It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nightcraw1er.488: It’s been systematically proven over and over, it’s bad at every level.
toxicTom: See?
Yes, I see someone stating their opinion in a manner just as categorical as you. I could just as well now bemoan how complaining about other gamers is apparently the meaning of your life.
Post edited April 30, 2021 by Breja
mrkgnao: I don't know what you consider a low number, but even if the return rate of CP2077 was 1% my point is still true.
Really? That is a low number. Even if it's hundreds of thousand of people. It means 99% of people (many million) were happy enough with the game to keep it. Even with (albeit slow) convenient refund options in place.

And that taking into account the really overblown expectations - like I wrote, I really do get that people were disappointed. I don't blame anyone who thinks the game isn't what was promised. I feel so myself.
But it's still a really great game (minus the bugs and crashes). Just not... what it looked like in the earlier trailers.

I really thought the refund numbers were a lot higher after all the disappointment. Like even 20% or something like that. Which even would have been deserved (and the game would still have been a massive hit, money-wise).
low rated
mrkgnao: I don't know what you consider a low number, but even if the return rate of CP2077 was 1% my point is still true.
toxicTom: Really? That is a low number. Even if it's hundreds of thousand of people. It means 99% of people (many million) were happy enough with the game to keep it. Even with (albeit slow) convenient refund options in place.

And that taking into account the really overblown expectations - like I wrote, I really do get that people were disappointed. I don't blame anyone who thinks the game isn't what was promised. I feel so myself.
But it's still a really great game (minus the bugs and crashes). Just not... what it looked like in the earlier trailers.

I really thought the refund numbers were a lot higher after all the disappointment. Like even 20% or something like that. Which even would have been deserved (and the game would still have been a massive hit, money-wise).
I don't understand. I wasn't refrerring anywhere to whether the game was good or bad, disappointing or not, or anything like that.

My point was:
"- Slide #7: Refund rate is expressed in units, instead of the natural metric, which is currency (US$). The reason for that is that most of the refunds are likely to be CP2077, which is quite expensive and would raise the refund rate percentage significantly."
Breja: Yes, I see someone stating their opinion in a manner just as cathegorical as you.
it’s bad at every level.
is not cathegorical? Come on...

Speak after me: "I want to hate this game".

There's good things and bad things in this game. I personally don't like driving. It's clumsy. The standard FOV is bad. I already talked about the other things I was disappointed with. But have you actually played it? Have you actually seen how tiny, seemingly unconnected missions interlink with each other? How when you simply walk up some stairs, or go into an alley off the beaten path found a small story that is told by the environment alone? No?

Maybe complaining about things has become your meaning of life? If I duckduckgo site:gog.com:Breja, what will I find? I'm actually afraid to to try.
mrkgnao: I don't understand. I wasn't refrerring anywhere to whether the game was good or bad, disappointing or not, or anything like that.

My point was:
"- Slide #7: Refund rate is expressed in units, instead of the natural metric, which is currency (US$). The reason for that is that most of the refunds are likely to be CP2077, which is quite expensive and would raise the refund rate percentage significantly."
Ok, I get it. You'd like refund rate in actual money than "game units". I don't think the difference is too high, since CP is probably a large factor either way, no? I mean it was both the big seller and the big refunded game.
Post edited April 30, 2021 by toxicTom
mrkgnao: I don't understand. I wasn't refrerring anywhere to whether the game was good or bad, disappointing or not, or anything like that.

My point was:
toxicTom: Ok, I get it. You'd like refund rate in actual money than "game units". I don't think the difference is too high, since CP is probably a large factor either way, no? I mean it was both the big seller and the big refunded game.
It's impossible to say without the actual numbers. However, their decision to use units instead of the more natural (IMO) money is at best suspicious.

EDIT: Oops. Sorry, typo. I just saw that I wrote 1% up there. I meant to write 10%. With 1% you are most likely right.
Post edited April 30, 2021 by mrkgnao
toxicTom: I mean it was both the big seller and the big refunded game.
In case you dont understand the logic underlying the request for using money instead of 'units' a hypothetical example for explaining the potential relevance of the difference between using units vs using money:

[i]GOG sold 100M games in 2020.
2M of those games were CP2077.
1M of CP2077 (units) was refunded and no other game was refunded.
50% of revenue was due to those 1M CP2077 sales.
Revenue would have been 150% of what it was if there would have been no refunds.[/i]

Then according to GOGs measurement: ~1% of units was refunded.
But from a monetary perspective ~33% of sales were refunded.

it’s bad at every level.
toxicTom: is not cathegorical? Come on...
Yes, it is. Just as your "it's a great game" statement.

toxicTom: is not cathegorical? Come on...

Speak after me: "I want to hate this game".

