It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Herzlich Willkommen!

GOG.com goes German. Not completely, mind you, but starting today we'll be spreading our DRM-free love in one more language. Whether you're here because of the news, or you've been with us for a while, here is what we're doing to make our German speaking friends feel a little more welcome on GOG.com:

-A German version of our website. You can change your language using the drop-down menu towards the bottom of every page.
-A German corner of our forums. Your home away from home.
-German customer support. If you're more comfortable talking to us in your native language.
-More games in German. We're rolling out 25+ German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+.

No big announcement would be complete without a huge sale! This weekend we're holding the German-riffic <span class="bold">Herzlich Willkommen!</span> promo. The highlight is a ridiculous 97% off Deponia, but there are over 25 other German gaming hits available as well. There is adventuring with the remaining Deponia games, the cult strategy of The Settlers, the tough and turn-based tactics in Blackguards 1 and 2, and many, many more feats of German game design.

Check out <span class="bold">the weekend promo page</span> to see the full lineup. The promo will last until Tuesday, March 3, at 4:59 AM GMT.

Update:
Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees. Rest assured that if you've already bought a game - nothing will retroactively disappear from your shelves.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Chamb
While the German I remember from school is almost nonexistent it is nice to see more options for people whose English (or French) is not so great.

Hopefully it will also allow GOG to get more German speaking customers, thus increasing its sales and give it more clout to get more games here (and thus benefiting me indirectly).
high rated
The next Good News™:

GOG is now available in Russian! Also, we had to lock gifting, so that games bought in Russia can't be gifted to folks in other countries. As a side effect, all region locked games are no longer giftable to their locked regions either. Oh, and regionally priced games can only be gifted to cheaper regions.

Enjoy!
high rated
I'd like to find it funny that GOG didn't bother to inform of the region lock until GOGlodytes themselves noticed and rised a fuss about it. Because, you know, GOG has tried to sweep under the carpet things like this before, got caught, called out on, kind of apologized for making the same mistake several times... and now they just went and did it again. Because hell yeah.

It's funny, when I think about it, the same way as one of those videos of people falling where you know they'll fall but want to know how. It should be funny, and I want to laugh at it very, very much. So why am I so sad?
Garret02: I like how you tried to sneak pass bad news under good news, without creating proper news for it... AGAIN. Is this going to be annual thing with you Manny... sorry, GoG?
Twice-yearly, don't forget the August 27 moment, new currencies = 23 games that were flat-priced become regionally priced and 35 are removed, 2 of them re-added later, also regionally-priced.
eiii: Indeed! I'm a bit more than a year on GOG now and it's "interesting" how much a company can change within one year only.
No kidding. I've heard of GOG pretty much the moment it appeared, happened upon a news piece, remember sending some excited messages to someone, then moved to the back of my mind till mid 2010 or so when I started actually wanting to buy stuff from here, said I won't "pirate" any game available here even if it means I won't play it at all because they were really worth supporting, and got to pestering them to offer more payment methods so I could do it without having a card (and PayPal only accepting cards from here, so no alternative there). Eventually made an account in 2011 for a free game, also went off the "high seas" for games for good (2012 was mostly freeware year, otherwise stuff I already had and a few bought retail...) and kept pestering every so often till finally at the end of 2013 PSC was introduced and I had something to buy games with. And then between Dec 2013 and Feb 2014 I bought more games on here than the total I had bought till then. And then the excreta impacted the proverbial rotary cooling device, more and more as time goes on. Just made 2 more purchases since, feel sorry I did.
Garret02: I like how you tried to sneak pass bad news under good news, without creating proper news for it...
I have developed a strong hunch that whatever exactly the Good News that will accompany the release of Galaxy will be, I'm going to bail soon after.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Rixasha
high rated
P1na: I'd like to find it funny that GOG didn't bother to inform of the region lock until GOGlodytes themselves noticed and rised a fuss about it. Because, you know, GOG has tried to sweep under the carpet things like this before, got caught, called out on, kind of apologized for making the same mistake several times... and now they just went and did it again. Because hell yeah.
Apologized? Really? How, when and where?

srilumpa: Hopefully it will also allow GOG to get more German speaking customers, thus increasing its sales and give it more clout to get more games here (and thus benefiting me indirectly).
I really think, that the amount of Germans here is heavily due to the fact, that it formerly was the only legal way to get the games without regional pricing and without censoring. Those reasons are partially gone and will most likely dwindle completely away very fast now. The retail market is actually cheaper too in some cases.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Cavalary: DotEMU is DRM-free (at least for PC titles) but applies standard regional pricing, ShinyLoot is to the best of my knowledge the only remaining store with flat pricing but also allows DRM for some titles so careful with the stickers, and then there's little FireFlower Games, also DRM free but adds VAT to price for EU customers. Afaik none support PSC or anything else of the sort unfortunately :/
FireFlower Games unfortunately has bad payment options, they require 3D Secure.
Klumpen0815: Apologized? Really? How, when and where?
Judas' "all I can say is we're only human" after the formerly-flat-priced-games-becoming-regionally-priced along with introducing multiple currencies?
IAmSinistar: The next Good News™:

GOG is now available in Russian! Also, we had to lock gifting, so that games bought in Russia can't be gifted to folks in other countries. As a side effect, all region locked games are no longer giftable to their locked regions either. Oh, and regionally priced games can only be gifted to cheaper regions.

Enjoy!
Very likely, yeah. And then what more and more are starting to get a whiff of related to the Galaxy launch.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Cavalary
jtsn:
Oh Mann, Alter...glaubst du die Scheiße, die du ständig postest eigentlich selbst?

Upps, sorry - jetzt hab ich Sie Blödmann doch tatsächlich geduzt - das tut mir aber leid.

Wo wir uns gerade so schön unterhalten: Ich meine ja mich an drei bis fünf Kommentare deinerseits erinnern zu können (just in diesem Thread), in denen du deinen endgültigen Ausstieg aus der PC-Gamerei und von GOG ankündigst.
Frage: dürfen wir damit heut noch rechnen, oder wird der Ausstieg eine länger andauernde Sache?
Upps, schon wieder geduzt - ich hoffe Sie verklagen mich jetzt nicht, Sie Arschloch.
Cavalary: Judas' "all I can say is we're only human" after the formerly-flat-priced-games-becoming-regionally-priced along with introducing multiple currencies?
Yes, that. It did come pretty close to an apology.
IAmSinistar: The next Good News™:

You're awesome :-)
Cavalary: Very likely, yeah. And then what more and more are starting to get a whiff of related to the Galaxy launch.
Yes, I'm beginning to share the feeling of others here that the debut of Galaxy will also be an exit sign for many of us.

A shame, as I was looking forward to it before. But now I just don't get good feelings from major changes here.
P1na: I'd like to find it funny that GOG didn't bother to inform of the region lock until GOGlodytes themselves noticed and rised a fuss about it. Because, you know, GOG has tried to sweep under the carpet things like this before, got caught, called out on, kind of apologized for making the same mistake several times... and now they just went and did it again. Because hell yeah.
Your story would even make sense, except they informed about HM2 lock yesterday the moment the game was released. Doesn't strike me as sweeping regional lock topic under the carpet. As for today, keep in mind they were changing list / number of games banned before posting about it. But I guess you know better.

Also, speaking of funny things, I actually find it funny that you're still on this site considering your knowledge on their purposeful evil approach. Tell me - did you buy any games in the recent months here considering how unhappy you are with their past actions? Or are you happy about them and supporting them, but complaining for the sports?
P1na: It should be funny, and I want to laugh at it very, very much. So why am I so sad?
You could laugh and be sad at the same time. Reading this topic, I am amused, irritated and sad at the same time.
So overall I'm confused which is my default state. All is well. Or not. I can't tell because I'm confused.
Cavalary: Very likely, yeah. And then what more and more are starting to get a whiff of related to the Galaxy launch.
IAmSinistar: Yes, I'm beginning to share the feeling of others here that the debut of Galaxy will also be an exit sign for many of us.

A shame, as I was looking forward to it before. But now I just don't get good feelings from major changes here.
GOG will not fare well as a Steam clone. Every other store on the net provides actual Steam keys, including Humble Store, GOG doesn't.