It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lodium: ...Norway cant rely on oil forever and i think its good that its happened now than later before we got even more dependant on our oil.
Norway has huge savings in the state owned fund. This is your wealth. It is probably nominated mostly in dollars but also in euros, pounds, remimbi, .... That makes you very resistant against anything.

My savings are all in euro. If the euro goes down, so will I. Maybe I should buy some krone or more GOG games. :)
Lodium: I dont quite buy all of that.
A weak pound makes it also more atractive to import stuff from Great britian.
We're not a manufacturing country, and not been so for decades. Most money is made in the service and financial industries, both of which benefited from the EU

Its also more atractive for people to go on holliday there because not evrything is fucking expensive related to ones own currency.
For those visiting our country. The Rainy Season started about 1782 and has been going on ever since.
We do have a Royal Family and some fine mugs.
Most of our fine Architecture has been replaced with gaudy shop fronts
most historic castles are ruins
Our most famous dishes are
Fish 'n Chips (which we can thank Jewish immigrants for)
Curry (which we can thank indian immigrants for)
and Roast Beef

At the same time yes it will be more expensive for brits that want to import or travel but i dont belive for a second that all big buisness woud leave just because great britain have left the EU.
Want to?
40% of our food is imported. There is no "want" it is a need.
We have limited manufacturing industry and most consumer goods are imported, with a healthy tax reduction due to the economic clout of the EU. Which we'll loose.

Some migth leave but somone will always rise to meet the demand of the consumer.
And last time i checked there is 54,316,600 potential custommers in england alone.
I'm sure emigration services will be having a boon right now.
mechmouse: and some fine mugs.
17,410,742 of them to be precise.

(I'm kidding!)
Lodium: ...Norway cant rely on oil forever and i think its good that its happened now than later before we got even more dependant on our oil.
Trilarion: Norway has huge savings in the state owned fund. This is your wealth. It is probably nominated mostly in dollars but also in euros, pounds, remimbi, .... That makes you very resistant against anything.

My savings are all in euro. If the euro goes down, so will I. Maybe I should buy some krone or more GOG games. :)
Well, there is a saying that if you have reached the bottom or as low as one can go you can only go one way and thats up.
If krone suddenly makes a huge jump then you woud have made a smart investment
Maybe you get filthy rich and can take over the world :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzZmU0aGmcc
Pinky and the Brain - Intro Theme

But i woudt really count on my financial expertise though.
Personally i think the financial state is a bit messy and that the world has still not recovered fully from the financial crisis.
finding stuff to invest in that seams solid is a bit more difiucult than before.
Post edited June 27, 2016 by Lodium
timppu: Denmark chose to stay out of the EU cabotage rule, so... is there a way after all?
jamyskis: Nope.
Wow, thanks for that! I wonder why it wasn't pointed out in that earlier news article that Denmark has also been sued to court for the same reason? The political opposition here implied Denmark has gotten an exemption for that rule, but that doesn't seem to be the case after all.

Politicians, bah humbug!
Post edited June 27, 2016 by timppu
low rated
tinyE: Tauto wants to report me for use of "foul language".

No shit? :P
Not as bad as the filth you posted.
What's the matter buddy,can't come back with something clever?
I reported your three posts,have a nice day:)
Post edited June 27, 2016 by Tauto
So, we're starting to get some figures on the #bregret phenomenon: a survey was conducted (by the Mail on Sunday, ergo, consume with a generous pinch of salt).

According to the survey, 7% of Leave voters (1.1 million) regretted their choice, while 4% of Remain voters (0.4 million) regretted their choice.

I'm not sure why Remain voters would regret their choice, given that their retrospective choice of vote won, but anyway.

In other news:

* No second referendum (no big surprise there).
* Proud has declined further against Asian currencies.

And finally, fuck the Daily Mail and the Daily Express for trying to stoke the fires of hatred further. They are prime examples of how responsibility in journalism is supposed to not look.
Post edited June 27, 2016 by jamyskis
Gnostic: Even if they vote remain instead, nothing will change for them. no magical billions is going to drop from the sky to them either. They will still be screwed.

Which way they vote won't change much for them, in the long run. Just serving different master.

Their only comfort is they has topple the current master.
Trilarion: Is it much of a comfort?

They could form or vote for a party that makes better politics for them. It's not simple but not impossible either. That way they could topple the current master and improve their situation in the long run which may be much better than just voting to leave and nothing changes except that some people change jobs at the top.

But they could also leave and form or vote for parties that make better politics for them. So there is still some chance for that.
I spend an hour or so typing a response and then it's gone. Darn have to cut it short.

Of course there is not much comfort, people can never form a party that work for them unless they take responsibility for themselves and work together.

Politicians always act in how they can get the vote, if the common people only give them vote if they acted in the interest of the common people, the politicians have no choice but to act in the interest of the common people.

Like if the remain voters wins, the leave voters will ignore the cries of their politicians telling them it is the fault of the immigrant and dumb voters letting in immigrant taking their job, their land, rape their women etc etc and tell the remain voters OK, since the majority of "US" voted to remain, we will work towards it and see how to get the best outcome of it. We will take in immigrants, but not to the extent of selling our house or kidney to support the cause. The remain voters will tell the leave voters we will try to negotiate better deals with the EU, however if we find the pro and cons of leaving outweigh the remain, we will not be stuck on the idea of remaining and see how to leave

Or if the leave voters wins, the remain voters will ignore cries of their politicians telling them it is the fault of the racist voters, old voters, and voters who live in certain area should not vote. They will tell the leave voters that OK, since the majority of "US" voted to leave, we will work towards that and see how to get the best outcome of it. We will take in less immigrants, but not to the extent that there are job nobody want and unable to fill. The leave voters will tell the remain voters that we are using leaving if the EU still want to enforce negative rules on us. If we can get a better deal, we are not stuck on leaving and will remain.

But the common people let them get away with votes by telling lies. Like the problems that happen to you are not your fault, it is the opposition, the EU, the racist, the privilege, the imaginary enemy. Vote for us and I will take care of your problems. You are the victim.

We did not see voters from the right go to voters on the left and say their politicians have a good plan but is missing out these things, can we lobby for the politicians to take these into account so we both can vote for them together.

Nor we see voters from the left go to voters on the right saying they are worried that their politicians has been in power for too long, if their politicians can compromise this for that, they can vote for the politicians together.

All we see is the common people make the politicians cause their own cause, fighting the other common people like them and calling each other stupid, racist, names and trying to silence each other. And time and time again it is proven that the politicians don't really make their lives better, and the benefits they give come at a cost. Still people cling to the politicians hoping they will make things better instead of trying to make things better for themselves.
I still cannot get over the 350 million pounds per week. I mean everyone knows that if you make financial transactions back and forth the net effect is the most important part, i.e. the money you sent minus the money you got. Only reporting one half of the sum and telling people you can now additionally spent all this while completely failing to mention there is another part (negative and significant) is quite dis-informative.

I found this prognosis from the HM Treasury (http://www.statista.com/statistics/316964/net-contributions-to-eu-budget-by-united-kingdom-uk-to-eu-european-union/). If I divide 10 bn pound by 52 weeks I only arrive at 200 million pounds per week. It's quite a difference.
Post edited June 27, 2016 by Trilarion
Gnostic: Even if they vote remain instead, nothing will change for them. no magical billions is going to drop from the sky to them either. They will still be screwed.

Which way they vote won't change much for them, in the long run. Just serving different master.

Their only comfort is they has topple the current master.
Erpy: Actually...

This comes across as the owner of a town's crappiest house burning down said entire town so that at least all those stuck-up elitists will be homeless too from now on, but something tells me a that rather than possessing a self-destructive "cut off my nose to spite my face" attitude, a lot of these folks simply never realized the impact the EU was already having on their lives.
The chart conveniently leave out what is the job that is dependent on the EU. Is that jobs that the common people can have?

Also do you presume they will stop selling to the EU if UK leave, and EU is the only customer?

Sure, it will have some effect, EU is not the only customer right? Countries in the EU cannot trade with countries out of EU?
Trilarion: I still cannot get over the 350 million pounds per week. I mean everyone knows that if you make financial transactions back and forth the net effect is the most important part, i.e. the money you sent minus the money you got. Only reporting one half of the sum and telling people you can now additionally spent all this while completely failing to mention there is another part (negative and significant) is quite dis-informative.

I found this prognosis from the HM Treasury (http://www.statista.com/statistics/316964/net-contributions-to-eu-budget-by-united-kingdom-uk-to-eu-european-union/). If I divide 10 bn pound by 52 weeks I only arrive at 200 million pounds per week. It's quite a difference.
And that doesn't include all the money coming back to farmers and as development grants
petitmal: Perhaps I jumped to conclusions. I apologize.

Some houses need tearing down before rebuilding, that's true; it can be best. But the comparison does not fit: the Union is not a house. If you tear down the E.U. and rebuild it I wonder which occupants it will attract, if any, when the rebuilding is done. (I think it is more like a marriage. Once they are tore down they don't usually get rebuilded. If you want to save them you try to better them from the inside).

Now, when the *European House* stays empty afterwards, some might argue there's no need for this house, this ideal no more. I believe differently. I think history will repeat itself and Europe runs the risk of descending in bickering and argument - again. In my view one thing this failing Europe DID achieve is that our generation lives in the longest interbellum in Europe's history. One success that is put aside all to easily. Seems to me we have forgotten each generation before us experienced a European war at least once in a lifetime. Farage; Wilders; Le Pen; Grillo; these people do not hold the answers; their nostalgia longs for something that never was.

I like to address something you said about fear: it is a feeling; an emotion, One that has been used by both sides in the Brexit campaign, and one that in a way, sticks up its ugly head in this discussion too. It is time for us to understand that in these matters it is best to use our heads. The people in the U.K. who grudged against the Union will in a few years grudge against their own government - as they did before. Because that is what they do. They grudge. They feel. Thinking, as a fact of the matter, is deemed highly suspect.

We may ask ourselves: do we generally take our best decissions when we use emotion or when we use intellect, or a mix of both gently put together?

I apologize for being headstrong as well. I was too eager to reach a conclusion, somehow my emotions took the best of me . ;)

Thank you for you r reply... which I do not consider to be futile.
Those are very good points, actually.

When you say " when the *European House* stays empty afterwards, some might argue there's no need for this house, this ideal no more", I too believe differently. Like you, I believe we need a united Europe, just not the way it is now. Its current state is self-serving only to a few select few, like Junker & his cronies.

You are absolutely right this is probably the longest period without war that Europe has gone through. For that, the EU with all its iterations that kept changing throughout the years was very well worth it. But this peace period is about to end, unless a lot of pressure is released.

I believe the UK leaving the EU will release enough pressure for everyone to keep its cool for a bit longer. Obviously we are entering now the "what if" field of discussion, but look at what's happening with a critical eye.

There are reports of attacks and/or discrimination against my people in the UK. This is unprecedented. We have always had good relations with England & the UK, many of them always spend their vacations here, and there's always been Portuguese people in the UK, always welcome.

This whole migration madness has raised animosities to such an extent that Portuguese people are being harassed right now. You can clearly see this is not a problem of race or colour, like many would have you believe. There's been too much pressure for multiculturalism, way too fast & this is reaching the breaking point, regardless of what the idealists said.

I was expecting this backlash, but not this fast, or this strong. I do not want this to happen. I do not want to see the extreme right taking hold of Europe as it is now.

Everyone really needs to back down from their positions & have a good look at the state of the whole world right now. Multiculturalism can't be forced, there cannot be two or more sets of laws for different people & we cannot favour one over the other, which is what's happening right now.

The plans failed. All of them. Back down, make other plans. Rebuild Europe. Plan for better migration. Yes, it will take years, decades. But it's the only way. We can't keep digging this hole!

Sorry for veering off in this tangent, but this is one reason I wanted to see UK flipping the bird to the EU. To weaken all these mad policies, to release some pressure. I believe all these things are interconnected. The longer this went on - and goes on, it's still going - the worse the backlash will be.

Reality cannot be contained.

Becoming even more divisive over the UK's exit is destructive. The right path, the constructive path, is for us all to accept it happened, have a good look at everything else that is happening & change the way things are being done. Because this is obviously not working. At all.
I don't know if my previous post made any sense, I'm pretty shaken up to see new divisions where there used to be none.

This is all backfiring. There is now more racism, bigotry & xenophobia than ever before. The dream of a world without borders has failed spectacularly.
catpower1980: ........................................................
jamyskis: Lest you're looking to put words in his mouth, the last time Europe failed to decisively put down nationalism pre-emptively, France and Britain ended up having to put it down by military force here in Germany.
France and Britain failed to enforce the overly punitive terms of the Versailles Treaty, which they themselves had imposed on Germany; terms which, quite ironically, helped bring into being the ultranationalism that very nearly destroyed them.

Once again, jamyskis, you show yourself to be a complete and utter boob.
British parliament sessions surely are more entertaining then German ones.
though much like in Germany we probably won't get much information out of this one :p

Cameron is just weaseling out of any decision. He should have brought a sign saying: "This is for the next leader to decide".

and Scotland is not amused.