There's good things and bad things in this game. I personally don't like driving. It's clumsy. The standard FOV is bad. I already talked about the other things I was disappointed with. But have you actually played it? Have you actually seen how tiny, seemingly unconnected missions interlink with each other? How when you simply walk up some stairs, or go into an alley off the beaten path found a small story that is told by the environment alone? No?

Maybe complaining about things has become your meaning of life? If I duckduckgo site:gog.com:Breja, what will I find? I'm actually afraid to to try..
You're acting in a downright childish manner. It's rather sad to see, really. I'm not arguing about the game's quality at all. Have I even implied any personal opinion on the subject in my post? No. because I don't have one. I don't hate it. I have not played it. I'm not talking about it at all. I'm talking about how silly your demeaning generalisations about people who don't share your opinion are.

And just look at yourself: I don't want to pat myself on the back too much, but my intial post on the subject was I think a pretty well reasoned and civil one. And yet here you are taking some odd personal potshots at me. >shakes head<
Post edited April 30, 2021 by Breja
Fellas, drop the pitchforks, it's just a game.
A game that caused a lot of turbulence apparently.
Games are like politics sometimes.
patrikc: Fellas, drop the pitchforks, it's just a game.
Maybe you haven't noticed that GOG and CD Projekt live on many "just a game"s, or how GOG tried to market themselves by raising their pitchforks at the notion of "it's just a game".

Why do you care? It's just a post with some comments.
Forums are like politics sometimes.
Breja: You're acting in a downright childish manner. It's rather sad to see, really. I'm not arguing about the game's quality at all. Have I even implied any personal opinion on the subject in my post? No. because I don't have one. I don't hate it. I have not played it. I'm not talking about it at all. I'm talking about how silly your demeaning generalisations about people who don't share your opinion are.

And just look at yourself: I don't want to pat myself on the back too much, but my intial post on the subject was I think a pretty well reasoned and civil one. And yet here you are taking some odd personal potshots at me. >shakes head<
Well maybe I am childish. And if I came across demeaning, I'm sorry, that wasn't my intention.

My point is, and I'll stand by that, that a lot of people here seem to have lost the ability to cherish anything good and all they can do is complain and often also nitpick, and it feels "bitter". And that is not aimed at you personally and especially, and it's not meant as an insult - but I do think this is rather sad.

In some ways this is kind of a sign of the times, and seems to be a trend anywhere. But the GOG forums actually nowadays have a reputation of being a place full of negativity and grumpiness and that also is sad. And that is not something that can be blamed on the influx of new people, because it's mostly the old-timers here who spread this negativity and bitterness. And it's actually scaring people away who might otherwise liven up this place a bit.

And to be clear - I don't mean everything should put on rose-tinted glasses and cheer to every shitty decision GOG makes. But right now it seems to me this place has become an echo-chamber of nagging and grumbling. And I can't imagine this is something you (personally, this time) want, but this is how it comes across even from the German subforum, where people don't hesitate to voice their complaints, and even more from the outside (blogs and social media).
patrikc: Fellas, drop the pitchforks, it's just a game.
BitLiz: Maybe you haven't noticed that GOG and CD Projekt live on many "just a game"s, or how GOG tried to market themselves by raising their pitchforks at the notion of "it's just a game".

Oooooh! TOUCHé. Is what he said.

It *is* interesting how many people(?) log onto this forum to argue against such basic things (rights, really) as DRM-free games and very reasonable customer expectations, such as: quality of service, delivering-as-advertised, non-censorship, and working to maintain company longevity so we can expect to continue to appreciate what we bought and supported for many generations-to-come. You know? What we all paid for? The very things that will ensure the longevity of these Good Old Games, and our investments in them, assuming we all care about gaming and computers, writers and artists? It is almost impossible to believe honest people are behind some of these posts.

I have never before heard a rational argument against DRM, much less against wanting a reasonably more reliable service, so I have decided anyone who actually talks like this is just a 'bot paid or designed to shut customers up. I think someone in marketing invented this method of "adding value" by making it impossible to communicate criticisms effectively on their fora. It is utterly incomprehensible to me that anyone who is a serious gaming or computer fan would ever question what should have long ago been a UNIVERSAL anti-DRM stance. I actually cannot imagine a non-fan arguing like this either. Impossible to believe. Yep, 'bots. Or lizard people. Same thing with the people who say whatever you are doing does not work so you should not do anything, EVEN THOUGH you are expressing yourself through such tried and true methods as talking online at official websites about your concerns, considering reducing your support of a company, and even boycotting. Pretty weird to tell people those things are inconsequential and ineffective, huh? Almost, and I am going to say it again: unbelievable.

