10-20 games per Year.Maybe peoples ,which think like me is more than less.
rjbuffchix: I can only speculate, but I'd like to think that maybe some of us old-school-minded users who are boycotting GOG's direction towards increasing acceptance of DRM/online content have indeed made a difference? After all, I get the sense we are "whales" in the sense of being big purchasers, generally speaking. Maybe it turns out that chasing after newer audiences who insist on clients and beg for free games through the ill-fated Disconnect program isn't as lucrative compared to serving a vocal but otherwise loyal "minority"?
Gotrekus: Probably you right.After next ,,Pride month" and censorship inside the forum regarding conversation about lgbt ideology. I not bought here any games. I Usually i bought 10-20 games per Year.Maybe peoples ,which think like me is more than less.
Just to clarify, I didn't mean "old school minded" in the way you seem to mean...
I noticed that HoMM3 has conquered # 1 days ago again. Very surprised, not by Heroes3, it is a must, but by Cyberpunk sales, I did not expect it.
Gotrekus: Probably you right.After next ,,Pride month" and censorship inside the forum regarding conversation about lgbt ideology. I not bought here any games. I Usually i bought 10-20 games per Year.Maybe peoples ,which think like me is more than less.
Again this subject? LGBT Ideology? I wanted to know where so much hallucination comes from. Could you explain to me how a heterosexual ideology works? What would such LGBT ideology be? A rainbow turning everyone gay? This is completely insane, people are what they are because they were born that way. The delusion is such that, by launching a damn drag queen comedy game, GOG automatically became a kind of "destroyer of my sexuality".

Look, honestly, it's for these and others that the world is this crap. People dying, starving, being murdered, a pandemic of insane proportions, wars and we go on in these RIDICULOUS, DELIRAL and PREJUDICED debates.

If you are concerned about "fostering services that have any kind of gay message", I suggest that you stop using your computer right now, since it was a gay man, Alan Turing, the person responsible for the computer. Let's be consistent with our speeches!

And I keep trying to figure out what the heck "LGBT ideology" has to do with a topic talking about GOG's fiscal results. Insane!

A meteor would really be wonderful in those times.
Post edited September 03, 2021 by Patias
So...
Do we have any news ?
Edward_Carnby: So...
Do we have any news ?
3rd quarter reports will be published in less than 20 minutes, then a media and investor teleconference about an hour from now.
Patias: And I keep trying to figure out what the heck "LGBT ideology" has to do with a topic talking about GOG's fiscal results. Insane!

A meteor would really be wonderful in those times.
In my case, I play games to relax and get fun. I want good games. If I want to see political stuff, I go twitter. It's the same with movies, I don't care about political ideologies, I want a good history. If I notice something like that, I usually try to avoid it.
Reports are out, revenues are a little up compared with the same quarter last year, but:
"However, despite slight revenue gains year-over-year, the CD Projekt-owned game selling website GOG.com posted a loss of 4 million PLN on revenue of 41.8 million PLN. For context, GOG.com saw 40.5 million in revenue and 130 million in profit for the same period in 2020. During a call with investors, a spokesperson for CD Projekt Red described the site's performance "does represent a challenge," and it appears to be making plans to reorganize that end of the business. "
https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/gog-is-losing-money-but-cd-projekt-s-revenue-is-still-up-in-third-quarter
According to the teleconference, sales went up 6%, but CD Projekt will move developers at GOG working on online services/Gwent to CD Projekt RED, to reduce expenses at GOG's end, and that "GOG should focus more on it's 'core business' activity which means offering a hand-picked selection of games with its unique DRM-free policy".
Post edited November 29, 2021 by SCPM
SCPM: [...] and it appears to be making plans to reorganize that end of the business.
100 years later, the purple dot forum malady still haunts these halls :P.

Hmmm... perhaps the massive investment in Galaxy is not paying off. As Geralt would put it: "who would've thunk?"...

SCPM: According to the teleconference, sales went up 6%, but CD Projekt will move developers at GOG working on online services/Gwent to CD Projekt RED, to reduce expenses at GOG's end, and that "GOG should focus more on it's 'core business' activity which means offering a hand-picked selection of games with its unique DRM-free policy".
That's probably for the best... never quite understood why Gwent was handled by the GOG division anyway.
Post edited November 29, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
low rated
Can't they used gog as a tax write off for CDprojectREtardeD

It's not that but then going on to harm groups which their customers belong to like the mens day thread where abusive posters were used as an excuse to lock it.
SCPM: it appears to be making plans to reorganize that end of the business."
Well that needs quite a bit of clarifying!

Here's last year vs this year for comparison:-
2020 (p18) - https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/11/earnings-presentation_q32020.pdf
2021 (p8) - https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2021/11/cd-projekt-group-presentation-q3-2021-results-1.pdf
Post edited November 29, 2021 by AB2012
SCPM: Reports are out, revenues are a little up compared with the same quarter last year, but:
"However, despite slight revenue gains year-over-year, the CD Projekt-owned game selling website GOG.com posted a loss of 4 million PLN on revenue of 41.8 million PLN. For context, GOG.com saw 40.5 million in revenue and 130 million in profit for the same period in 2020.
How can they have had 130 million profit on 40.5 million in revenue? Are those the wrong way round?

I agree that GOG needs to refocus its business on what makes it unique (i.e. DRM-free), and focus less on money-hungry projects like Galaxy.
SCPM: Reports are out, revenues are a little up compared with the same quarter last year, but:
"However, despite slight revenue gains year-over-year, the CD Projekt-owned game selling website GOG.com posted a loss of 4 million PLN on revenue of 41.8 million PLN. For context, GOG.com saw 40.5 million in revenue and 130 million in profit for the same period in 2020. During a call with investors, a spokesperson for CD Projekt Red described the site's performance "does represent a challenge," and it appears to be making plans to reorganize that end of the business. "
https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/gog-is-losing-money-but-cd-projekt-s-revenue-is-still-up-in-third-quarter
According to the teleconference, sales went up 6%, but CD Projekt will move developers at GOG working on online services/Gwent to CD Projekt RED, to reduce expenses at GOG's end, and that "GOG should focus more on it's 'core business' activity which means offering a hand-picked selection of games with its unique DRM-free policy".
so what does this all mean? is GOG at threat of closure in the next 12 months? or is that CDPR is willing to keep pumping money into GOG hope that things turnaround? what? The fact they added a useless bot to their support system is to me alone not a good sign.