It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
does this continue? did it achieve anything?
Post edited December 21, 2021 by Orkhepaj
low rated
I would keep this thread open, mainly as I see it as good source of many different reasons for GOG what is going wrong and how they can fix some of it. There are just so many different good opinions, feedback and ideas, starting a new thread would mean to collect everything again, which would cost more time and effort.

To be clear, I don't believe anyone from GOG who is really in the position to change something has or will read it, I gave up on that, especially after this year with the piggy bag DLC and Hitman mess. But they should have the option and chance to do so if they want to, it's fair to let them know why so many old crowd moved on.

Also I think for someone like me (only check for installer updates and some bookmarked threads) it's a good information source to check in from time to time to see if maybe something is changing.
low rated
I would put A with a link to the old thread,B or add 2022 to any other titles.
low rated
Orkhepaj: did it achieve anything?
Nope.
low rated
Orkhepaj: does this continue? did it achieve anything?
Even if it did, CD Projekt/GOG are likely to keep quite about that, because, aside from the Hitman case, they've been acting for quite a while as if the silence treatment helps anything.

And even if this thread did not help, as other mentioned, the forum users are only a fraction of GOG's userbase, and so many more could've started a silent boycott without ever realizing this thread exists.
low rated
_Auster_: ...and so many more could've started a silent boycott without ever realizing this thread exists.
And in my imaginary land there are pixies, fairies, and fluffy unicorns!
low rated
Time4Tea: Hey everyone. Alright, seeing as option A has fallen through with that other thread getting locked, I am going to propose that we 'reset' the voting to try to get more clarity on where people want to take the thread. Option C seems to be the most popular, based on the responses so far, which would be to start a new thread for 2022 but keep as much continuity with the old one as possible.

There was also a suggestion that we could just keep this thread going, but ask a forum mod to change the title to remove the year. I think that idea has some merit, since it would maintain good continuity and the record of the discussion that has taken place so far. I am a little concerned that if we start a new thread, we might just have a repeat of much of the discussion that has taken place already in this thread. But I don't know, maybe that would be a good thing, for the benefit of newcomers who may not have been involved in the boycott last year?

So, let's do a new vote on the following options. Transferable preference vote system, like before, until we reach a majority decision:

A) Create a new thread for a 2022 boycott (with 2022 in the title)

B) Create a new boycott thread with no year in the title

C) Keep this thread going, no change to the title

D) Keep this thread going, change title to remove the year

Hopefully this will give some better clarity as to what direction we will go with the boycott thread in the new year. I'll count votes on Friday, unless it becomes very obvious before then that there is a large majority for one option.

Hexchild: IMO this applies equally if we extend and keep using the same thread, because the scope (i.e. 2021) under which everyone has consented to be on these lists would still change.
Time4Tea: I think we're ok to just roll over the existing list. I mean, very little has changed since this time last year, so it seems reasonable to assume it's more likely people who signed up would continue boycotting. If anyone wants to be removed from the list, they can easily request it and I'll happily take them off.

If there are people on the list who don't frequent the forum any more and so don't see a new thread, that may be because they have left the site altogether (so again, probably more accurate to keep them on the list).
I would prefer D or C. You can keep the year, if you want to show the year the boycott started. Or you can add 2022 to show that it is still ongoing. But in any case I would keep this established thread active and not make a new thread.
low rated
Time4Tea: So, let's do a new vote on the following options. Transferable preference vote system, like before, until we reach a majority decision
Eh, I don't have strong opinions on this. so I'll defer to the rest of you. But feel free to add me to any upcoming list of active boycotters and/or keep me in the current one.

Personally I'll be boycotting anyway, with or without threads, at least until I notice some real effort from GOG to communicate with their customer base about the numerous issues brought up here and elsewhere, not neglecting any of the spaces reachable through their website's community link (such as this forum), to figure out where to go from here.

Their response to the Hitman backlash was a small step in the right direction, but in the grand scheme of things rather unimpressive. There's for sure been a notable lack of blue posts in this thread, where discussion of many issues abounds.

Hexchild: IMO this applies equally if we extend and keep using the same thread, because the scope (i.e. 2021) under which everyone has consented to be on these lists would still change.
Time4Tea: I think we're ok to just roll over the existing list. I mean, very little has changed since this time last year, so it seems reasonable to assume it's more likely people who signed up would continue boycotting. If anyone wants to be removed from the list, they can easily request it and I'll happily take them off.
For what it's worth, I'm not personally all that fussed about it. I just figure it's conceivable that some people might be.

