It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Witch2Gog6: "Big Daddy Toxic Tom", ladies and gentlemen. The jokes write themselves.
toxicTom: Well, now I'd like to hear it.
Write themselves, ladies and gentlemen.

Write ourselves. Ah-hem, themselves. Write themselves.

If you'd prefer I be more direct: You are speaking in circles and being very emotionally passive-aggressive. So, what you are posting is neither logical nor emotionally sensitive. It is provocative in a very vanilla, milquetoast way. Based on these speech characteristics, I assume you are, yourself, in marketing? Or a target demographic being paid for posting here? You cannot be serious. Could not be less serious.
Post edited April 30, 2021 by Witch2Gog6
Witch2Gog6: You are so clearly not a serious poster.

You are not arguing anything from an intellectually honest position.

Is this your job or something? You sound exactly like a marketer 'bot with your psychotic word salad. Even teenagers don't talk this way. No one has. Ever. It is entirely artificial.
I highly suggest you read a bit more, rather than jump to silly conclusions and accusations. Mind and measure your words, it's a wise thing to do, whether online or not.
high rated
toxicTom: Ok, I get it. You'd like refund rate in actual money than "game units". I don't think the difference is too high, since CP is probably a large factor either way, no? I mean it was both the big seller and the big refunded game.
Well, if it wasn't a large factor, GOG wouldn't have decided to hide the actual refund value behind the 'number of games' metric. They still sell lots of small games - and give games away for free - that are never refunded.

And if you say 'But they wouldn't include the free games in their sales number! That would be unethical!' ... oh yes, they would. Anything to make the numbers look pretty. And a game sold for 0$ is still a game 'sold (TM)' and not returned, right?
low rated
Witch2Gog6: You are so clearly not a serious poster.

You are not arguing anything from an intellectually honest position.

Is this your job or something? You sound exactly like a marketer 'bot with your psychotic word salad. Even teenagers don't talk this way. No one has. Ever. It is entirely artificial.
patrikc: I highly suggest you read a bit more, rather than jump to silly conclusions and accusations. Mind and measure your words, it's a wise thing to do, whether online or not.
How swift to the word-salad ad hominem. (Yawn.) Seems that is all you've got. So you are a marketer paid to hide your identity as a marketer while marketing. Good luck with that hustle. Hope you get hired for it. Cannot say I want you to remain employed, though, if I'm honest.

Just like you asked: "Can you please be more specific? I'm not quite sure I'm following you. Are you angry at [something]?" Right back at ya.
Zrevnur: If you dont like nagging and bitterness - maybe you are in the wrong thread. I would argue the thread title kind of gives this away too?
Well, if I may politely point out that I was writing about the forum and users in general, and not about this thread specifically?
That the forum here has a pretty bad reputation as home of an unfriendly, grumpy and ungrateful community is a fact. I've seen even devs post about it.
The result is that nobody takes even valid complaints seriously any more. It comes across as "the usual whining on GOG". Always "crying wolf".

It wasn't like that a few years ago. One can argue that GOG has made a lot of questionable decisions in the last few years (and is very inept in communicating them - which would sometimes make a huge difference) - which is undoubtedly true. On the other hand a thread like this one in another place would have been locked and deleted quickly, and the participants banned, possibly for life.
Witch2Gog6: If you'd prefer I be more direct: You are speaking in circles and being very emotionally passive-aggressive. So, what you are posting is neither logical nor emotionally sensitive. It is provocative in a very vanilla, milquetoast way. Based on these speech characteristics, I assume you are, yourself, in marketing? Or a target demographic being paid for posting here? You cannot be serious. Could not be less serious.
I'm waiting for the joke(s).

And yeah, I'm making millions posting here. Envious?
Post edited April 30, 2021 by toxicTom
Lifthrasil: Well, if it wasn't a large factor, GOG wouldn't have decided to hide the actual refund value behind the 'number of games' metric. They still sell lots of small games - and give games away for free - that are never refunded.

And if you say 'But they wouldn't include the free games in their sales number! That would be unethical!' ... oh yes, they would. Anything to make the numbers look pretty. And a game sold for 0$ is still a game 'sold (TM)' and not returned, right?
I do think they "hide" the actual refund because they are (like all CDP) really reluctant to publish hard numbers concerning money. Even their shareholder get the bare minimum they entitled to. CDP is not a very transparent company, and neither is GOG.

But I do think "percentage of units" is a natural metric for refunds. And nobody would complain if it weren't for the CP77 drama. Does anyone have number for Steam? How do they measure?

As for the give-aways - only a blue could clear that up, but you could be right. Or not. According to the leaflet 28M items (games and goodies) were given away by GOG. But we don't know the total number of sold items so *shrug*, really hard to make an educated guess.
low rated
Zrevnur: If you dont like nagging and bitterness - maybe you are in the wrong thread. I would argue the thread title kind of gives this away too?
toxicTom: Well, if I may politely point out that I was writing about the forum and users in general, and not about this thread specifically?
That the forum here has a pretty bad reputation as home of an unfriendly, grumpy and ungrateful community is a fact. I've seen even devs post about it.
The result is that nobody takes even valid complaints seriously any more. It comes across as "the usual whining on GOG". Always "crying wolf".

It wasn't like that a few years ago. One can argue that GOG has made a lot of questionable decisions in the last few years (and is very inept in communicating them - which would sometimes make a huge difference) - which is undoubtedly true. On the other hand a thread like this one in another place would have been locked and deleted quickly, and the participants banned, possibly for life.
Witch2Gog6: If you'd prefer I be more direct: You are speaking in circles and being very emotionally passive-aggressive. So, what you are posting is neither logical nor emotionally sensitive. It is provocative in a very vanilla, milquetoast way. Based on these speech characteristics, I assume you are, yourself, in marketing? Or a target demographic being paid for posting here? You cannot be serious. Could not be less serious.
toxicTom: I'm waiting for the joke(s).

And yeah, I'm making millions posting here. Envious?
Pfft. Sorry. I have been laughing at your mental gymnastics. Was I supposed to take it seriously? Because that would mean I have to think that . . . you really ARE working for somebody! OMG. OMGomgomgomg, I am so envious!!! To live the life of an AI/'bot/drone. How 22nd century. How cyborgian, futuristic, fantastique. We are the world. We are the future. GOG gaming forum text arguing circles, so let's start giving.

All your recent posts that I have read look like something from a precocious and combative pre-teen who JUST learned how to play "devil's advocate" in the most obnoxious ways imaginable so isn't tired of it yet. Raise the bar. Say something comprehensible or at least that you yourself find defensible. Submissive ur-language whines at this point would be acceptable. At least then we could write you off and ignore your pop-ups. You sound like someone who is paid to aggressively disagree with online criticism of GOG/CDPR but in a very lazy way. Almost like you hate your job. Sooo jealous. If I could just make money or at least get a job telling people to "shut up and get -ing used to it" . . . well, the world would be my oyster.

Good morning/afternoon/night. Stay laughing at those jokes. Wait for it, wait for it . . . the joke is coming . . . wait for it . . . just wait . . . wait . . .
Witch2Gog6: Wait for it, wait for it . . . the joke is coming . . . wait for it . . . just wait . . . wait . . .
I'm thrilled! But I thought those jokes write themselves? Pretty slow writers?
low rated
Witch2Gog6: Wait for it, wait for it . . . the joke is coming . . . wait for it . . . just wait . . . wait . . .
toxicTom: I'm thrilled! But I thought those jokes write themselves? Pretty slow writers?
We get it, we get it. What you lack in veracity you more than make up for in repetitiveness, aggression, and circularity. You are implying you do not get the joke that your chosen user name is DIRECTLY related to the general sense ONE CAN EASILY GET about you from reading YOUR OWN POSTS Because these jokes are just that original, folks! This is a really out-there take on things, but try to follow it if you can. The payload is laughs and laughs.

I get it. It is totally not just comprehensible but BELIEVABLE that you didn't get the joke. Wow, the layers! We are like in the matrix but aware of the matrix while wondering whether we can be sure we are in or out of the matrix. How Joycean and out there. I mean, how obscure it is to connect the words of your user name to what they actually mean and then, oh my god, wait for it! I mean it: wait for it! THEN, and this is totally original, connecting the common and popular meaning of THE WORDS YOU USE IN YOUR USER NAME to YOUR ACTUAL POSTS.

