It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EnforcerSunWoo: How "many gamers" does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Lifthrasil: It always takes at least two to screw. But why would they want to do it in a lightbulb?
Now that just brings up more questions, but this is a safe space family friendly board and I don't think our resident junkyard dogs would very much like that conversation to take place.

Anyway, you're still looking at it all wrong, you are taking into account that "many gamers" exist to begin with and aren't a figment of somebody's imagination.
low rated
EnforcerSunWoo: Anyway, you're still looking at it all wrong, you are taking into account that "many gamers" exist to begin with and aren't a figment of somebody's imagination.
Oh, we know "many gamers" exist. Here's the proof ;-)
Haven't declared a boycott, but I can say I haven't bought a game here since Nov 17, 2019. I daresay that's quite the time. On one hand I haven't been into gaming that much this past year, on the other I've lost interest in the few titles I was following a while back. And then there's something else, the company's approach when it comes to certain things. Will see what the future holds. Suffice to say at this point in time I'm not looking at anything here. Perhaps The Outer Worlds, but after the whole debacle, meh. Not something jawdropping either.
EnforcerSunWoo: Anyway, you're still looking at it all wrong, you are taking into account that "many gamers" exist to begin with and aren't a figment of somebody's imagination.
I am reasonably sure that those specific 'many messages' and 'gamers' are equally figments of someone's imagination. Someone in the GOG PR department, probably, who mistook a message from the CCP for many messages and (social credits motivated) agents of the CCP for gamers.
Time4Tea: Oh, we know "many gamers" exist. Here's the proof ;-)
I'm not sure GOG could actually counts that "many gamers" to be honest. I would be surprised if they could count to 21 with their shoes off. You know, 10 fingers, 11 toes... perhaps 12 for the truly enlightened counters.
Lifthrasil: I am reasonably sure that those specific 'many messages' and 'gamers' are equally figments of someone's imagination. Someone in the GOG PR department, probably, who mistook a message from the CCP for many messages and (social credits motivated) agents of the CCP for gamers.
Sounds unreasonable enough to be factual. I could see that being the case.
Post edited March 04, 2021 by EnforcerSunWoo
joppo: So while both interpretations insult our intelligence with the use of "gamers" as the source of the request, the latter is even worse because it means that Gog is perfectly okay with giving that small group of individuals more power to decide what should be here than the collective of customers and that they should bend as fast as they can. The smaller that group is, the more appalling it is that they have the power to veto releases and elicit such a fast response.
These are inferences that people should be considering, IMO. Not because it's necessarily true, but because it can provide more context. For example it illuminates better just how far removed GOG's PR team seems to be from the customer base they are meant to entice.

EnforcerSunWoo: How sad that people are actually arguing over this.
It's not really that big a deal to me. But with all the resistance it seems to be garnering I feel I have to at least explain where I'm coming from.
Lifthrasil: I am reasonably sure that those specific 'many messages' and 'gamers' are equally figments of someone's imagination. Someone in the GOG PR department, probably, who mistook a message from the CCP for many messages and (social credits motivated) agents of the CCP for gamers.
I believe someone has already made a skit about analysing GOG's statements:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvnnY0hezk4
low rated
StrongSoldier: Some time ago when gog added gog galaxy 2.0 a small group of users started complaining that they did not want gog galaxy 2.0 even though it was optional.

These users took over the gog forums so most of the gog users moved to other social networks.

I remember that gog was warned that this small group of users would destroy their store.

Well, in a short time gog will not exist, no drm will not exist and thousands of users have warned cd project.

These people talk about boycotting gog and that means making the regrettable policies of valve or epic strong.

That is the only reality. What's more, here there are steam users who talk about boycotting and some happily write it in another forum.
Breja: It's quite remarkable what nonsense you continue to post here. One would think that by accident at least one sentence of what you write would be true, but nope. Not a single one.

I'm so tired of the blatant lies and utter nonsense people defending GOG keep spouting.
I do not defend gog. They should listen to what users are saying.
But to defend that valve is a transparent company is to have no idea.

They are the nonsense that we non-fans have to put up with.

Still, gog without its user base will disappear. And that user base is losing it. For example, I don't buy thq nordic games because they don't update them in gog. And gog, despite numerous user complaints, does nothing to force thq nordic to fix the problem.
low rated
StrongSoldier: Incredible that you defend valve transparency over a dc project. You have no idea.
Indeed I have no idea what is a "dc project".

StrongSoldier: we non-fans
I don't know how many of "you" is out there resulting in "you" (the one I'm quoting) but you should really speak only for yourself.

StrongSoldier: They are the nonsense that we non-fans have to put up with.
Oh, so you ARE putting up with that?
It really makes you sound like a hypocrite.
Also, is somebody forcing you to put up with something?

StrongSoldier: Incredible that you defend valve transparency over a dc project. You have no idea.
StrongSoldier: But to defend that valve is a transparent company is to have no idea.
In no way I'm defending what Valve does wrong.
What I said is, (unlike GOG) Valve has not lied to me (as their customer) ABOUT THEIR CORE PRINCIPLES.
Unlike GOG, Valve never pretended to be DRM-free store only to later shatter the illusion.
They are upfront about games requiring Steam client. And that was entirely my point.
To some irony majority of Valve's own games can be easily made DRM-free with a simple command line switch.
Meanwhile CDPR used to gloat how they own "fully 100% DRM-free store", how they "sell their games 100% DRM-free" here, and now they silently put DRM in their own games in their own ADVERTISED "100%" DRM-free store.
How ironic.

