It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There are two things that matter to all of us gamers: the games we play and the friends we play them with. But as more titles come with dedicated launchers and clients, our games and gaming buddies become scattered in between them. With GOG GALAXY 2.0, you’ll be able to combine multiple libraries into one and connect with your friends across all gaming platforms!

As gamers, we need to juggle between multiple clients to access our games and see what our friends are playing,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “We believe gamers deserve a better experience, and this became the driving force to redefine GOG GALAXY client,” Karwowski adds. “GOG GALAXY 2.0 is designed for all gamers and extends well beyond existing GOG.COM users, into both PC and console platforms.

Once you connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with other platforms, it will import all your games into one library. You will see your friends activities and online status across connected platforms. All new library and friends features apply to your GOG.COM games and enhance your experience. And it’s designed to protect your privacy – your data belongs to you and will never be shared with third parties. We see it as an all-in-one solution for the present-day gamer.

Experience GOG GALAXY 2.0 yourself — sign up for the closed beta at www.gogalaxy.com and be among the first to get access to it!

Learn more about our vision.
Main features and what to expect once GOG GALAXY 2.0 officially launches.

Your Games.
Import all your games from PC and consoles, build and organize them into one master collection. Install and launch any PC game you own, no matter the platform.

Keep track of all your achievements, hours played and games owned.

Customize your library by filtering, sorting, tagging, and adding your own visuals like game backgrounds or covers.

Follow upcoming releases and discover games popular among your friends and the gaming community.

Your Friends.
Bring together your friends from all platforms and see their online status.

No matter on which platform your friends are, you can chat with them.

See your friends’ cross-platform achievements, game time milestones and recently played games.

See who’s the master collector, completionist or spends the most time playing.

Your Privacy.
Your personal data will never be shared with third parties.

We’re not spying on data from your computer.

With a single click, you can remove imported games and friends data from our servers.

Your GOG Client.
All new library management and friends features take your experience to the next level.

The best way to run and update your GOG games.

Use features like cloud saving, in-game overlay, multiplayer & matchmaking, rollbacks and more.

The client is not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.

More
Connect more platforms and add new features with open-source integrations.

All customizations and changes to your library are saved in the cloud and synced between all your devices.

Save any view like a customized library or favorite games and friends to access them instantly.

GOG GALAXY 2.0 will be available for Windows and Mac for free.
Post edited May 24, 2019 by elcook
high rated
First thing I did was see "gog galaxy 2.0" and thought "hell yeah, 2.0 sounds like a good number\moment to launch the Linux client". Second thing I did was a 'CTRL+F' Typed in "Linux" and got a "Phrase not found". Third thing I did was get sad. Man what a buzz kill ride that was. haha

Forth thing I did was read the post and 2.0 seems decent enough.

Would love to see some better cross platform multiplayer support . For example I want to buy a game like dying light on gog but all the people I know own it on steam. Since I tend to only buy games on steam when no other option is available I just didn't buy the game at all. gog does not get my money, the devs don't get my money, steam does not get my money. No one's a winner with games like that.

To add to cross platform multiplayer Id love for something like to have a build in service like Hamachi built into the client to allow you to easily play older LAN only games with people on your friends list. with the option to open it up to see other users games. I get this one is a bit more tricky since there are major security concerns about setting up vpn connections between your PC and some stranger's PC to play some old game where security is not even a thought in the devs mind at the time(or probably even now most of the time).

Id even like gog to run their own gamespy server to bring the games that supported GS back to life.

That said the no Linux client thing still stings. I was not planning on using windows at all on the next PC I build (I'm still on a PC from 2012 so I'm long over due *fingers crossed Ryzen 3000 has good Linux support*.) I'm just kind of over all BS does as a platform now and want to completely dump it.
Post edited May 23, 2019 by Death_Masta187
high rated
Win and Mac only? Again? Show some love for the Penguin, gogdammit!
high rated
But as more titles come with dedicated launchers and clients, our games and gaming buddies become scattered in between them.
So we decided to release new version of our own launcher.
https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/standards.png
In order to ensure the security and continuing stability, the Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire! For a safe and secure society.
How is our launcher better than others? So that he solves the main problem of all other launchers: Not Invented Here.

I have practical questions:
How about a portable version?
How about a built-in distributed (P2P) LAN-like network virtualization layer?
How about a lightweight version without an unnecessary built-in browser to anyone for those who need gaming capabilities from the Game Store, and not another social network?
Post edited May 22, 2019 by Loger13
high rated
Could we at least get some kind of statement on what GOG's plans for further Linux support currently are?

9. Will you release a Linux version of GOG Galaxy?
A Linux version of our client is planned eventually, but we don't have an expected release date right now. Stay tuned for future announcements!
https://www.gog.com/galaxy
We have been waiting for almost 5 years now!
Post edited May 22, 2019 by ShadowOwl
Ancient-Red-Dragon: 1) Universal Crossplay between all multiplayer GOG games and the versions of those same games which are on any other platform. Without this feature, the new stuff listed for Galaxy 2.0 is just insignificant window dressing.
This would be all on the developers, which is why it will never be centralized or mandated like you're asking.
> GOG Galaxy

> go galaxy dot com

I think one of your internes screwed up the domain name registration.
high rated
chandra: GOG GALAXY 2.0 aims to connect all clients and launchers, among with all of your friends scattered in between them :)
If you used it in the past, it's still the best way to run and update your GOG games ;)
Does is happens automatically or you can prevent/dsable it from the start? I use galaxy, but I don't want to use this feature.
high rated
ShadowOwl: Could we at least get some kind of statement on what GOG's plans for further Linux support currently are?
I would like to know this as well. I wouldn't be nearly as disappointed if it wasn't already promised in the past. It feels like you don't care much about Linux anymore.
Post edited May 22, 2019 by Coocoo617
Heh.

'Halo' , 'GoW' & 'Forza' on the very first preview screen.

Is this a hint about Microsoft coming to GOG ? =)
low rated
[EDIT] WTF you POS. Don't do it twice.
Post edited May 22, 2019 by J_Darnley
low rated
Most excellent! Poland now just need to be more respectful of people (I'm looking at you Cyberpunk 2077's managers) along with getting a democracy. Then all will be well (enough :P)
high rated
It sounds really useful to those who like clients, I hope it goes well.

(No good for me though - it doesn't offer any features I want, only things I wouldn't use. But I only play single player offline games, and prefer to just download and install whatever my current game is.)
high rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: 2) The ability to use Galaxy to download offline backup installers for previous game versions, other than the most recent one.
I absolutely agree! This is a very important feature and in fact should be available when downloading installers from the website as well.
A wonderful surprise, I'm very curious to see it in action!
przekot: yay!
My thoughts exactly, the only flaw is that it's still in beta, but this is brilliant! Take THAT epic!