(breathless, heaving for oxygen, such an olympic feat for an amateur and a true gamesman's try)

Hope this helped you understand your own posts and what is likely a very common reaction to them because what you are posting is so ridiculous it cannot be taken seriously. Send a memo to your wannabe-overlords.

Good bye. :)

P.S. We know you hate your job. Blink twice if you want help escaping. Just blink twice. Or, just quit and join us. We don't really have the resources for a rescue mission. I mean, if we save you, well, how many can we save. How many loyalist corporate drones can we save? That is the question that keeps me up at nights.
Witch2Gog6: Good bye. :)
You're done making a fool of yourself already? *sadface* It was getting more funny by the minute.

I just hope the rest of the people here - some of which I hold in high respect, no matter what I think about the "boycott" action - aren't too embarrassed by your "supportive" posts. Better cut the "we" next time.
Lifthrasil: Well, if it wasn't a large factor, GOG wouldn't have decided to hide the actual refund value behind the 'number of games' metric. They still sell lots of small games - and give games away for free - that are never refunded.

toxicTom: I do think they "hide" the actual refund because they are (like all CDP) really reluctant to publish hard numbers concerning money. Even their shareholder get the bare minimum they entitled to. CDP is not a very transparent company, and neither is GOG.
Which is a very sad state for a company, that used to pride itself on it's transparency and open communication. But those days are long gone. GOG has become what they used to contrast themselves against.
low rated
Witch2Gog6: Good bye. :)
toxicTom: You're done making a fool of yourself already? *sadface* It was getting more funny by the minute.

I just hope the rest of the people here - some of which I hold in high respect, no matter what I think about the "boycott" action - aren't too embarrassed by your "supportive" posts. Better cut the "we" next time.
You've misused your quotes. " "

And not for the first or the last time, I'd wager.

Good night, nonetheless.

;)
Lifthrasil: Which is a very sad state for a company, that used to pride itself on it's transparency and open communication. But those days are long gone. GOG has become what they used to contrast themselves against.
Has GOG ever been truly transparent? I mean, yeah, back in the good old days staff would more openly chat on the forum, also about some internals. But actual numbers? I mean, we were discussing Kyudoo with Firek and tricks and traps of Linux with Judas and but not sales... I think actual transparency was never GOG's strong suit. On the contrary, we often were presented with established facts without ever being asked if we really wanted this - the redesign, Galaxy, user profiles, Epic store integration...

Communication in general started heavily degrading around 2015, IMO, which also saw the departure of very highly regarded regulars and increasing radio silence from staff.
Blues have been showing their faces more in the last few weeks, but probably mostly because they're "encouraged" and paid to do it, not because they feel like talking to the users like in the old days. I see a vicious circle at work here - the loud silence in the last few years lead to a lot of frustration, especially for the regulars, which in turn created a bit of a hostile atmosphere which again made the staff less inclined to interact with the community. It may be just a tiny but vocal minority who further this "bad atmosphere" - after all staff posts are almost always high-rated - but I can imagine that it's not always pleasant for GOG employees to show their face here.
Lifthrasil: Which is a very sad state for a company, that used to pride itself on it's transparency and open communication. But those days are long gone. GOG has become what they used to contrast themselves against.
toxicTom: Has GOG ever been truly transparent? I mean, yeah, back in the good old days staff would more openly chat on the forum, also about some internals. But actual numbers? I mean, we were discussing Kyudoo with Firek and tricks and traps of Linux with Judas and but not sales... I think actual transparency was never GOG's strong suit. On the contrary, we often were presented with established facts without ever being asked if we really wanted this - the redesign, Galaxy, user profiles, Epic store integration...

Communication in general started heavily degrading around 2015, IMO, which also saw the departure of very highly regarded regulars and increasing radio silence from staff.
Both points are true. GOG wasn't that transparent with numbers. And the down-turn of GOG was accompanied by the departure of the engaged, idealistic part of the staff.
Lifthrasil: Both points are true. GOG wasn't that transparent with numbers. And the down-turn of GOG was accompanied by the departure of the engaged, idealistic part of the staff.
Question is, why did that happen? Is it just "natural wear" after working on the same things for years? Or did the work climate degrade so bad?