It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
CEABFD

Would you kindly keep me included as before

As always, huge thanks for contributions to discussion, and maintaining the boycott.
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: I see you are quite new, galaxy is 90% of the problems here! It all went downhill just before the release of galaxy and has just got worse since then. In fact other than denuvo, clientwares in general are the root cause of all the issues in the gaming world facilitating marketplaces, microtransactions, online only, dependancy, company lock-in, endless dlc and updates for broken at launch games, drm providing etc.
HerooftheNexus2021: I hear that, but perhaps it could be made better if it was made open source. Unlike other clients, which are proprietary and shitty. As it stands, I am unable to access multiplayer features on the games I purchase without using GOG Galaxy. And, since I'm on Linux, I can't.
True, what would be better though is if they simply went for some open multiplayer setup rather than trying to do their own. There are other threads on this, and seeing as my multiplayer would be two computers connected by serial cable (doom back in the day), I am not one to talk about it. Mostly that is down to devs though, and most are so heavily invested in steam they don’t even want to support gog multiplayer. Same with mods nowadays too, non steam users are locked out of half the modding community and now devs are getting in on that as well (Bethesda).
low rated
HerooftheNexus2021: As it stands, I am unable to access multiplayer features on the games I purchase without using GOG Galaxy. And, since I'm on Linux, I can't.
Proof positive that Galaxy requirements are DRM.
low rated
Orkhepaj: does this continue? did it achieve anything?
Look at Zrevnur's post about GOG's financial performance - a loss of US$562,900 (using the 1,000PLN/260US$ conversion rate) in Q1 2021.

Now there are currently over 120 boycotters listed with 40 sympathetic. Assuming those 120 each would have spent US$100 on average, that means GOG lost out on US$120,000. Not enough to cover their losses, but at the same a company that's bleeding red on their balance sheet cannot afford to be complacent about any lost income.

As for this thread's future - I'm firmly for C to highlight the longevity of this thread (and the determination of the boycotters compared to the fly-by-drive-through nature of the naysayers and outright trolls). If a title change must be contemplated, then retain the year of origin (e.g. "Boycotting GOG 2021 onwards"). Option A just creates a new problem for 2023 (if this fiasco, or GOG itself, is still going), A and B both mean losing all the previous posts and D removes the main indicator of this thread's timeline.
low rated
AstralWanderer: Now there are currently over 120 boycotters listed with 40 sympathetic. Assuming those 120 each would have spent US$100 on average, that means GOG lost out on US$120,000.
You might want to redo your math.

120 x $100 = $12,000 (not $120,000).
And GOG's cut is not 100% of the sale, only 30% (70% goes to the developer/publisher).
So $12,000 x 0.3 = $3,600.
low rated
mrkgnao: You might want to redo your math...
Oops my bad.

But my figures could be reached by 2054! ;)
low rated
AstralWanderer: Oops my bad.

Just in time for GOG's announcement that the Purple Dot bug has been fixed.
low rated

mrkgnao: Just in time for GOG's announcement that the Purple Dot bug has been fixed.
Purple Dot bug will never be fixed! It's like Creation Engine bugs, they are embedded in the system and thus unfixable!
Post edited December 22, 2021 by GlorFindel
low rated
Time4Tea: C) Keep this thread going, no change to the title

D) Keep this thread going, change title to remove the year
C
D (maybe change it to "Boycotting GOG since 2021")
low rated

Please don't forget that the investment costs for Gwent and Galaxy have been payed by GoG in the past.
We all got an Email telling us, that Gwent is now a game of CD Project and not only GoG anymore.
And after Galaxy didn't payed out as hoped, we see development slowed down too there.

Bringing up a net loss because of one time investment costs, claiming it to be the shadow of the dawn is never the brightest idea.

Btw, the GoG cut can be lower depending on the contract afaik.

I wouldn't trust that list to much anyway.
At last the last one on that list is already deleted (you get an 404 and not an "page does not exist" when you want to go to the profile), while some only got 10 games at all and others - lets say it seems like a buy after joining the boycott...

And I just was opening some profiles randomly after i took a look at the last guy who was a troll for sure.
low rated
I assume everyone who is boycotting GOG because of DRM is also not spending a dime on Steam or other client-based storefronts, right? Because that of course is the only way that one's principles would actually have value. If principles are selective, and optional, they're not principles at all.
low rated
Akalabeth: I assume everyone who is boycotting GOG because of DRM is also not spending a dime on Steam or other client-based storefronts, right? Because that of course is the only way that one's principles would actually have value. If principles are selective, and optional, they're not principles at all.
Quite right. Hear hear!
low rated
Akalabeth: If principles are selective, and optional, they're not principles at all.
That's not how that works dot jpg
low rated
Akalabeth: If principles are selective, and optional, they're not principles at all.
GamezRanker: That's not how that works dot jpg
Actually that's EXACTLY how principles work. The principle should be applied equally and evenly, anything less is a double standard. And when it comes to Steam in particular, gamers I find have both unhealthy double standards and sentimental attachment. They go so far as to actively crusade against any store which might threaten Steam (see Origin & EGS).
low rated
Akalabeth: I assume everyone who is boycotting GOG because of DRM is also not spending a dime on Steam or other client-based storefronts, right?
afaik, mrkgnao has a way to get the DRM-free games on Steam without having to use the client (command line or console or something, he'd have to explain it again)