You can say whatever you want, but "CP2077 my rewards" is DRM-ed content.
It doesn't matter how much "you don't care about cosmetics" *, how worthless do you perceive ithem as.
It is a matter of a fact that "CP2077 my rewards" is content 100% gated behind online connection (in order to activate it, and so far it seems like you have to go online ON EVERY PLAYTHROUGH to get it) that is actually used EXCLUSIVELY in SINGLEPLAYER game.
It is by all means a part of the singeplayer game, thus singleplayer game content, in SOME ways affecting your singleplayer experience.
By all means it's a singeplayer game DRM-ed content.
The fact that a lot of people don't understand that, choose to ignore it, or live in denial doesn't change the fact that that's the reality.

* btw term "cosmetics" is only really applicable to multiplayer games, as it was originally supposed to mean DLC content that doesn't affect gameplay too much (as opposed to for example additional guns in an online FPS game) - ergo only visual changes - tho it is still arguable that it DOES affect gameplay, pretty majorly often, as for example PINK SKIN makes you for example more visible than the default. It's not really an appropriate term for a piece of personalisation equipment in a SINGLEPLAYER GAME. That is simply just an add-on content, that in fact affects gameplay far more, as singleplayer games are oriented towards interaction of player with the game (as opposed to player with other players in multplayer) and thus much more focus is geared in singleplayer on what you "see" (ergo visual customisations in singleplayer games DO affect the user experience much more).
low rated
mrkgnao: I believe someone has already made a skit about analysing GOG's statements:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvnnY0hezk4
Yep. Very fitting. :-)
low rated
B1tF1ghter: Indeed I have no idea what is a "dc project".

StrongSoldier: we non-fans
B1tF1ghter: I don't know how many of "you" is out there resulting in "you" (the one I'm quoting) but you should really speak only for yourself.

StrongSoldier: They are the nonsense that we non-fans have to put up with.
B1tF1ghter: Oh, so you ARE putting up with that?
It really makes you sound like a hypocrite.
Also, is somebody forcing you to put up with something?

StrongSoldier: But to defend that valve is a transparent company is to have no idea.
B1tF1ghter: In no way I'm defending what Valve does wrong.
What I said is, (unlike GOG) Valve has not lied to me (as their customer) ABOUT THEIR CORE PRINCIPLES.
Unlike GOG, Valve never pretended to be DRM-free store only to later shatter the illusion.
They are upfront about games requiring Steam client. And that was entirely my point.
To some irony majority of Valve's own games can be easily made DRM-free with a simple command line switch.
Meanwhile CDPR used to gloat how they own "fully 100% DRM-free store", how they "sell their games 100% DRM-free" here, and now they silently put DRM in their own games in their own ADVERTISED "100%" DRM-free store.
How ironic.

You can say whatever you want, but "CP2077 my rewards" is DRM-ed content.
It doesn't matter how much "you don't care about cosmetics" *, how worthless do you perceive ithem as.
It is a matter of a fact that "CP2077 my rewards" is content 100% gated behind online connection (in order to activate it, and so far it seems like you have to go online ON EVERY PLAYTHROUGH to get it) that is actually used EXCLUSIVELY in SINGLEPLAYER game.
It is by all means a part of the singeplayer game, thus singleplayer game content, in SOME ways affecting your singleplayer experience.
By all means it's a singeplayer game DRM-ed content.
The fact that a lot of people don't understand that, choose to ignore it, or live in denial doesn't change the fact that that's the reality.

* btw term "cosmetics" is only really applicable to multiplayer games, as it was originally supposed to mean DLC content that doesn't affect gameplay too much (as opposed to for example additional guns in an online FPS game) - ergo only visual changes - tho it is still arguable that it DOES affect gameplay, pretty majorly often, as for example PINK SKIN makes you for example more visible than the default. It's not really an appropriate term for a piece of personalisation equipment in a SINGLEPLAYER GAME. That is simply just an add-on content, that in fact affects gameplay far more, as singleplayer games are oriented towards interaction of player with the game (as opposed to player with other players in multplayer) and thus much more focus is geared in singleplayer on what you "see" (ergo visual customisations in singleplayer games DO affect the user experience much more).
The only gogo game that requires gog galaxy 2.0 client to play is gwent. Everything else can be played online except for multiplayer modes.

Cp 2077 you launch it without gog galaxy 2.0 and it works perfectly and it's not like in steam that you previously have to go to offline mode.

In the end, because of you we will run out of a store not drm like gog.
StrongSoldier: In the end, because of you we will run out of a store not drm like gog.
If they actually end up shutting down because of this boycott (and I highly doubt that will happen) then it's because of GOG, since they made promises they couldn't keep.
low rated
StrongSoldier: In the end, because of you we will run out of a store not drm like gog.
Hexchild: If they actually end up shutting down because of this boycott (and I highly doubt that will happen) then it's because of GOG, since they made promises they couldn't keep.
No, those who have participated in this will be responsible for the fact that the only store no drm has not disappeared drm. Luckily, as we can read on social networks, they are the small group of users that always cause problems.

Gog ignores them, and gog users ignore them. Hopefully they keep their word and don't buy from gog again, it's the best thing that can happen to all of us.
Post edited March 06, 2021 by StrongSoldier
Hexchild: If they actually end up shutting down because of this boycott (and I highly doubt that will happen) then it's because of GOG, since they made promises they couldn't keep.
StrongSoldier: No, those who have participated in this will be responsible for the fact that the only store no drm has not disappeared drm. Luckily, as we can read on social networks, they are the small group of users that always cause problems.

Gog ignores them, and gog users ignore them. Hopefully they keep their word and don't buy from gog again, it's the best thing that can happen to all of us.
Yes. I agree. That would be the best thing that could happen to all of us. The more of those troublemakers we can convince not to buy from GOG again, the better.
Post edited March 06, 2021 by mrkgnao
low rated
B1tF1ghter: [...]
[...]
That;s becuase they never had any.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx