It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EnforcerSunWoo: I can see it, I have been purchasing a hell of a lot more physical media in the last few months. I also know quite a few people that have been doing the same instead of making purchases here. Really is a headscratcher to think that GOG will not come out of this unscathed one way or another.
Leevi: Heh, funnily I went and bought physical games few days ago too. Proper good old games even, well, some of them should be pretty good. Supported the local game shop that sells retro games and gear. Even got some stickers and magnets as freebies (GOG has been lately very skimpy with extras games come with), so felt like actually like valued customer even though the freebies were just silly stickers and magnets.
Never played the WII games, but the two Castlevanias are awesome!
GOG isnt doing too well right now, so OP got his wish one way or another.
EnforcerSunWoo: I can see it, I have been purchasing a hell of a lot more physical media in the last few months. I also know quite a few people that have been doing the same instead of making purchases here. Really is a headscratcher to think that GOG will not come out of this unscathed one way or another.
Leevi: Heh, funnily I went and bought physical games few days ago too. Proper good old games even, well, some of them should be pretty good. Supported the local game shop that sells retro games and gear. Even got some stickers and magnets as freebies (GOG has been lately very skimpy with extras games come with), so felt like actually like valued customer even though the freebies were just silly stickers and magnets.
1.You should probably blur the bill next time so that nobody tries to pinpoint your IRL location
2.That Castlevania cover gives me a whole lot of Claymore (anime / manga) vibes :P :D
low rated
Slick_JMista: GOG isnt doing too well right now, so OP got his wish one way or another.
it's totally their fault. banning everyone isn't conducive to excitement.
Breja: I just found a steelbox of The Dwarves in bargain bin a couple weeks back. With a separate soundtrack disk. In a freakin bargain bin. For something like 3$. No Steam account required either. Crazy.
Looks like a great find, steelbox for just $3 when digital copy on GOG costs 39.99 for the game + 9.99 for the soundtrack. Congratulations.

B1tF1ghter: 1.You should probably blur the bill next time so that nobody tries to pinpoint your IRL location
Nah, thanks but it is fine, the forums here say my country already, that bill just narrows the location to northern part of the country, since it is administrative capital and commercial centre of Finland's northernmost province.
low rated
LtOin: Games I would've bought in this sale if Devotion was on GoG:

The Outer Worlds
Divinity: OS 2
Commander Keen Complete Pack

Devotion
Time4Tea: I take it that means you are boycotting? (in which case, I will add you to the list)
Havent bought anything since 'Devotion' reversal either - and would have bought lots probably otherwise. I am not formally boycotting though - thats just how it turned out. I now associate "buying at GOG" with "supporting (self) censorship" and other wrongs and thats a major obstacle to buying stuff here...

Slick_JMista: GOG isnt doing too well right now, so OP got his wish one way or another.
Crevurre: it's totally their fault. banning everyone isn't conducive to excitement.
GOG is doing bad - what does that refer to? The hack?
GOG is banning "everyone" now?
Fender_178: I give up. I am done.
Done with GOG? Shall I add you the list then? (I mean, leaving is pretty similar to boycotting, especially if it's for the same underlying reasons)

What gives you that impression? Not that I mean GOG any long-term harm, but if they are feeling some level of pain as a result of their recent actions, imo that's a good thing. It's fairly clear at this point that the only thing that might possibly make them 'wake up and smell the coffee' is a clear, sharp kick to the wallet.
low rated
Fender_178: I give up. I am done.
Time4Tea: Done with GOG? Shall I add you the list then? (I mean, leaving is pretty similar to boycotting, especially if it's for the same underlying reasons)

Time4Tea: What gives you that impression? Not that I mean GOG any long-term harm, but if they are feeling some level of pain as a result of their recent actions, imo that's a good thing. It's fairly clear at this point that the only thing that might possibly make them 'wake up and smell the coffee' is a clear, sharp kick to the wallet.
A good sharp kick in the wallet is the only thing a corpo understands.
granny: Now, I'm not one to tell people what they should or should not do with either their time or their money, but what I will say is this: all the people, in this thread and others, who are planning to carry on shopping here do not get to bitch, whine, or complain that things aren't getting any better. You are the reasons why things aren't getting any better.

The next time GOG mess up? Just smile and spend, peeps. When GOG becomes 100% DRM'd? Just smile and spend peeps. When Xinnie the Pooh decides a game you actually care about shouldn't get a release? Just smile and spend, peeps.

But hey, whatever makes you happy, I guess.