Orkhepaj: did it achieve anything?
Mr.Mumbles: Nope.
I'll just reiterate what I posted before:

Hexchild: I had it pegged at probably 2-3 years, but perhaps as quickly as 6 months if we get really lucky.
I still think that assessment is reasonable, though only if it actually garners attention far beyond this forum, and clearly the 6 months didn't happen.
low rated
I'd like to see GOG start making a real effort to get on their fans' good sides. Releasing a "GOG Galaxy 3.0" for Linux, and even making it 'open source', is a good start.
low rated
Mr.Mumbles: Nope.
Yes.

1) It allowed me to feel better with myself for not buying at a place that I believe has been mistreating a fair number of its customers (myself included) for a long time.
2) It saved me money which I was able to spend elsewhere.
Post edited December 22, 2021 by mrkgnao
low rated
_Auster_: Even if it did, CD Projekt/GOG are likely to keep quite about that, because, aside from the Hitman case, they've been acting for quite a while as if the silence treatment helps anything.
To be fair.
People like in this thread (and people who are in this thread I bet) have been very vocal (to say it nice) in any kind of direct communication. I don't know about gog, but this kind of "being vocal" went up to death threats in some cases and usually personal insults (openly and on private channels).

I do understand everyone who is handling community communication more "professional" - which most of the time means simply not getting into any kind of dialog.

Its not like this thread went off the rails some times too...
And taking a look at the supporter list and seeing some well known names for me and obvious (political) troll accounts...

Forget about any idea about a grown up communication with them.

And to be fair, just after the very first glimpse I won't ever be able to take the OP of this thread serious at all.
Maybe you got an idea why.
Post edited December 21, 2021 by randomuser.833
low rated
HerooftheNexus2021: I'd like to see GOG start making a real effort to get on their fans' good sides. Releasing a "GOG Galaxy 3.0" for Linux, and even making it 'open source', is a good start.
I see you are quite new, galaxy is 90% of the problems here! It all went downhill just before the release of galaxy and has just got worse since then. In fact other than denuvo, clientwares in general are the root cause of all the issues in the gaming world facilitating marketplaces, microtransactions, online only, dependancy, company lock-in, endless dlc and updates for broken at launch games, drm providing etc.
low rated
HerooftheNexus2021: I'd like to see GOG start making a real effort to get on their fans' good sides. Releasing a "GOG Galaxy 3.0" for Linux, and even making it 'open source', is a good start.
nightcraw1er.488: I see you are quite new, galaxy is 90% of the problems here! It all went downhill just before the release of galaxy and has just got worse since then. In fact other than denuvo, clientwares in general are the root cause of all the issues in the gaming world facilitating marketplaces, microtransactions, online only, dependancy, company lock-in, endless dlc and updates for broken at launch games, drm providing etc.
I hear that, but perhaps it could be made better if it was made open source. Unlike other clients, which are proprietary and shitty. As it stands, I am unable to access multiplayer features on the games I purchase without using GOG Galaxy. And, since I'm on Linux, I can't.
low rated
Oh, I see how the "Rep Trolls" are working hard on this thread lately.

But, no matter, I vote for A, as I did before and suggest the name of new thread to be "Boycotting GOG 2022-20XY"

And on a side note: I came with name for that possible new thread, when my parents, who are now in early 70s, wrote their names on our family grave with year of their birth, which is 1949 with "-" in the middle and 20 and two empty spaces, so we (my brother and I) can just add the last two numbers.

It's also, fitting for GOG, as currently GOG is on a downward spiral to its own death!
low rated
GlorFindel: And on a side note: I came with name for that possible new thread, when my parents, who are now in early 70s, wrote their names on our family grave with year of their birth, which is 1949 with "-" in the middle and 20 and two empty spaces, so we (my brother and I) can just add the last two numbers.
That is a wonderful idea....I mean naming this old thread(with mod help) or a new thread to "Boycotting Gog 2022-" or similar.

=-=-=-=-=
Time4Tea: Hey everyone.
I am ok with either changing the name of the current thread to the above, or making a new thread with said title.
Post edited December 22, 2021 by GamezRanker