Aside from all this noise, my main worry is that the end-game is to shutter the store and leave us all without our money or the ability to continue to access our online copies. Watching employees run this(/their?/our?) company off the rails of its core values seems more and more deliberate. Almost like a new business plan. Whatever, it does not look sustainable to me, which might be the point. Any venture capitalists out there who would like to chime in?

And the official responses and non-responses are increasingly disturbing. You cannot all be powerless worker-drones. Even the fakest marketing, HR, C-suite dummy is making a choice every day on how to deal with these complaints. The issues we are reporting are not necessarily easy but neither are they too difficult to fix. There are many ways to make long-term service for online, DRM-free games even more profitable but, also, more sustainable over time. Somehow I do not think the present course of action is veering in that direction. When was the last time you saw an anti-DRM marketing campaign? Or an advertisement for best online customer service? The degradation of quality, service, value, and focus-on-longevity looks purposeful and it irritates me. I share every criticism of GOG/CDPR in the OP's initial entry, especially I lay blame on those who manage and work for GOG/CDPR who contribute to these problems and allow them to persist.

Add me to the list. I am sick of this.

"Big Daddy Toxic Tom", ladies and gentlemen. The jokes write themselves.
Post edited April 30, 2021 by Witch2Gog6
toxicTom: My point is, and I'll stand by that, that a lot of people here seem to have lost the ability to cherish anything good and all they can do is complain and often also nitpick, and it feels "bitter". And that is not aimed at you personally and especially, and it's not meant as an insult - but I do think this is rather sad.

In some ways this is kind of a sign of the times, and seems to be a trend anywhere. But the GOG forums actually nowadays have a reputation of being a place full of negativity and grumpiness and that also is sad. And that is not something that can be blamed on the influx of new people, because it's mostly the old-timers here who spread this negativity and bitterness. And it's actually scaring people away who might otherwise liven up this place a bit.

And to be clear - I don't mean everything should put on rose-tinted glasses and cheer to every shitty decision GOG makes. But right now it seems to me this place has become an echo-chamber of nagging and grumbling. And I can't imagine this is something you (personally, this time) want, but this is how it comes across even from the German subforum, where people don't hesitate to voice their complaints, and even more from the outside (blogs and social media).
If you dont like nagging and bitterness - maybe you are in the wrong thread. I would argue the thread title kind of gives this away too? For example you may want to look here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/check_these_facts_and_numbers_about_gog_fc178/page1
Bunch of very positive friendly posts right in the beginning - short, pro-GOG and ****** just like GOG wants their community. Although some "nasty bitter" people have been posting there too but over there its not "full of negativity and grumpiness".
Also: If you want the GOG forums to be nice and friendly - do you contribute to that yourself? Maybe add some links to your own positive not-grumpy posts to help people understand and lead by example?
Post edited April 30, 2021 by Zrevnur
BitLiz: Maybe you haven't noticed that GOG and CD Projekt live on many "just a game"s, or how GOG tried to market themselves by raising their pitchforks at the notion of "it's just a game".

Can you please be more specific? I'm not quite sure I'm following you. Are you angry at GOG?
Why do I care? In general, I like reading these people's posts, oftentimes I sympathise with them, so seeing them at each other because of a game is a bit silly, or so I think. Then again I might be wrong, perhaps I'm looking too much into it.
Let's put it this way: a game does not represent a threat to our existence and way of life as we know it, as opposed to some of the other issues we have to deal with nowadays. Now that is serious.
I've been around long enough to gain plenty of knowledge about GOG and the industry to an extent, long enough to see some core values being eroded and changes (not always for the good) occur.
With that mind, do know I do not condone certain practices, I do not like where this train is heading to. Others might see it in a different light.
low rated

patrikc: Can you please be more specific? I'm not quite sure I'm following you. Are you angry at GOG?
Why do I care? In general, I like reading these people's posts, oftentimes I sympathise with them, so seeing them at each other because of a game is a bit silly, or so I think. Then again I might be wrong, perhaps I'm looking too much into it.
Let's put it this way: a game does not represent a threat to our existence and way of life as we know it, as opposed to some of the other issues we have to deal with nowadays. Now that is serious.
I've been around long enough to gain plenty of knowledge about GOG and the industry to an extent, long enough to see some core values being eroded and changes (not always for the good) occur.
With that mind, do know I do not condone certain practices, I do not like where this train is heading to. Others might see it in a different light.
You are so clearly not a serious poster.

You are not arguing anything from an intellectually honest position.

Is this your job or something? You sound exactly like a marketer 'bot with your psychotic word salad. Even teenagers don't talk this way. No one has. Ever. It is entirely artificial.
Post edited April 30, 2021 by Witch2Gog6
low rated
Witch2Gog6: "Big Daddy Toxic Tom", ladies and gentlemen. The jokes write themselves.
Well, now I'd like to hear it.