Peace out.
I still prefer GOG to Steam and I basically just buy older games that are very unlikely to have DRM'd content added. I understand boycotting for many reasons (especially if said boycotter used to buy LOTS of games here or really thought GOG was going to change the industry like a digital crusader) and action > just talk, but this isn't a black and white matter for some of us. (Not like I spend much here anyway tbh)

Slick_JMista: GOG isnt doing too well right now
How do you know GOG isn't doing too well (relative to their entire existence; I don't think they've ever done "great" financially), other than Support being super-busy?

The general forum has a fair amount of doom and gloom, but if the forum is usually only used by a small percentage of the customer base, we can't get an accurate read on things like how effective the boycott is. Perspective or whatever.
Post edited February 15, 2021 by tfishell
low rated
I have been boycotting GOG since the Devotion incident so you can add me to the list if you like!
low rated
I boycott GOG since Cyberflop fiasco release and Demotion many gamers' incident. I threw at them only few bucks, the kind of which is irrelevant, since the coins i throw at streetside homeless persons are at least triple the sum (had to buy hexen collection and dead cells new dlc). During the first quarantine i made big purchases and went for big wishlist relief of mine, but now i won't buy anything ever again, unless they improvise their newfound disgusting tactics and godawful performance. GOG is constantly setting new lows, ever since the entire stock-market and going public deal!
Time4Tea: I would like to announce that I have decided to boycott GOG for 2021. This is in response to several decisions the site has made over the past year that I believe have been deeply misguided:

Firstly, the continued slippage of GOG's DRM-free values. [...]

Next, the continued heavy pushing of Galaxy and the lack of maintenance of the offline installers. [...]

Is anyone else intending to boycott GOG? Who is with me?
Initially I was about to ask you to list me as one of the "sympathetic" people. You know - a full boycott is a strong move, and I still somehow believed that there are still good people in GOG, and that they will make things right.

But in the meantime I've read more and more posts. I've noticed the taking down of fckdrm.com (I haven't been actively browsing the forums for the last few months), then - kind of humorously - I saw also what had happened to The Gamer's Bill of Rights.

(See the Post 51 in a thread about Epic store integration, and then go to the topic with the Bill (screenshot attached). If that was just a software bug, then I'm pretty sure that the spirits are trying to tell us something.)

I think that even that it's still less than 100 people, and in the corporate scale it does not matter much (if anything), then it may actually be the time to stop being nice and gentle.

I came to GOG because I saw them as the fighters for The Right Thing. In the deteriorating world, where all the higher ideals and freedoms are being ignored, forgotten, or abused by unscrupulous organisations to boost their sales, it was looking like light in the tunnel. I shall have remembered that usually the light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of the oncoming train. Stupid me. :(

So, please add me to the boycotters' section! I still have some money on my GOG wallet, and I will probably spend them, but I won't be making any recharging nor any real money purchases. Not for the year. Until GOG convinces me that they still care for the values that brought me here. Howgh! You have my word.

-------------

Dalswyn: [...]
3/ Between my previous post and this one, I lost 5 reputation points.
With this one, I lost [placeholder pending an edit :) ]
Ah, now I understand why I was seeing very reasonable posts made by people with negative reputation!

After the fall of the communism in Poland, being imprisoned by the previous regime was a mark of honour. So, wear your low score with pride! ;)
Attachments:
Dalswyn: [...]
3/ Between my previous post and this one, I lost 5 reputation points.
With this one, I lost [placeholder pending an edit :) ]
Arsen7: Ah, now I understand why I was seeing very reasonable posts made by people with negative reputation!

After the fall of the communism in Poland, being imprisoned by the previous regime was a mark of honour. So, wear your low score with pride! ;)
Honestly, I can see these downvotes being the handiwork of a certain group...
mrkgnao: I thought I'd keep a record of games I would definitely have bought, were it not for the boycott.
Purchases I have not made so far:

18/01/21 :
- Dark Quest 1 and 2 : $0.76
- Regalia: Royal Edition : $2.66

08/02/21:
- Pilot Brothers 1, 2 and 3; The Dream Machine: $4.20

15/02/2021:
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition : $6,74
- Myst Masterpiece Edition : $0.96
- Din's Curse : $0.96
- Din's Curse: Demon War : $0.50
- Evil Islands : $0.69
- Commander Keen Complete Pack : $0.51

Current total = $17.98

Looking forward to the next sale :-)
Post edited February 15, 2021 by joppo
low rated
joppo: Purchases I have not made so far:
Damn, Huehueland gets *really* good prices! It would be about double or thrice as much if I bought the same stuff.

I admire your fortitude!

And on that note, if I see a bro getting low rated by butthurt gog cultists/apologists/fanbois, I hit the little green + button. It's just common courtesy! :)